Rising Sun & Co

Turntabloid

Thank you all for your comments.

Thanks IHBW for the clarification...

Rising Sun calls them "Worker Pants" but Orvis refers to them as "Miner Pants". To my knowledge, The Worker Pants and Neustadter are the only duck pants for Rising Sun at the moment.

I have an e-mail response from Rising Sun re. the Minor/Worker Pants from a couple of moths back when I enquired about them......

"So the Miner pants and the Worker pants are the same thing. The only differance is in the wash. The Workers are Raw and the Miners have a heavily worn in look. We only have the Raw workers at the shop right now. Orvis.com sells the Miner version in their US Patent Collection section of their web store."

Quote Direct from my Email.

Hope this helps :)

new rising sun indigo vest, 6 days to reach jakarta from pasadena. :)

5686607174_0d5090d634_z.jpg

not all is single-needle stitched as i thought it would:

5686042891_240f38c19e_z.jpg

thread run-off on all the buttons, cute. not sure about the new (exposed!) selvedge colour, like the old ticking-ish one better:

5686614768_ba384c08b6_z.jpg

pre-soak fit pics after 2 days of wear. very stiff at first. fits a bit big, will this indigo canvas shrink at all if i hot-soak it? (i assume the canvas is sanforized like rising sun's cone denim):

5692732504_68beff609c_z.jpg

5692168457_e62110c2e6_z.jpg

That's a great looking vest and I love the length of it on you. I wish mine fit me that way rather than barely touching my belt line :(

I'm really wishing I had bought the indigo rather than the duck :) Live and learn.

@eczerwonka thanks! i actually read yr sizing deliberations with @djarrow and @rnrswitch many pages back quite a few times, which helped me decide on the same size as yours, M. :) if it does look great, i owe you one! :)

I guess according to their blog that the Engineer jackets are just about done. It's a shame cuz I am fresh outta cash and it's summer. Two good reasons not to toss money at a jacket in so cal.

Nice stuff Crownzip, thx for sharing. I really like the indigo vests...

Broke out the Rising Sun miner pants, that I picked up from Orvis last fall. I'm not usually a fan of pre-broken-in stuff, but these are so buttery soft & comfortable that I love 'em..

07f05e63.jpg

^ great fit, riff and a good look at the Orvis version; they do look good. I emailed Rising Sun last week asking about the indigo dyed canvas and whether or not they will make pants with it. They said that they are "thinking" about making some of the workers/miners pants with the indigo dyed canvas in a few months during their next run. Looking forward to that, especially after seeing your fit.

Must Spread but perfect Riff!!!!!!!!!

Nice stuff Crownzip, thx for sharing. I really like the indigo vests...

Broke out the Rising Sun miner pants, that I picked up from Orvis last fall. I'm not usually a fan of pre-broken-in stuff, but these are so buttery soft & comfortable that I love 'em..

07f05e63.jpg

Thinking about getting a pair of black smith in their new 14oz denim..with a leather patch.

Is the 14oz stuff sanforized or unsanforized. I wish they made stuff out of unsanforized denim.

Looks like some cool stuff in the next couple of months. Here's a couple photos of a pair of Blacksmiths from Mike's collection that I shot late winter. I think they were worn for about a year. Me and Eric were just fucking around in the backyard. Yeah jacket is different in shots like I said we were fucking around.

www.banditphotographer.com

black2.png

black1.png

black.png

black5.png

black6.png