Sugar Cane Denim

allacedout

nice pickup on them there canes--------i think they are overlooked among the satokibi

you will discover interesting little details as the months pass and when you do, share them with us!

Thanks ddml. The detailing is insane on these jeans. The pocket bags are supposidely dyed with persimmon and the backpockets are lined with the same cloth (and thick lining too. took forever to dry). The colour is this weird greenish/blue and very uniform (not like the SC40400 at all). I have no idea how this thing is going to fade. Going to be a lot of pics up on the evo thread over the coming months. And then there's the blue(indigo?) dyed scarf/bandanna thing. Awesome.

Fit pics. As I've mentioned before, they fit very similar to my SC41955s when I first got them. Even with multiple hot soaks, the denim is still fresh and stiff. Needs to be broken in. My thighs on the other hand are breathing sighs of relief. I can use these jeans to take a break from all the slim straights I've been wearing lately. On a side note, so glad I sized down. I stretched the waist out deliberately, but the rest of the body fits really well.

sc11.jpg

sc12.jpg

sc13.jpg

Dumb question - if a Rakuten/other Japanese site shows an item in its store with tabs/arcs, will they ship that way?

(if done through a proxy, I mean)

I don't REALLY need another pair with the Dubbleworks contest on the horizon, but i'm just pondering anyway

Props to Spe for the fast pickup and delivery. And props to Bobbejaan for putting the info up. Natural indigos at 30% off regular prices.

Hi Indigo Junkie - could you expand on this?! I've searched Bobbejaan posts and I can't seem to find any details of where to buy these at a discount - and chance you could point me in the right direction?

(edit: Ah, I've stalked you both onto Mynudies now and found the answer!)

to answer your questions, sugarcane 47's shrink down to the listed sizes so that 28 waist will go from the raw measurment of 30 to 28 but they stretch out pretty quickly, i do not have measurements of my personal pair of 28s right now but will measure for you later on. I am typically between a 29 and 30, and my 28's fit well, a little tight in the waist but I was attempting to get them as slim as possible, which is not very slim.

Think about it for a minute mate.......

If a japanese company is sending jeans to a Japanese customer (proxy), why the fuck would they remove the tabs and arcs?

I mean, use your fucking brain.

Why must you be so fucking rude...

His question was way smarter than your response, you sound like an angry, insecure, prick.

Some jeans are sold without arc and tabs in japan too.

Wrong on all counts I'm afraid blackplatano.

1. He acknowledged his question was dumb.

2. He wasn't referring to 'some jeans' he was referring to jeans with tabs and arcs on a japanese shop website.

3. While I may get fed up of reading dumb questions, I am neither insecure or angry or a prick.

4. Rudeness seems to have worked because he realised it was a stupid question and probably won't post any more.

So in conclusion, fuck you blackplatano, I thought you were a cock before when you were trying enforce some stupid rules for the comp. Now I am sure you are.

To brightbill: No worries. No hard feelings.

Wrong on all counts I'm afraid blackplatano.

1. He acknowledged his question was dumb.

WaT!? you retarted?

1. So what? Does that give you the right to try to bully this man?

2. He wasn't referring to 'some jeans' he was referring to jeans with tabs and arcs on a japanese shop website.

2. WHAT'S YOUR FUCKING POINT...Sugarcane 1947 were sold without arcs but appeared on rakuten with arcs intact for some time...

3. While I may get fed up of reading dumb questions, I am neither insecure or angry or a prick.

3. Of course you're not :rolleyes:

4. Rudeness seems to have worked because he realised it was a stupid question and probably won't post any more.

4. This is not a high school hall way you imature bitch, people don't need you trying to make people feel stupid..it will not get you any rep points...act like an adult, cause right now you are acting like a bitch.

So in conclusion, fuck you blackplatano, I thought you were a cock before when you were trying enforce some stupid rules for the comp. Now I am sure you are.

Ask me if i care...:rolleyes:

but I have a question...

WHO THE FUCK IS FRESCO???

WHo made you the 'stupid post police'???

The "stupid rules" you speak off were suggested by sugarcane (to ensure it's a competition and not a sale).

next to the thread it said HOT!

but all i see are two little schoolchildren rubbing against each other in effort to gain a precipice of an orgasm.

you're both wrong.

that specific pair of jeans was made ages ago, prior to sugarcane's removal of arcuates on future jeans announcement, but since it's not an extremely popular model, noone bought it.

therefore, arcuates were intact, spe bought it, sent it off to indigo_junkie and the rest we can all say, is present/history.

so you're both wrong. now apologise like good little children and let me never see this happen again.

... oh and...

BOOYAH!

I am on day 4 rocking my new pair of one-wash Okinawas and I really love them. Everything about them is perfect. The fit, the cut, the quality etc.

I will get some pictures up in the next few days...

What's the weather like in Omaha right now? I had to switch to a lighter denim once summer hit here...Okinawa's are a bit too heavy & dense when the temperature hits 95+.

that specific pair of jeans was made ages ago, prior to sugarcane's removal of arcuates on future jeans announcement, but since it's not an extremely popular model, noone bought it.

therefore, arcuates were intact, spe bought it, sent it off to indigo_junkie and the rest we can all say, is present/history.

Sounds like you may be talking about the 40200s? If so, do you know why they weren't popular. Is it that the Japanese styling isn't appealing to the locals? Or is the cut unusual (I assumed the cut would be similar to other Sugarcanes which are all pretty similar really). Or is there something about natural indigo...? To me it looks pretty sweet from the photos though I've never seen these in the flesh.

To me they look great (which I suppose is the important thing) but I haven't seen them first hand and I'd like to know if I'm overlooking anything before I place an order. Thanks.

next to the thread it said HOT!

but all i see are two little schoolchildren rubbing against each other in effort to gain a precipice of an orgasm.

you're both wrong.

so you're both wrong. now apologise like good little children and let me never see this happen again.

... oh and...

BOOYAH!

Sorry mister.....

What's the weather like in Omaha right now? I had to switch to a lighter denim once summer hit here...Okinawa's are a bit too heavy & dense when the temperature hits 95+.

This next week is going to be the hottest this summer, 95+. I don't do much outside(besides walking to class), and if I do, I change. It is always freezing cold in the library I work at, so it works out :)

Sounds like you may be talking about the 40200s? If so, do you know why they weren't popular. Is it that the Japanese styling isn't appealing to the locals? Or is the cut unusual (I assumed the cut would be similar to other Sugarcanes which are all pretty similar really). Or is there something about natural indigo...? To me it looks pretty sweet from the photos though I've never seen these in the flesh.

To me they look great (which I suppose is the important thing) but I haven't seen them first hand and I'd like to know if I'm overlooking anything before I place an order. Thanks.

cut's not unusual, if anything, it's the same practically

natural indigo is really good, but then again some. (as in, each to his own)

the colour might've put people off, i do quite like it though. the methodology for the colour is unique to say the least.

also, take into consideration that sugarcane isn't a SUPER POPULAR brand in japan. most people couldn't care less about expensive high end denim - they'd just buy levis or anything that fits well. but definately more popular than samurai.

and also, take into account the price -- although it's quite low for a natural indigo, the price in comparison to the synthetic 'pure' indigo models is markedly different.

just a few things.

I've been wearing my okinawas a lot this summer. But then summer in London is fucking cold and raining and miserable so far.

I dream of it being too hot for jeans.

no kidding.

melbourne's summers are quite nice and hot, wearing heavy jeans won't really phase me.

it's winter now - pretty cold but i doubt it's as cold as london's summer nahmeeeen.

I've been wearing my okinawas a lot this summer. But then summer in London is fucking cold and raining and miserable so far.

I dream of it being too hot for jeans.

I need to move to the west coast or something...its freezing here in the winter, and roasting hot in the summer...we don't get much in between. Oh well...I'm gonna wear jeans everyday regardless.:P

no kidding.

melbourne's summers are quite nice and hot, wearing heavy jeans won't really phase me.

it's winter now - pretty cold but i doubt it's as cold as london's summer nahmeeeen.

It's no fucking joke! We've had a maximum temperature of 20 C for weeks now. It all dates back to when I stupidly went and bought a garden bench and barbecue.

Sorry to all londoners for ruining the weather.