Sugar Cane Denim

allacedout

I've read through many of the 85 pages in this thread, but not all of them, so sorry if this has already been answered. Does anyone have a pair of Eterna 811's and the SC1966? And if so, how do they compare in fit and with sizes?

Also, for people in the US, what is a recommended way to get the SC1966 from Japan?

i dont know what size you are but I happen to have a NWT tags 1966 (36 waist) which are too big for me. got them direct from japan last week. Let me know if interested im in nyc and can ship in the states.

jiomotori-

I don't know if you know this, but the SC 66 has a notoriously large hip flare... I was considering the SC 66s for a while, thinking that they would be slimmer than the SC47s, but that's not really the case. Sugarcane cuts are truly vintage in that sense.

jiomotori-

I don't know if you know this, but the SC 66 has a notoriously large hip flare... I was considering the SC 66s for a while, thinking that they would be slimmer than the SC47s, but that's not really the case. Sugarcane cuts are truly vintage in that sense.

Oh--thanks for the tip Jubei. I'll back off the Sugarcanes for now.

Sorry for the basic question but i love the SC brand-ive bought a few pairs that are too big and after i sell need to try again. I love the 50/cotton-cane texture.

Are the okis and union starts anti fit and hip flared as much as the 47s...i kinda wanna a straight pair...thanks all

Sorry for the basic question but i love the SC brand-ive bought a few pairs that are too big and after i sell need to try again. I love the 50/cotton-cane texture.

Are the okis and union starts anti fit and hip flared as much as the 47s...i kinda wanna a straight pair...thanks all

Most of their jeans tend to have a bit of a hip flair...and most reproductions in general seem to have more room for body curves than the newer cuts today.

I assume if you're into SC that you know the union's are 100% cotton like the 47/55/66's and not the 50/50 blend like the oki/hawaii/edo's.

edit - oops...beat me to it

I've always been interested in SugarCane's jeans with actualy sugar in them. I thought all their jeans had sugar in them, until later I discovered I was wrong. So, I'm looking forward to purchaseing "SC40401A." Since they're all one wash, how much does it stretch?

I dont think any1 here has posted pics of these so I'll start. I know most of you prob dont like it and think its too flashy but personally I think its quite funky. I prob wont wear it in Aus but I will in HK or JP. Anyway here it is:

img2741ju9.jpg

Back Shot

img2742lm7.jpg

Front Shot

img2743vx2.jpg

Tag

img2747zi4.jpg

Contrast of colours

img2749mq1.jpg

Tag

img2751tw9.jpg

Dodgy inside pocket stitching. I dont even know what the hell its for but its already coming off

img2752mi1.jpg

Stitching of the special tag on the other pocket is coming off too but at least this one has a reason for the stitching :).

img2753cs3.jpg

This makes going to the toilet a lot easier than those button jeans :D

Do you have these? If you like them, wear them. Personally I wouldn't, I don't like the different colour front and back, or the 2 different ppairs of jeans stitched together idea and I dont like the poppers or the corset at the back.

Other than that they are fine, except the medallion on the leather patch. haha

one of the sales girls in harajuku tried to sell me on these, but i wasnt feeling the 2 tones or the corset looking idea on the back. they seemed like an ok cut but it was a little too flashy for me so i went with okis instead (and thery were cheaper). props for the pickup though.