Roy. (expurgated edition)

rnrswitch

Just a little update after the first cold soak.

They've seen a little shrinkage and quite a lot of indigo bleed.

The pocket bags and white stitching are all quite blue now (more than the pics) and that was without much agitation during soak.

The colour is still very deep and didn't leave any signs of immediate fading.

here's the pics:

Indigo:

L1090219.JPG

L1090220.JPG

Sizing:

L1090224.JPG

L1090225.JPG

No, sentence case. It has a capital 'W', I think!

Well played Sir, very well played :)

Just quick a scrawl whilst I remembered. My writing was far better in school.

Now my typing is faster but my penmanship has suffered!

Thanks guys.

finally got my RS2's in today! Construction is ridiculously nice and the color is beautiful. It is almost black it is so dark...color reminds me a little of my LVC's when they were new.

Gonna soak them tomorrow and let em dry in the hot south Florida sun. I hope the thighs shrink a little as they are a bit loose on me pre-soak...but I am a skinny bastard....

edit: anyone else notice the different colored selvage for the coin pocket? seems to be gold selvage...or am I just crazy?

My rn1 shrank about 2cm for knees and thighs.. And then around 1cm for leg opening. I had them soaked for 45 mins with the hottest tap water.

But don't worry, they will expand after a number of wears. I think the same will happen to your rs1, since both are cone denim.

Ok then. Downsizing seems not to be an option since the thigh measurement on RS1 is already slim enough before shrink.

I think that's probably The best idea. My RS1 were bought true to size and actually fitted more like a downsize, after a hot soak and due to how they are cut & high rise.

I didn't mean to choose this but the result is the best fitting pair of jeans I've ever had (upto that point).

Go for it. You won't be disappointed. :-)

From SE thread :

Next Roy pant is August 20th at all stores. Will be posting info on these on tuesday. Easily the wildest thing he's done, it's a selvedge duck pant but the details are bananas.

A bit too late for the RN1, it's been sold out (except for size 28) for over four months now.

Price on the duck pants will be $340.

:D can't wait to see more details about these

apologies in advance for a potentially repetitive question, however I will pose it nonetheless. I wear 27s in APC petit standards. they're form fitting but not skin tight by any means. upon initial examination of the measurements from context they appear to be pretty damn similar to the measurements of the RN1s in 28 (the only remaining size in that style) on self edge. I realize the major difference here being that APCs are sanforized and the Roys aren't. My questions is this; if I were to acquire a pair of RN1s in 28 do you think that after a soak they would be too small, or would they eventually stretch out to a similar size as my 27 APCs? What if I were to wear them during and after the soak so as to not allow them the opportunity to shrink too drastically? I realize, regardless, that the jeans would be uncomfortable for a bit while they were being broken in, but do you guys think I'd just be setting myself up for a pair or really tight and unflattering pants, or something that would loosen up enough to look good? Fairly vague question I know but I'd appreciate replies from anyone with experience with these jeans.

They'll stretch back out to the stated waist measurement eventually - after aprox 30 wears - according to SelfEdge description (i think)

I theyr'e a good fit when you buy them them maybe give them just a brief cold soak (or wear them raw) if theyr'e too big do a boiling soak and then wear them until they fit correctly. The cone Denim does strectch out a little - upto an inch in the waist on mine.

All sizing is a variation of these factors after the cut itself. If they match up well on paper to your APC's thats a good start.

Maybe someone with experence of APC's can chime in....?

with experience in both the APC New Cure and ROY (the original $150 model and the CONE x ROY Black Seed version), i would say you're taking a bit of a risk. assuming your true waist is a size 29 (that is also assuming that you sized down on your PS by 2 instead of the usual 3), you are already screwed if you buy those ROYs.

from my experience they are great jeans but if i had the chance to buy again, i will purchase them 1 size up instead of TTS. going TTS left it quite tight for me, though wearable. but if you only sized down 1 on your PS, i would say go for the ROYs. they might just work out.

take a look at the measurement chart on the SE site. that will probably be your best bet on whether they will fit you or not..

Finally, Roy's making more duck trousers! Maybe there will still be a pair in my size in ten days when my house sells :)