Rising Sun & Co

Turntabloid

Anyone seen the Ride 'Em jeans in person? I kind of like the minimal look of them from what I have seen on the web, but have yet to see very many fit pics or general impressions of what people thought when they saw them. Also, does anyone know if the worker comes in a regular denim version? I think I'm going to call them to ask about that but figure I would throw that out here for those of you who have probably been in their store.

Here's someone (not me) wearing the Ride 'Em. They're the slimmest jean they make right now with a boot cut, but they're still cut along the selvedge so it's a very slight boot cut.

rsls-108.jpg

They don't have a denim version of the worker, but I believe they plan on making one in the future. The Blacksmith and Yukon are denim cinch backs, but generally a different pant than the worker in the fit and details.

Jesus are these chore jackets sweet....I'm totally getting Rising Sun fever. Dammit. My wallet was doing okay when I took a break from sufu - now I'm back to online window shopping and checking this forum every hour. Damn you all! Dare I say this is the only jacket I have seen recently that might tempt me to retire or sell my MF CPO.

IMG_05691-544x406.jpg

IMG_0582-544x728.jpg

http://risingsunjeans.com/2011/01/11/lifes-a-chore/

Yeah. And I believe the fabric is a japanese denim rather than cone. I think I will be getting the engineer jacket, when I get the blacksmiths.

Also, remember that Rising Sun can make special one-offs for a little bit extra $$$$, so I am sure the worker can be had in a denim.

I asked about getting the blacksmiths in a fabric I would supply them and Hodis told me it was doable.

Apologies in advance for this sizing question, i did my research but found nothing so figured sufu was my best shot.

Does anyone know how to size the Blacksmith jeans? TTS?

I'm a 34" waist, thighs shouldn't be an issue with this cut i think.

The cone denim used is sanforized, right?

Mich, the denim they use on the black smith is very stretchy. My true waist size is 36'. and I wear a Sz 34 in 634 SR's. I went with a Sz 33 and it stretched about 2 inches in like 2 days.

Thanks man, this gives me a better idea about sizing them.

I think i will go with a sz.32 in these.

Is it possible for someone to post measurements for a pair of raw miner and raw yukon w36 please? I did email the place in Switzerland but got no reply. Also emailed RS but didn't get a reply (umless it went into spam by error). Can't seem to find detailed product info on the website anywhere........

Thanks in advance to whoever can help

yeah I am? Did i have you on the phone?

haha nah, I was there a couple of days ago and the guy who worked there was telling me how many orders from europe he has been getting lately.

Is it possible for someone to post measurements for a pair of raw miner and raw yukon w36 please? I did email the place in Switzerland but got no reply. Also emailed RS but didn't get a reply (umless it went into spam by error). Can't seem to find detailed product info on the website anywhere........

Thanks in advance to whoever can help

I'd size down about 2 from the waist size if i were you, it's a true straight leg.

• 2 weeks later...
Here's someone (not me) wearing the Ride 'Em. They're the slimmest jean they make right now with a boot cut, but they're still cut along the selvedge so it's a very slight boot cut.

rsls-108.jpg

They don't have a denim version of the worker, but I believe they plan on making one in the future. The Blacksmith and Yukon are denim cinch backs, but generally a different pant than the worker in the fit and details.

I want that bicycle. Any info?

Received my ranch jacket yesterday, craftsmanship on this is outstanding (as expected) but quite shocked how short this jacket is in length and sleeves. I'm not sure if this will pass after a soak. Definitely not to be worn with regular or low rise denim because it looks 'off'. Need to dig up my highest rise pants and give it another try

Medium measurements:

chest: 21in

length: 23in (bottom of rear collar to back bottom of the jacket)

sleave: 24.5in (top shoulder to cuff)

It's a vintage bicycle that resides in the Rising Sun shop. If you are able to make it out there, Mike would probably be able to tell you more about it as well as the other eclectic items around the shop.

I am actually visiting the shop for the first time on Friday. :)

I was able to visit the shop and snag a free pair of vintage dutch suspenders for just wearing my deadgrass pants. I took some pics of the blacksmiths, yukons, wpa pants, and duck miner pants. Oh and the engineer jacket they have in the shop.

The engineer jacket is amazing as well and when they make a batch I will be snagging one.