Sugar Cane Denim

allacedout

the mark-up is ridiculous. 47 are almost 3 times as expensive as in japan (300$ + ridiculous shipping as opposed to around 140$ shipped from japan). an there's barely a price increase on the Okinawa and Hawaii compare to the 47, which is stupid cause the 47 is suppose to retail for less than half of those. anyway, anyone paying 300$ for a pair of 47 is pretty dumb IMO

http://caliroots.com/system/campaign/view.asp?cid=707

yeah, i was checking the price of that this morning. it's obscene how expensive that is. grandism had much better prices. And with 2000DB in japan, there is no reason to pay that much.

hah, i suppose so. I wonder how these are going to fade.

hoping some of the ( ) around the thighs will tone down as well

yeah, thats the drawback of the 1947 cut. but people say it will be better once worn in. never got a chance to wear mine in, so i can't tell you otherwise.

the mark-up is ridiculous. 47 are almost 3 times as expensive as in japan (300$ + ridiculous shipping as opposed to around 140$ shipped from japan). an there's barely a price increase on the Okinawa and Hawaii compare to the 47, which is stupid cause the 47 is suppose to retail for less than half of those. anyway, anyone paying 300$ for a pair of 47 is pretty dumb IMO

http://caliroots.com/system/campaign/view.asp?cid=707

But the fact is that for most Scandinavian people, Sugarcane is a totally new brand and have never seen the prices before so they are willing to pay a civil war for a pair of jeans.

• 3 weeks later...

I just got a pair of sugarcanes and I have an issue with them - the fit is great, comfy everywhere except with one exception. I cant button the top two buttons! I got them in my regular size (36x34) because they measured out to 38x36 but the rise is really high which makes them tough to button up. My concern is that after shrinkage they wont fit at all. Any ideas? Should I like do squats in them or just resell? Thanks!

I just got a pair of sugarcanes and I have an issue with them - the fit is great, comfy everywhere except with one exception. I cant button the top two buttons! I got them in my regular size (36x34) because they measured out to 38x36 but the rise is really high which makes them tough to button up. My concern is that after shrinkage they wont fit at all. Any ideas? Should I like do squats in them or just resell? Thanks!

id sell them. you should measure where you want the jeans to sit on your body and order that size

sounds like a superfuture fit.

they will stretch, especially wet. maybe you should wear them in the bath to ensure they don't shrink too much.

good luck man.

That's a good idea... Say I soak them and they become WAY too small. Do you think I'll still be able to resell them as basically unworn? THANKS!

You might want to clarify exactly which 'Canes you have. From your vague comment, it would seem these are no-wash, rather than one-wash. Which model? The '47s tend to end up pretty much tag size. Sounds like you might want to sell and get the next size up, but more details might help.

You might want to clarify exactly which 'Canes you have. From your vague comment, it would seem these are no-wash, rather than one-wash. Which model? The '47s tend to end up pretty much tag size. Sounds like you might want to sell and get the next size up, but more details might help.

They say "LOT 1947" on the leather patch and the 1947 is stamped in. There's no hang tags and the inner tag only has the size and wash instructions so no help there. Luckily the back pocket cardboard tag is still attached but all it says is:

40ed_1.JPG

In the original ebay auction the guy says that they aren't sanforized but nowhere do I see anything about them being no-wash or one-wash. They're stiff as a rail, though, which makes me suspect raw.

My only concern about sizing up is that it seems that these jeans are rare beasts indeed in size 38 and if I buy a size 38 the fit everywhere else (legs, thigh, butt, etc) will be so huge that I'll be swimming in them! As is it's literally just the top 2 inches that are the problem... I'm going to try and get those buttons done up, put some little liquor bottles in all the pockets and sit in a warm tub for an hour and hope that I don't become sterile LOL

I say keep them. Im a 36, and I squeezed into a 34 in SCs. They stretch A LOT.

I got caught in the rain in mine, and they shrank while they were on. But they will definately stretch back out, like mine have.

Dont be scared if you cant button a button or two. After sitting around in them for 30 minutes, youd be able to button them up.

Damn your backpocket stitching.

Normally you should be able to feel the difference between one and no wash...no wash is a bit stiffer and kind of shiny....

Plus - the Jeans running kind of small for the size indicates that they are one wash - true to size...

Sugar Cane does sanforized Jeans ? I doubt that....

I say keep them. Im a 36, and I squeezed into a 34 in SCs. They stretch A LOT.

I got caught in the rain in mine, and they shrank while they were on. But they will definately stretch back out, like mine have.

Dont be scared if you cant button a button or two. After sitting around in them for 30 minutes, youd be able to button them up.

Damn your backpocket stitching.

Are you saying the back pocket stitching is good or bad? It's got the same kind of tears there on both of them...

Anyways I'm still way up in the air on these. I tried every possible position on my hips and the fuckers just will NOT button and I'm not about to wear a pair of jeans around with the top two buttons un-done that's just goofy. Anyways, here's some more pix as requested (click the link to see the flickr set)

309944854_1988f26a2b_b.jpg

http://www.flickr.com/photos/16458870@N00/sets/72157594398354370/

Ben,

I had trouble buttoning my top button when I got mine too but after some struggling I was able to get it. They stretched a little and now fit perfectly.

Huh, the accurate in your first pic looked almost like an upside down christmas tree-sort of shape. My Hawaii's have deliberate gaps in the stitching, too.

The accurate has been discontinued apparently, so they might be considered rare. That's what finally convinced me to buy. I don't like the back pocket design on the "Aloha" Hawaii's. 2000db got me the last pair of these Hanoya had in 38.

About your sizing... I've read accounts on here of people only buttoning the buttons they can manage, and wearing around the house a few days, then slowly buttoning higher and higher. But it sounds like yours a way undersized. I would sell them.

Hmmm. So, what do you want for them? Did you pay US retail, or ship 'em in? They are my size....

awesome pick-up, panda-san.

i wish i could justify another pair of the sc404000n, just to keep raw w/ tags------to have and to hold, and smell... amazing how much they change over time, not just fading, but the handfeel, fit, the cycle of colors, aaaaaaaaaah. i don't know that i will ever like any other pair of jeans as much as those.

Thanks, DDML. I'm not going to wear these right away. I'm working on Oni's right now, and I just ordered a pair of Ande Whalls last night. I didn't soak the Oni's before hemming, so I can't really wash them without turning them into Capris. The AW's don't have to be shrunk, so that's a plus. Really, I don't want to "mess up" such expensive, discontinued jeans.

I'm thinking I'll start on the SC's around summer, when I'll hopefully have more experience with denim, and then take them with me to Japan summer of '08.

Does anyone know where I can get high resolution pictures of the back pocket paper tag on 47, 55, & 66 models. If anyone knows of any websites, stores I could contact, or could do it themselves that would be great.