Ande Whall Denim

iloveredstripe

Was out in the sun having a couple of beers on the deck and started to notice some 'electric blue' hues emerging from my 14.5oz Cougars, so I took a couple of shots. I've been wearing them for about 3 months solid now, nothing epic but kinda interesting.

1st pic: Cougars & SB's & Macs Gold (no vis).

2nd pic: Electric blue bit that caught my eye & hairy leg.

3rd pic: Detail of the uneven weave running down to my right knee.

andewhallwear.jpg

howdy -

just got my 13.5 ozs grifter's in the mail today, and figured i would post some fit pics/jean comparison pics to help others in their sizing efforts. these are 34/32, i sized against ande's website chart and a pair of broken in rogue territories. jeans feel great, nice crinkle to them, and beautiful colour. ande was great to do business with; quick responses, quick shipment, and a beautiful product. i'll post up some contrast pics later (against my apc's/rt's/burgu's) so that you can get a relative feel for the colour of the denim. thanks ande - these are some of the best jeans i've put on.

P1000568.jpg[/img]P1000569.jpgP1000570.jpgP1000571.jpgP1000572.jpgP1000574.jpg

that fit looks good. are you planning on a soak to get the shrink over with?

thanks - first jeans i've ordered online, and quite happy with how the fit has worked out.

not sure about the soak though...it looks like these have a light starch to them (a similar shine to the apc nc's?) which i would like to keep until the first wash...but the stacking is a bit more than i personally like. so, long answer = no clue, right now, probably wear them for a few days and see if they relax and go from there.

@Andre: thanks -

Club Sandwich: Really GREAT fit! I´d soak them to get the shrinkage out but that´s just me, since most of my raw´s seem to drybleed like hell...

But I do love the fit and they are absolutely perfect in size in my opinion!!

//Alex

Is the shrinkage I'd get lengthwise enough to worry about having to size up?

I don't want to go much lower than 32" inseam, but I'm worried that 34" would force me to cuff excessively. 32" is just long enough to keep the hem about 1" off the ground for me, which is where I'd want it.

I'd love to get something that I could either have SMALL stacks or a small (<1") cuff. Should I go with 34" or risk with 32"?

Club Sandwich: Really GREAT fit! I´d soak them to get the shrinkage out but that´s just me, since most of my raw´s seem to drybleed like hell...

But I do love the fit and they are absolutely perfect in size in my opinion!!

//Alex

Thanks man - appreciate the compliment(s) -

@ Aleo - how long have you been rocking those for? Did you do a pre-soak? If so, did they bleed a ton (of indigo and/or starch)? Which model/denim are they?

@nietenhosen: good looking details! any chance you can put up a full length pick (including the burgeoning combs)?

worn them every day (minus four days i think...) since august fourth. i did a pre-soak, and if you want to see before and after pics here is a link. since i soaked them in my washing machine i'm not sure what the water looked like, or exactly how much indigo bleed there was*. but, they are still dark for sure. they're the 15.5 cougar.

*when you are asking about starch do you just want to know how the creases set? because the starchy look (which i'm not a big fan of, but i also don't mind it.. i'm very bi-polar :P) was basically gone. not a lot of shine.

i'm reading a lot of posts saying the 13.5 is heavier than they thought it would be. Anyone have both the 13.5 and 15.5 and care to describe some of the differences they've noticed? Trying to decide on the next pair (in the next few months) and have been eyeing AW for awhile. 14.5 would have been ideal, but I missed that train.

i'm reading a lot of posts saying the 13.5 is heavier than they thought it would be. Anyone have both the 13.5 and 15.5 and care to describe some of the differences they've noticed? Trying to decide on the next pair (in the next few months) and have been eyeing AW for awhile. 14.5 would have been ideal, but I missed that train.

How did you miss the train? He still offers 14.5 oz...

worn them every day (minus four days i think...) since august fourth. i did a pre-soak, and if you want to see before and after pics here is a link. since i soaked them in my washing machine i'm not sure what the water looked like, or exactly how much indigo bleed there was*. but, they are still dark for sure. they're the 15.5 cougar.

*when you are asking about starch do you just want to know how the creases set? because the starchy look (which i'm not a big fan of, but i also don't mind it.. i'm very bi-polar :P) was basically gone. not a lot of shine.

i would definitely like to take a look if you could post the link (again?).

as for the starch/shine, my only point of reference was my apc nc's (none of my other jeans have had the 'shine') and i prefer their fades to my other jeans...so...pro starch? probably...

i would definitely like to take a look if you could post the link (again?).

as for the starch/shine, my only point of reference was my apc nc's (none of my other jeans have had the 'shine') and i prefer their fades to my other jeans...so...pro starch? probably...

If it helps, my apc's completely changed after their first soak, they went really soft whereas my 14.5 remained quite stiff and crunchy and didn't really change that much - apart from the shrinking. So my call is (if you want to) they should be fine with an initial soak.

If it helps, my apc's completely changed after their first soak, they went really soft whereas my 14.5 remained quite stiff and crunchy and didn't really change that much - apart from the shrinking. So my call is (if you want to) they should be fine with an initial soak.

thanks man - i'll be soaking this weekend.

ande put the black jeans on his site, dont know if yall noticed.

bk03l.jpg

These look really nice. I have the 15.5oz Indigo in the Slacker cut. I love the fit and denim on those so I'm sure these will be great. You can't beat Ande's workmanship to price ratio. It's nice to see some really nice detailed denim for under $275. It seams everything else out there is selling for more than $350. I guess that what you get when you cut out the wholesale level of selling. Ande keep the great options coming!!!