Rising Sun & Co

Turntabloid

100 inches. The rear rise is 102 inches.

El topo. Rockin and rollin as usual. Nice pics.

That's kinda what it looks like ...I dig! How often are you rocking yours rnr?

Every day for the most part. I do wear my ROY ducks every once in a while, though.

sooooooo... i CAN"T sag these pants?

Not unless you want your crotch at your ankles....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The blacksmiths are on my future buy list. I think most likely my next jeans after the ROY contest jeans. I also have the ability to get my hands on some 10oz STF cone denim that I hope Rising Sun can make a pair of blacksmiths out of. The fabric should shrink up to about 12 to 12.5oz after a good soak.

I got the Rising Sun ranch duck jacket and the chambray shirt for xmas. I will post some pics when it isn't so rainy around here.

edit: I never noticed that the blacksmiths are a yoke-less pant. Do they also have the one-piece fly on them?

The blacksmiths are on my future buy list. I think most likely my next jeans after the ROY contest jeans. I also have the ability to get my hands on some 10oz STF cone denim that I hope Rising Sun can make a pair of blacksmiths out of. The fabric should shrink up to about 12 to 12.5oz after a good soak.?

Hmm, interesting idea. arten't the blacksmiths made with sanforized denim, though? I think if you're using STF Denim you need to revise your patterns. ROY might have told you about a major US denim maker who uses Sanforized; they got a bunch of STF in by mistake and asked him to either sew them or make the patterns, as they didn't have the knowledge to do so.

Hmm, interesting idea. arten't the blacksmiths made with sanforized denim, though? I think if you're using STF Denim you need to revise your patterns. ROY might have told you about a major US denim maker who uses Sanforized; they got a bunch of STF in by mistake and asked him to either sew them or make the patterns, as they didn't have the knowledge to do so.

Not quite sure how it affects the pattern making, but from my experience, I can wear a pair of 47s TTS dry just as well as I can wear a pair of sized up 1 47s after a hot soak. The shrinking warps the pattern a bit, but not enough for the fit to suffer too much. Also, I think for the most part, the big issue is the skewing of the denim after a shrink.

I don't know much about this though. My sewing experience does not include too much unsanforized fabric. I did make a pair of shorts of unsanforized canvas and they just ending up shrinking in all dimensions.

Fantastic as always, eltopo. RNR- don't you still have your Efelts to wear? I'm also thinking that some Rising Sun jeans will be my next pair after the Roys...

Fantastic as always, eltopo. RNR- don't you still have your Efelts to wear? I'm also thinking that some Rising Sun jeans will be my next pair after the Roys...

I am wearing them daily actually. I am a little sad that they will sit for about 2 months with no wear. I will probably rotate them every now and then. They were just starting to get interesting. The denim is hard to bust.

Not quite sure how it affects the pattern making, but from my experience, I can wear a pair of 47s TTS dry just as well as I can wear a pair of sized up 1 47s after a hot soak. The shrinking warps the pattern a bit, but not enough for the fit to suffer too much. Also, I think for the most part, the big issue is the skewing of the denim after a shrink.

I don't know much about this though. My sewing experience does not include too much unsanforized fabric. I did make a pair of shorts of unsanforized canvas and they just ending up shrinking in all dimensions.

I think the differences are marginal, but denim shrinks more along the selvage than across it. The way the yoke is laid tends to accentuate the shrink around the hips - it's possibly coincidence the construction works that way, but likely it was taken from military clothing where they would have known the importance of a flattering cut, to get people to join up!

i"ll ask ROY about that tonight hopefully.

Some of Rising Sun is Sanforized Cone - are the Elfelts?

I think the differences are marginal, but denim shrinks more along the selvage than across it. The way the yoke is laid tends to accentuate the shrink around the hips - it's possibly coincidence the construction works that way, but likely it was taken from military clothing where they would have known the importance of a flattering cut, to get people to join up!

i"ll ask ROY about that tonight hopefully.

Some of Rising Sun is Sanforized Cone - are the Elfelts?

Yeah, I believe Rising Sun is stuck in the same boat as all the other Cone customers.

duckvest.png

Rising Sun Duck Ranch jacket

Rising Sun Chambray

Rising Sun AB Elfelt Deadgrass jeans.

I am becoming a poster boy for RS. I don't mind.