Sugar Cane Denim

allacedout

I need some input on a situation I'm in.

Last week I ordered a pair of non-wash okinawas size 32x34. Today when I get the package something has gotten mixed up and I've gotten a pair of one-wash Hawaiis size 32x34. The store ( cali-freakkin'-roots) are now out of the okinawas and my chances of getting a pair are therfore nonexistent.

The question as I now see it is should I keep the hawaiis and hope they stretch out, or return them? I can button up the last button (yes, I read the post about stretching further up, and the rest of the thread for that matter but I have to ask) but they still feel a bit tight around the package.

My waist is about 34 inches and I had hoped to stretch out the unwashed 32's to about that size. Is the same amount of stretching still possible with a one-wash?

I need some input on a situation I'm in.

Last week I ordered a pair of non-wash okinawas size 32x34. Today when I get the package something has gotten mixed up and I've gotten a pair of one-wash Hawaiis size 32x34. The store ( cali-freakkin'-roots) are now out of the okinawas and my chances of getting a pair are therfore nonexistent.

The question as I now see it is should I keep the hawaiis and hope they stretch out, or return them? I can button up the last button (yes, I read the post about stretching further up, and the rest of the thread for that matter but I have to ask) but they still feel a bit tight around the package.

My waist is about 34 inches and I had hoped to stretch out the unwashed 32's to about that size. Is the same amount of stretching still possible with a one-wash?

i personally, wouldn't settle. caliroots messed up, so they need to fix things. i'm sure they will get more stock in.

That's what I think to. But I've tried them on now and i kinda like the fit (if they would stretch a bit)

How tight can you wear canes?

i only have 47 canes and they are worn a little loose anti fit in the back. i've been eyeing the one wash hawaii's for awhile now. post pics if you can.

I don't think this has been mentioned but I was talking (e-mailing) with Mario Kenjo from mil-mil.net and he told me that Sugarcane had discontinued the Cowboy jean (1945 lee repro left hand twill, a bit of green cast etc...)

Has anyone else heard anything to this effect? I ordered a pair from him and luckily he still had my size.

So if this is true if anyone has been deliberating over this you should act now and if anyone has a sugarcane connection I would be interested to see if this is true or is Mario and I lost too much in the translation between our conversations (he speaks no English and I now Japanese so our translated e-mail can get funny).

ABOUT SIZING AGAIN!

After reading over 50 pages of this thread, I am still here with a doubt about which size of one wash 47 to order.

My actual measured waist is about 34" (87cm) but I wear a W32 in a Lee 200 that after every washing shrinks to 80-81cm and after a few hour stretches again to 82-83cm. I wear a W32 also in Abercrombie jeans, and I can wear also 33 in some italian jeans. I am tempted to order a W32 also for the canes 47, as I don't like a too baggy look, but I don't want that they then stretch up to 85-86cm!

A perfect fit would be a (already stretched) waist around 83-84cm. Not more than this.

Any advice?

I don't want a very slim cut, for this a newer kind of jeans like the Nudies would be surely better. If I should choose a Lee repro, maybe an Edwin Lee would be still better, with all its orginal Lee labels.

ABOUT SIZING AGAIN!

After reading over 50 pages of this thread, I am still here with a doubt about which size of one wash 47 to order.

My actual measured waist is about 34" (87cm) but I wear a W32 in a Lee 200 that after every washing shrinks to 80-81cm and after a few hour stretches again to 82-83cm. I wear a W32 also in Abercrombie jeans, and I can wear also 33 in some italian jeans. I am tempted to order a W32 also for the canes 47, as I don't like a too baggy look, but I don't want that they then stretch up to 85-86cm!

A perfect fit would be a (already stretched) waist around 83-84cm. Not more than this.

Any advice?

my 47's size 30 now measures 16 across

If you wait a couple weeks I can give you a first hand account of some new 45 I have coming but so can 100 other people on here tell you about 47s.

I have heard that the general consensus is to size down one size. Measure your waist because canes are exact to tag size.

Then use wash and stretch to adjust your jean's size from then on.

This has all been siad in this thread before but here it is in one post.

i can tell you about the 45s...

1cm slimmer thru the legs than the 47.

slight taper from the knee to the hem.

not anti-fit.

beautiful, tight denim, LHT, not very slubby.

stubborn fading, with a more blurry fade than the 47s... very distinctive.

not many people have them... most under rated denim out there i think.

mine are retired in germany after a good life in florida.