Ande Whall Denim

iloveredstripe

Cuff those hems!! fit looks great, must spread...

i agree about the cuffing. was going to wait for the denim to settle a bit; does it matter? thanks dawei and corpo.

I received my 15.5oz cougars, I hot soaked them 2 times and wore them for the first time today. really love the fit and the denim! the denim feels alot like SDA, very dark and not very hairy... In the sun, there is a distinct red/purple tinge.

Looking forward to the release of the 13.5oz in a week or two, and definitely keen another pair of blacks in september!

In the sun, there is a distinct red/purple tinge.

i noticed the exact same thing with mine, it looks really cool. i love the fit of the cougars as they seem much narrower from the knee down than my apc rescues.

did you order the 13.5 oz model as well?

i noticed the exact same thing with mine, it looks really cool. i love the fit of the cougars as they seem much narrower from the knee down than my apc rescues.

did you order the 13.5 oz model as well?

No, i didnt preorder

I prefer to get my jeans, after someone got a pair and shot a few pics...

I am quite tempted to try out some of the fuller cuts like miner and sailor...

or i might stick to what i already know... grifter/cougars

Debating between grifters, slackers and cougars. I have a pair of KMW 1980s right now, and I'd like a similar fit, something slim and straight. Which one should i go for?

nothing is similar...

I personally find Andewhalls miles better than KMW in terms of cut, denim and even price!

anyone who ordered their AW's in the US, did you have any problems with the US Custom's department? Like were there any fee's that you had to pay?

I just got a pair of 15.5 Slackers. I did not have to pay any additional fees. The denim is very dark and smooth. I wore mine right out of the box. They feel pretty stiff in the beginning. The details and workmanship are topnotch.

The denim is very dark and smooth. I wore mine right out of the box. They feel pretty stiff in the beginning. The details and workmanship are topnotch.

give 'em a soak, get the shrinkage out. gorgeous jeans.

I liked the fit of the imperial duke in 29, and i want to get a pair of ande whalls with a similar, or maybe slightly slimmer fit.

The measurement charts on the sites dont really match up very well:

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=33&products_id=184

http://andewhall.bigcartel.com/style-guide-size-charts

I was thinking i should go for cougars, but was also considering the grifter, any input?

do you own dukes? if you do, and like how they fit right now, measure them at all the spots shown on ande's site and base your decision off that. remember, the jeans you own have probably stretched already, so make sure that you account for that. self conducted research will save you a lot of $$$.

do you own dukes? if you do, and like how they fit right now, measure them at all the spots shown on ande's site and base your decision off that. remember, the jeans you own have probably stretched already, so make sure that you account for that. self conducted research will save you a lot of $$$.

I only tried them on in the store :/ and I don't currently own pants that fit well so i can only go off what I'm seeing on these charts

hmm, well try and measure your body then. if you have a good tape to measure with (one that can wrap, not one of the aluminum/metaly ones) use it at those key points. basically, the most important thing is get a good waist measurement and then decide what kind of cut you like. the cuts are fairly straightforward imo.

hmm, well try and measure your body then. if you have a good tape to measure with (one that can wrap, not one of the aluminum/metaly ones) use it at those key points. basically, the most important thing is get a good waist measurement and then decide what kind of cut you like. the cuts are fairly straightforward imo.

missed you in the PDX. Stopped by Woodlands & Local 35. Picked up APC rescue's, Tellason's and the 3 sixteens. On an ANDE note, i was in Cabela's in Post Falls, Idaho. I was up at the counter and heard "Hey Nice Ande's!!!!" I turned around and there was this 6'8" dude. We talked about Ande's for awhile, he wears the Cougars and the Cougar boot cut because he has too big of feet to wear anything with a taper. He also said that he has a pair of Ande's with Cone denim? Ande, will you ever use Cone again?

Anyways, how does this relate to the question of fit. I am 6'5", 250lbs (on a good day), I have the Miner cut and think they fit awesome. They have enough room in the seat and upper thigh, that I can work in them etc. This dude that I met was 6'8" and maybe 220, he wore the bootcuts. So if the guy asking about sizing is near the two of us, he can't go wrong with a Miner or Cougar. Another comparison, the miner fits like a well worn pair of 501's (of your true waist size).

He also said that he has a pair of Ande's with Cone denim? Ande, will you ever use Cone again?

Ok, hopefully, i dont offend any cone fans, but I hope ande will never use cone again. I have the 14.5DLX , the 15.5oz as well as the old cone denim from 2009... This new japanese stuff is miles better!

I heard it won't be happening any time soon, but hopefully someone with more knowledge can provide details on when or if they will eventually stock them...

well the few times i saw it mentioned said it would stock fall 2010 so im crossing my fingers!