Sugar Cane Denim

allacedout

I just got my SC40400N and they bleed more than any other jean I've seen in my life! I havent yet soaked them and I'm hoping that mitigates it, but how do other people who own this model deal with the level of indigo loss? Just putting them over about 30 seconds my hands turned completely blue, much worse than the eternals...

I've been thinking about getting a pair of Cane 1955 zipper fly SC41955? Does anyone have these and what's the feedback on them? Sizing down or up, the fit... etc etc.... thanks...

I just got my pair of no wash 55s a few days ago. fits comfortably on the waist, but the seat is HUGE. people at school were telling me that they look like i've got nappies on underneath. I'm going to drop by the laundromat before school tomorrow and give it a hot wash + hot dry and see if that helps. The jeans looked good lying flat, and are really comfortable to wear (loving the rough slubby feeling and the hairyness - much more rougher than my nudies).

I'm not worried about the waist, i don't want them tight around my legs...

lol i don't think you'll ever hear about canes being tight around the leg, just get the smallest size you could fit into in the waist...that should make the ass more fitted, the legs will always be loose

Just an update on my 55s. Did a hot wash and then stuck it in an industrial dryer for 20min (it's almost hypnotic how it tumbles around like that). Indigo bleed wasn't too bad. The inside pockets were stained blue a little, and it's a bit bluer overall. The fit feels completely different though. Lost 2 inches in the cuff (fits perfect now), about an inch in the waist and like 2 inches in the seat. Had to struggle a little to button it on at first (it's a 34 btw), but by the end of the day it stretched out to just a little tighter than the raw state, and it should loosen up to what it was before in a few days. The major change was the seat. It doesn't look huge anymore. It's still loose, but I didn't buy these thinking that they were slimfits.

got my hawaii one washes in the mail the otehr day from big and they shortened them to 29.5 inches inseam, i cold soaked them again to get out even more strinkage before wearing and the leg lenth shrank about another 3/8 inch so almost a 1/2 inch.

take this into account when you get your denim shortened even if they are "one wash" they will still shrik so if if you want to get out that little bit more shrinkage before wearing, cold soak them for a least a few hours, i let them soak for 4 hours. the waiste measurement didn't change at all.

good luck.