Rising Sun & Co

Turntabloid

What wabash cloth are you speaking of? I saw a couple that they have. They have some really cool deadstock wabash duck, where the duck has been discharged in a dotted striped pattern and then I saw a chambray that had been discharged in a dotted striped pattern as well. I have not seen a traditional wabash type fabric at Rising Sun though.

They currently aren't making an garments out of the duck or chambray wabash stuff (last I checked anyway), but there was a really nice shirt they had at Inspiration which was a conductor-style shirt, but with some nice little twists and alterations.

I like that Rising Sun makes vintage inspired clothing, but not exact replicas (except for the deadgrass stuff of course). Hodis has seen quite a bit of vintage clothing and he mixes and matches features really well. It doesn't look like everything else out there.

Right-oh. The blog referenced above refers to some upcoming pieces from Rising Sun that use a wabash type cloth. I was wondering whether they had a U.S. source for the fabric or if they were just getting it from Japan.

I dropped off my jeans to get them hemmed at Rising Sun last Friday. They told me that they could be done by Monday, but more likely Tuesday or Wednesday. It's now Friday and I haven't gotten a call from them. I called them twice yesterday a bit after 12 and around 4 and they didn't answer either time. Today I called at 2 and they didn't answer again. Any ideas why they don't answer their phone?

Also, I've read somewhere on this forum and also on yelp that sometimes they take an extra week or two to hem jeans. If that's the case, I would probably go to the store in the next couple of days and take my jeans back and go somewhere else that actually cares about their customers, or pretends to.

Dude I was in the shop a few days ago and they were talking about how they hemmed some dude's jeans into jorts :eek:.

Accidentally or intentionally? Haha. I guess I'll be heading in later without a phone call to surprise them, not that they would have picked up their phone anyways.

Whatever you do don't take it out on that hot little number that works there on the weekends. It ain't her fault.

Haha, alright thanks. I'll take note of that. Also, would you happen to know what brand of jeans they turned into jorts. I went in with a friend and we both got our jeans hemmed, but if they did mess up on one of ours, it's more likely that they messed up on mine.

Haha, alright thanks. I'll take note of that. Also, would you happen to know what brand of jeans they turned into jorts. I went in with a friend and we both got our jeans hemmed, but if they did mess up on one of ours, it's more likely that they messed up on mine.

I was just kidding. I wasn't in the shop recently.

Oh dear. Offbeat: the only sufu'er who rnr seriously!

Or maybe I'm wrong and you're replying ironically to his ironic reply?

Guest denimefreak21oz
Dude I was in the shop a few days ago and they were talking about how they hemmed some dude's jeans into jorts :eek:.

yikes..yep its too long to wait..for hemed..recently i send my 17oz s5000vx to altered inseam n restich the chain stiching exactly the same conditon wit samurai ori inseam (chain stich)..and its yake only 5hr..damm this guy from MALAYSIA is superb.fast n pretty details too.

Guest denimefreak21oz
^^^^^^^^^^ That seriously sucks. I remember last year after inspiration LA there was a huge party at Rising Sun.

Anyways, I was able to drop by the shop about a week ago and decided to take some pics. Crosby's a cool cat and i was in the shop for like 2.5 hours shooting the shit. Picked up some free vintage dutch suspenders for just rolling in the shop with my deadgrass pants on.

Pics of the Blacksmith:

001mediuml.jpg

005medium.jpg

002mediumz.jpg

003medium.jpg

004medium.jpg

006medium.jpg

008medium.jpg

My personal favorite the one piece fly

010medium.jpg

007mediumq.jpg

thanks r.switch for details pic of this blacksmith now u make me wana kill somebody to get .this baby.

Guest denimefreak21oz
The Yukon:

018medium.jpg

019medium.jpg

020mediuml.jpg

021mediumk.jpg

022medium.jpg

023medium.jpg

024medium.jpg

Nice details on this yukon single stich r so cool for vintage inspire..just love the old basic denim look...this gona b in my list too.

in case anyone cares, I am selling my brand new ranch duck jacket (size 36) with a small discount (could be interesting for the EU folks)

in case anyone cares, I am selling my brand new ranch duck jacket (size 36) with a small discount (could be interesting for the EU folks)

Too bad it's way too small for me, it really is a great looking jacket!

Anyone know the pricing on the Blacksmith and Yukon?

Thanks

The Blacksmiths are $500 + $50 shipping to Europe buying directly from Rising Sun, but Sivletto also stocks them and sells them for €402 which is about the same but without the risk of getting hit by customs,

http://shop.sivletto.com/system/search/product.asp?id=5303&c=424&page=1&rnum=2

Guest denimefreak21oz
Anyone know the pricing on the Blacksmith and Yukon?

Thanks

500usd + free suspenders..when u walked in.the shop.but dun hope to get heavy denim..coz this r ..history..n during history time..denim r more less heavier...checkout the duck pants to,,u might love it.same price tag.

500usd + free suspenders..when u walked in.the shop.but dun hope to get heavy denim..coz this r ..history..n during history time..denim r more less heavier...checkout the duck pants to,,u might love it.same price tag.

so what are we talking in terms of weight ? because i really like what i see. just the weight issue is something that concerns me.

I'd say a definite Yay SLAB, the chest and shoulders seem to fit fine and i wouldn't worry about the sleeves being a little on the short side.

I kinda like that, and it's cool to be able to show a bit of the cuff of a shirt you're wearing underneath when wearing a long sleeved shirt.

Lovely jacket!

okay; really not sure whether i should keep the ranch jacket or not so ill just let SuFu decide for me YAY or NAY?

wuhi_e26_u31k.jpg

Just back from hiatus and I have to say a big "Yay" from me. I think the length is just right.

Guest denimefreak21oz
so what are we talking in terms of weight ? because i really like what i see. just the weight issue is something that concerns me.

M.Hodis is totally againts heavy denim..we have to respect his way of thinking..in making vintage cut jeans...cant wait to see RSuns come out wit heavier denim in their products.....nasty badass hardcore super vintage denim ..will born..ha ha..its just my imagination..n i pray it will hapens.

Guest denimefreak21oz
okay; really not sure whether i should keep the ranch jacket or not so ill just let SuFu decide for me YAY or NAY?

wuhi_096_u31k.jpg

wuhi_99b_u31k.jpg

wuhi_e26_u31k.jpg

Nice boots Alden i think,nice samurai,n nice duck jacket..my suggest/ keep it.. really nice fit on you.