Ande Whall Denim

iloveredstripe

We live on the pacific ring of Fire, It's really fortunate that no one died during this disaster. The after shock is also very well handled, I think we as kiwis are very resilient, in that we stand back up quickily after taking a big hit.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been trying to figure out sizing myself, but need some help.

I've measured the jeans I own, and they measure to about 30 after stretching, and where I wear them is about that as well.

I'm pretty sure then that a tag sized 30 in Grifters wouldn't be right, but with sizing down, does the Okayama denim stretch at all?

And for yliafp, Ande goes over in pretty good detail the differences between the different models, and everything else that goes into his jeans. Just go over the site.

I've measured the jeans I own, and they measure to about 30 after stretching, and where I wear them is about that as well.

I'm pretty sure then that a tag sized 30 in Grifters wouldn't be right, but with sizing down, does the Okayama denim stretch at all?

And for yliafp, Ande goes over in pretty good detail the differences between the different models, and everything else that goes into his jeans. Just go over the site.

^mm, i wouldn't size down all that much.. you can expect maybe an inch in stretch. so, in that case, the most i'd say you should size down is to a 29... but, that may very well cut off circulation to your balls (6).

ps. which denim you looking at?

^mm, i wouldn't size down all that much.. you can expect maybe an inch in stretch. so, in that case, the most i'd say you should size down is to a 29... but, that may very well cut off circulation to your balls (6).

ps. which denim you looking at?

Yeah, i read those pretty thoroughly, but I guess what i'm really asking is what the extra $40 gets you in terms of denim quality.

Yeah, i read those pretty thoroughly, but I guess what i'm really asking is what the extra $40 gets you in terms of denim quality.

I have the 15.5 oz in the slacker cut. I normally wear size 36 in all jeans. Most of my jeans after extended wear measure over 36 inches (usually 37 to 38). This is from stretching and wearing them lower on my hips. I bought the Slackers in size 36. The initial fit was tight but very wearable. I've worn the Slackers now for a few months. They have stretched out to 37.5 inches in the waist. The details are super nice and the denim has a very dark appearance. I hope this helps.

get the 13.5oz. i like it better than both the 14.5 DLX and 15.5oz...

It does look and feel a bit different from Sams... not so much abrasion.

anyone have pictures of the 13.5 oz denim in action? I am on the fence between this and the 15.5 oz. Thinking of going with 13.5 (i have 15 oz sams now) but want to make sure the denim doesnt look too limp. thanks in advance

I've had the 14.5 oz Slackers since January and I absolutely love them. A big step up from my Grifter #001's (although I really liked the heavier pocket bags on the old grifters).

I've probably only worn them 50% the time, but they are getting some nice fades. Well, as nice as they can be when I have to sit behind a desk and code all day.

As for fitting, i had 36's in the grifters, and they have definitely stretched a good bit. I can't wear them without a belt. I sized down to 35's for the slackers and now that they've stretched out a bit, they fit like a glove. perfect in the waist and a bit slimmer in the leg.

I'll post some pics sooner or later. I still wear those grifters a good bit as well.