Sugar Cane Denim

allacedout

Guest Guy H

Edge_Of_Denim, you are so right about the leg length. I cant take the risk. I know the one wash wont shrink down much but any shrinkage at all would be too much for me. Juno has offered me the option of raw as they are 90cm but they will shrink right down to maybe a 33inch leg from what I've read.

I spent a lot of of money on booze, birds and

fast cars. The rest I just squandered - George Best

take the unwashed and just wear it w/o washing it more than once to prevent it from shrinking too much. You should get a good amount of wear out of your Sugarcanes like that.

"Meow.....Bitches" icon_smile_cool.gif

Guest Guy H

I want to be able to wash them though plus the raw ones will bleed over everything which a little I can accept but at least if I can wash them I can lessen that.

yeh i hear you, i actually just ordered the hawaiis from judo yesterday and im a 28'' length so that will be interesting. maybe you can rinse/rub the jeans in cold water instead of soaking it to get rid of more indigo...just a suggestion

"Meow.....Bitches" icon_smile_cool.gif

Guest Guy H

I'm not sure to be honest. if they where that bit longer I'd be on them like a shot! at least you can hem them. If they are too short them they will look terrible.

Arggghhh! what to do!

asfberg, go for the 50's Rickson's? Un- or one-wash, either way the leg is long enough. If mine lost an inch or so it wouldn't matter, and you've got 2" on me. Somewhere on that HP website is a pic of William Gibson wearing a pair of Cane/Rickson 1940's vintage, according to the text. Now I know for a fact Gibson is a tall southern boy, gotta be at least 6'4". At least. I've seen him close up. What he's wearing has got to be Rickson's, since we haven't seen any Canes with that generous a leg, right? So go for the Rickson's. Or, Denime, or Samurai. They do 36".

I'm waiting to hear back from djrajio about those Denime I want, if they're un- or one-wash. Not that it matters, really. If thery're un-, I'll get about a 39" inseam out of the box, and I'll soak that bad boy down. If they're one-, should be about 37 1/2", and I'm still stylin'. It's just something I want to know. Once I get the word, they're mine!

Edited by Edge_Of_Denim on Mar 2, 2006 at 08:34 AM

Edited by minya on Mar 2, 2006 at 09:54 AM

thanks, but i have way more than i need already

most denime aren't long enough (the black 66 non-XX seem to be exceptions)

and i have several samurais

45rpm's are long enough as are certain sda's (x03, although these are nearly not long enough. OT but i found one pair and took a chance on the sda xmas 26's and they are long enough).

Quote:

Are the Samurai, model "zero", 5000vx black? Someone out here shot me link yesterday. They look black.

--- Original message by Edge_Of_Denim on Mar 2, 2006 08:45 AM

no, and I didn't find any black ones on their website either, but maybe you could ask whoever you buy through to send an email and ask if you could buy a pair from them.

It also seems like there will be black Iron Hearts available soon, ask [email protected]

I think you can get a pair of 36L's if you ask for them.

dontcaretoomuchforcrap CANT SKATE!!

Edited by horriblyjollyjinx on Mar 2, 2006 at 10:08 AM

I'm looking into getting a pair of sugar canes, right now I'm wearing APC new standards, which sugar cane style is most like the NS? Also I'm a small guy and wear the size 25 in the NS, so what size should I get in sugar cane?

SugarCanes are vintage cuts, mostly based on Levis and Lee repros. They are generally higher rise and have fuller seat and legs than the APC NS. I don't know if any of the cuts fit anything like the NS. I guess your best bets would be either the Levis 66 repro http://saddlemen.net/jeans/sc41966.htm or this Lee repro http://saddlemen.net/jeans/scryukyuai.htm.

You would probably want a 27 in Canes for a comparable fit in the waist.

ask a cassowary

Quick question: A friend of mine is heading to Tokyo in a month, and I'm thinking about asking him to get me a pair of dry 1947's. At the current exchange rate, the jeans on Hinoya's site are $115, so will they cost the same at brick-and-mortar stores? And would $15 be enough to cover shipping to the US?

Thanks

Quote:

I'm looking into getting a pair of sugar canes, right now I'm wearing APC new standards, which sugar cane style is most like the NS? Also I'm a small guy and wear the size 25 in the NS, so what size should I get in sugar cane?

--- Original message by ko on Mar 5, 2006 08:48 PM

like tangerine said, none.

Skull Jeans and Studio D'Artisan has styles that are quite similar to new standards. I have the SD-103 and they are only one or two centimetres wider in the thighs but they are straight from the knee down. You could taper them though.

http://www.fabfour.co.jp/netshop/babe/showcase/BB035.html

Those are maybe slightly tighter than new standards. I don't know what size you want, but the leg opening on a pair of size 27's(measure 28" after wash) is 17 cm and your NS are probably 18-18.5cm.

You can see other tight jeans worn here: http://esearch.rakuten.co.jp/rms/sd/esearch/vc?sv=6&v=3&e=0&s=0&sid=205627&sn=%A5%D9%A5%A2%A1%BC%A5%BA&su=bears&p=0&g=0&sitem=%A5%BF%A5%A4%A5%C8%A5%E2%A5%C7%A5%EB&f=A&nitem=&min=&max=

dontcaretoomuchforcrap CANT SKATE!!

just wondering, to those who've oredered sugrcane 1947s from History Preservation. Do they come in a box? I somehow was under the impression they did, but I just recieved mine and they don't... any clue?

(got my order in just before the price hike so that's pretty lucky...)

Edited by sfiction on Mar 6, 2006 at 10:36 PM

also one last thing.. i ordered a size 31, non-wash. right now, the waist fits just right... it was supposed to be a size 33 but they messed up... since i live in Singapore it'll be too much of a hassle to get them sent back.

My question is, if the waist is just right, would it be too tight once i wash them? I'm not sure abt the shrinkage/stretching of these you see... plus i really like the feel/look of raw denim. So i am prob not gonna wash them anytime soon...

well, speaking from my own personal experience, i ordered the size i normally wear (30) and when my pair arrived, the waist fit me pretty well, though everything else was just gigantic (inseam, ass, etc). i threw them in the wash and they shrunk drastically and the waist stayed just right if not shrank a bit.

not saying you should throw them in the wash or anything, but if you do give it a try, i suppose you can always have the comfort of knowing that waist sizes can stretch... a bit. just know the inseam will shrink a lot.

and if you do wash them, you'll barely notice any colorloss.

so its on you.

inseam shrinkage is pretty ok for me.... cos i ain't that tall...my only concern is that post wash and POST shrinkage and stretching, will the waist be JUST ABOUT the same as fresh out of the box? i hope people get what i mean here. thanks so much for the advice by the way...

Well, again this is only from my personal experience, and if your not comfortable throwing them in the wash because your concerned about size, then don't do it. The jeans are expensive and I'm sure the last thing you want is a pair of jeans that don't fit you properly.

Sorry, my last post was probably a little misleading but when I wore them fresh out of the box, the jeans weren't falling to the ground from being so large in the waist. I ordered a 30 and when I washed them, they shrank to a 30 waist. So no, if you wash them, post shrinkage will not be just about the same as they came fresh out of the box.

You should measure your waist because if you wash your jeans, they will (at least from my experience) shrink to a 31 size.

Yay!

Thanks to Juno at bid-service.jp, my SC41947s have turned up. They are one-wash 34/34s, not a raw denim but blimey they are still stiff.

Been wearing them non-stop for the last 24hours. Breaking them in. I would definitely recommend a bid service of some kind if you're put off by HPs prices.

Edited by punyfig on Mar 9, 2006 at 12:38 PM

Guest Guy H

punyfig,

What is the actual leg length of yours? could you please measure for me?

thanks

Oh and post some pics! :D

Edited by Guy H on Mar 10, 2006 at 03:00 AM

Ok, Out of the wrapper and on first wear the SC47As had an inseam length of about 33 1/2 inches. As I am a shorty with a 28inch leg, I have a nice wide turn up at the moment: sc41947a.jpg

the belt I stole/borrowed off my father years ago (its well worn), and the t-shirt REALLY shouldn't be tucked in, but needs must when posting pics and stuff like that.

Edited by punyfig on Mar 10, 2006 at 04:18 AM

Guest Guy H

they look very nice! That leg is too damn short for me though! damn! going to have to look elsewhere :(