Sugar Cane Denim

allacedout

Ah ha!

That would explain it if that were the case then...lovely...

I was unaware Sugar Cane made girls jeans and would be very surprised if the good people at the History Preservation Society would have made such an egregiuos error in shipping...

it's model SC40321A Bootcut Jeans One Wash...

incidently what makes you think I didn't order those from History Preservation? it's a rather ridiculous thing to say...

I am still a little perplexed at your level of incredulity...

it's actually pretty funny...

they couldn't have POSSIBLY made a mistake?

I can take a pic of the receipt and post it if you'd like...

will give them a ring get to the bottom of this...for the record except for the rise...they fit superbly...

there's another brand called Sugar Cane?

History Preservation has thus far been dedicated to focusing on military items and workwear from the first half of the 20th century, i.e. 1900-1950.

It is definitely a new thing for them if they are now selling low-rise women's fashion jeans.

Not saying it couldn't happen, but it's definitely something new if it is.

ask a cassowary

Edited by tangerine on Feb 8, 2006 at 08:33 PM

haha, yeah, I'd like to see a pic of the receipt and the jeans.

I simply cannot fathom how History Preservation could have 'accidentally' ordered ultra-low-rise womens jeans and substituted them for 11"-rise 1947 501 reproductions.

EDIT: My god. Nevermind. You're right. WTF? Those ARE Japanese Sugarcanes...

http://www.rakuten.co.jp/hinoya/119706/256094/232853/

Actually, I guess those are MENS jeans. Haha.

Why did History Preservation send you those??? Did you order them specifically?

Edited by minya on Feb 8, 2006 at 08:21 PM

Edited by minya on Feb 8, 2006 at 08:22 PM

that is the very question I will ask them tomorrow...there must have been a mixup between what they asked for and what they received from Toyo Enterprise...

They don't have the boot cut on their site that I can recall...I just called and asked for them...

it should all be corrected with minimal acrimony...they're right over the Hudson from Manhattan...

Bobby:

they are not on the site...

since I knew rakuten had a massive selection...

far greater than the 2 styles I think History Preservation features on their site...

went to Rakuten's site...got the serial/model number...called up the Preservation and ordered those...

it was as simple as that...no stress at all...

you can probably get them to order any of the jeans...well maybe not the super distressed ones or the ones with ass printing...

that might offend their sensibilities...

Quote:

Bobby:

far greater than the 2 styles I think History Preservation features on their site...

went to Rakuten's site...got the serial/model number...called up the Preservation and ordered those...

you can probably get them to order any of the jeans...well maybe not the super distressed ones or the ones with ass printing...

--- Original message by continuus on Feb 8, 2006 08:51 PM

wow thats news to me. I never knew they would do that. Do they charge any special fees above the normal shipping? This might save cash in the future by not having to go through bid-service...

Quote:
Quote:

Bobby:

--- Original message by continuus on Feb 8, 2006 08:51 PM

wow thats news to me. I never knew they would do that. Do they charge any special fees above the normal shipping? This might save cash in the future by not having to go through bid-service...

--- Original message by bobby alto on Feb 8, 2006 08:55 PM

depending on the model you are ordering. I ordered SC 1947 one wash through Celga, and they came out $155 + $15 shipped to Hong Kong (all paypal). It would be about 175-180 shipped to the States. The downside is that with the bid-service you can't exchange if the jeans do not fit

Alien vs Predator, Freddie vs Jason, Nudie vs A.P.C.

whiskey, I buy mostly lower-rise jeans actually..own multiple pairs of Levi Skinner, Earnest Sewn and the Red Ear Paul Smith's...and wear them constantly...the Canes bootcut to my considerable surprise have the same exact rise (8" with a slightly over 4" fly) as a pair of Earnest Sewn Hutch I pulled out for comparison...

unless the Preservation tells me the sent me a pair of womens jeans...I'm keep these Canes...the denim and the fit is outstanding...

For those that care, just got the 1947's in today. 32/34 one wash, and the fit is stellar. Tight around the waist, but (per wooster's post) I have every confidence that the waist will stretch out comfortably. Nice fit on the rear, and the length is perfect, too. I'll post some pics later if anyone wants. Thus far, it seems to be money well spent--a much more "classic" fit than the Nudies, which is exactly what I was looking for in my next pair of denims. Many thanks to all again for sharing their knowledge!

Called up the Preservation today...and they confirmed the Rodeo Man Bootcut men's jean is the one I am in possession of...so off I go...will be wearing these every other day for the next 4 months...thanks all indeed for the info...

p.s. I forgot to ask if they have a storefront but I doubt highly they do...and I mean HIGHLY...do they even have a proper address ? all I have for them is a P.O. box...

hey, TB, if you get a chance post the waist measurement of your new one-wash's and how it stretches over time. as far as i know, you're the first person posting who has gotten the one-wash, and one of the few people actively working on a sized-down pair of the '47s. I think others would find the info valuable.

for what it's worth, my true-to-size '47s, which were bought no-wash but have been hardwashed 2x and low-dried once (to get max. shrinkage) have stretched in the waist from 34" to 35" after maybe only 10 or so wears.

Quote:

hey, TB, if you get a chance post the waist measurement of your new one-wash's and how it stretches over time. as far as i know, you're the first person posting who has gotten the one-wash, and one of the few people actively working on a sized-down pair of the '47s. I think others would find the info valuable.

for what it's worth, my true-to-size '47s, which were bought no-wash but have been hardwashed 2x and low-dried once (to get max. shrinkage) have stretched in the waist from 34" to 35" after maybe only 10 or so wears.

--- Original message by wooster on Feb 10, 2006 05:26 AM

thats some stretching! I figure they stretch easier and maybe also more than most other jeans because of the loose weave. Maybe the same goes for the Eternals 811, they have a similar weave.

The SD-103's on the other hand barely stretches at all because the weave is so compact, according to some japanese msgboard. I'll see if it's true when I get my pair.

dontcaretoomuchforcrap CANT SKATE!!

Quote: The SD-103's on the other hand barely stretches at all because the weave is so compact, according to some japanese msgboard. I'll see if it's true when I get my pair.
I'm not sure how true this is. I mean, it might take *longer* to stretch -- but I can't see it not stretching as much as other denim. My Eternals are 14.5oz, quite heavy, and very tightly woven to my eye and although they took quite a while to stretch (they've finally stopped stretching after 6 weeks of wear) they still stretched a lot.

my 103's are in the mail also so I guess I'll find out soon. icon_smile.gif