Sugar Cane Denim

allacedout

i think the quality for both is pretty comparable, although the LVC 47s i have are japanese, so i cant speak to the quality of the US/UK LVC 47's. from what i hear the stitching and details of the jap lvc repros are slightly better than the other 'branches' of lvc, at least in terms of the jeans.

the denim of the SC47's is nicer I think, its a tighter weave and perhaps a little softer to the touch. the SC47's i have are one wash and have been worn very little and the LVC47's were worn raw for three months or so and cold soaked/hand washed once. they are practically identical looking.

in examining the stitching, I would say that the Levis stitching is little more precise than the SC. but overall you would have a hard time telling them apart.

i dont think you could go wrong owning either...

How does the quality of the Cane 47 compare to the LVC 47? I would think the Canes are higher quality, but have seen some nice fades on the LVCs, so I am not sure.

How does the quality of the Cane 47 compare to the LVC 47? I would think the Canes are higher quality, but have seen some nice fades on the LVCs, so I am not sure.

the biggest differences i've noticed is A- the weight of the denim, and B- the LVC's seem slimmer

Just wanted to share my good experience with Mario at mil-mil.net. I ordered a pair of SC45 Lee repros yesterday afternoon (for 17052 yen - $145 shipped!), and by this morning, he had replied with an EMS tracking number. The EMS website estimates 2-3 days delivery to the midwestern US from Japan. His English is probably all done through an online translator, but his prices are low, he responded to all my e-mails the same day, and shipped super-fast.

The 55's are the baggiest cut that Sugarcane makes.

really? that seems in contrast to the real LVC fits then, since i believe 55's are the slimmest. i retract my statement then, go with the 45's, they are a bargain and you won't be dissapointed.

can anyone tell me where i can buy a pair of LVC levis (501xx, 47s)

wrong thread. search for an LVC post, or just go to www.levisstore.com. also, i believe the denim bar still has some, call them and they'll ship to you

thanks, but that store only does the worn out looking ones. i cant find any store that does the new version LVC levi vintage 501 xx, except for www.shotgun.tv and they`ve sold out . can you tell me if those (501xx`s) on shotgun are the 1947 model. (same cut as sugarcane 47s)

wrong thread. search for an LVC post, or just go to www.levisstore.com. also, i believe the denim bar still has some, call them and they'll ship to you

love american classics, great store.

what size were you after?

The 30 fit really well on the 1947s, but I understand they shrink alot after wash/soak (although I never wash my jeans anyway). The high rise was very weird (in a good way), having been used to RRDS, but the anti-fit in the seat put me off.

Have you tried anything on @ American Classics? There's a gap in their changing "room", and I'm pretty sure some guy was watching me getting changed.

they ship international.

but Caliroots carries Sugar Cane?!? i thought they were all about the hype...

pretty cool nonetheless.

the mark-up is ridiculous. 47 are almost 3 times as expensive as in japan (300$ + ridiculous shipping as opposed to around 140$ shipped from japan). an there's barely a price increase on the Okinawa and Hawaii compare to the 47, which is stupid cause the 47 is suppose to retail for less than half of those. anyway, anyone paying 300$ for a pair of 47 is pretty dumb IMO

http://caliroots.com/system/campaign/view.asp?cid=707