Sugar Cane Denim

allacedout

Hi,

I was just wondering, are SG denim only made for skinny people ? because I'm quite big and large and my waist size is usually 36. But on thight jeans my upperlegs ares sometimes too big (perhaps I played too much Basketball) and I can't fit in.

I read all the thread and went inquiring on rakuten, I saw some model were size 38 but I'm afraid that I won't fit in as the average users of those denim wear waist size 30.

Do you know if any model is a bit looser or made for big japanese guy ?

Thanks for the help.

google translation:

Quote: As for the latest model in the front body the Ryukyu indigo mixing, depending upon the area of production, Awa Masa indigo in the rear body...

So two kinds of indigo. These are sugar millet, so the denim may be the same front and back, just dyed with different indigo. I don't read Japanese so I can't tell for sure.

ask a cassowary

Yipee, just talked to HIS PRES and the new dry 47s are in and mine are on the way.........FINALLY after a month. Hope they are worth the wait. Anybody that wants 'em she said the got a bunch in and are mailing out a bunch of orders at the end of the week. Get your order in now and you may be breaking them in by next weekend.

Cheers

ok my last post in here till i actually buy them haha

a couple of months ago i bought my levi stf 501 (cheap) in the wrong size (38) cause i'm denim idiot

i thought they would shrink to what i normally wear 36/35. but uh..they didnt. the thighs are too baggy in the levi what size should i go for for the sugarcane 1947 raw.

thanks.

Well, after at least two months of waiting, my one-wash '47 'Canes arrived yesterday. Compared to my '50's Rickson's, the 'Canes are a slimmer fit, almost western-like, in my opinion; that is, the leg has a more tapered fit (very flattering with boots), and they are definitely to be worn at the waist, compared to the higher-waisted Rickson's. They are also more snug in the butt. The length is fine as it is now, but I am concerned that a washing will cause a problem- there is simply no room for further shrinkage; at best, I have but maybe one inch to spare. Further, the care label warns against tumble drying. Oh, well, I guess these bad boyz will never see water. P-yewww! Maybe I'll just hang them out of my eighth floor apartment window for an occasional airing hahaha! The indigo is good and dark, though not as dark as Rickson's. Very nice contrasting yellow stitching. So, a good purchase, and at this point I do believe I've got the indigo raw denim thing covered.

What I would like next is a pair of black denim. I like the Rag & Bone Japanese black denim, 4x washed, I've seen at their website, but I can't find them anywhere in NYC. I called Steven Alan in tribeca and their store on the Upper West Side, and neither spot had them, though I was told to keeping checking back. Famous Friends didn't have them either. "Keep checking back..." I haven't yet gotten uptown to Barney's, or over to Coop. All these places are supposed to be selling the label. Any other suggestions? And they are expensive, $200-$250, but my Rickson's were $250 w/shipping, so what the hell, right? One last splurge and then I can retire hahahaha!!

Well, after at least two months of waiting, my one-wash '47 'Canes arrived yesterday. Compared to my '50's Rickson's, the 'Canes are a slimmer fit, almost western-like, in my opinion; that is, the leg has a more tapered fit (very flattering with boots), and they are definitely to be worn at the waist, compared to the higher-waisted Rickson's. They are also more snug in the butt. The length is fine as it is now, but I am concerned that a washing will cause a problem- there is simply no room for further shrinkage; at best, I have but maybe one inch to spare. Further, the care label warns against tumble drying. Oh, well, I guess these bad boyz will never see water. P-yewww! Maybe I'll just hang them out of my eighth floor apartment window for an occasional airing hahaha! The indigo is good and dark, though not as dark as Rickson's. Very nice contrasting yellow stitching. So, a good purchase, and at this point I do believe I've got the indigo raw denim thing covered.

What I would like next is a pair of black denim. I like the Rag & Bone Japanese black denim, 4x washed, I've seen at their website, but I can't find them anywhere in NYC. I called Steven Alan in tribeca and their store on the Upper West Side, and neither spot had them, though I was told to keeping checking back. Famous Friends didn't have them either. "Keep checking back..." I haven't yet gotten uptown to Barney's, or over to Coop. All these places are supposed to be selling the label. Any other suggestions? And they are expensive, $200-$250, but my Rickson's were $250 w/shipping, so what the hell, right? One last splurge and then I can retire hahahaha!!

Oh, yeah, Rag & Bone doesn't have any goofy cutsey stitching bullshit on the back pockets, do they? I hate that. I can't find a rear-view of their styles anywhere, so I don't know.

Edited by Edge_Of_Denim on Feb 25, 2006 at 11:01 AM

Rag & Bone just have a small rb stitched into the upper right on the rear right pocket. If you cant find them locally, may want to consider ordering them from elsewhere. South Willard in LA carries a lot of R&B, but they didn't have the black ones last time I went in. I've seen them at both Hollywood Trading Company (try messaging glamroots, he works there) and Barney co-op (costa mesa). Not recently though...

Yo Edge Of Denim, I don't think you will have to worry too much about shrinkage. If you bought the one wash then there shouldn't be much more shrinkage left. I think the max it will shrink in the length would be 3/4 of an inch.

Yo folks. BTW here are my 47s. I just washed them about a week ago. They are probably 6 months old and washed about 4 times.

canes6monthsfront5ui.jpg

canes6monthslap8iz.jpg

cane6monthsback5xe.jpg

The honeycombs are finally starting to show. The color looks a little light from the flash, but the contrast is quite higher. In naturally light the darks are much more darker.

These are the 31s. After my first wash in warm water with these they actually fit a lot more snug. My buddy stole my 30s and currently I have a pair of 30s with the tags still on them (he left $180 on my table when he left so I just bought a new pair). I am digging the way these jeans look these days. I just found a new job. I ain't in construction anymore, so my RRDS will be seeing a lot more wear, but the 47s will probably be evening and weekend jeans.