Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

Guest patchmb
Did the hip flare on those 510s die down after the waist stretched a substantial amount? The hip flare on mine are starting to slowly die down.

Had no problems with hip-flare on those but I have quite full thighs.

I'm thinking of taking my new 0500's in to a tailor and having them taper the leg to a 7.5" hem. They're currently at about 8.25". (fit pics at the top of the previous page)

My reasons are (1) that i'd rather them stack then get them hemmed and they currently fall under my heel, and (2) i'd like to be able to ride my bike without rolling the one leg up. Does anyone want to talk me out of it, or is it an ok idea? (i'd obviously have them steer clear of the selvage)

^i say do it i just got my s5000bk's tapered to my s710 measurements from these guys and they came out amazing, cant even tell they were altered. tapered from the inside seam so selvage isn't touched at all.

hollywood trading company / denim doctors

7383 Beverly Blvd

at Martel Ave

Los Angeles, CA 90036

(323) 964-0080

they do great work, call and ask for Robert and tell him Jason from sufu recommended you !

hey sea:

if youre gonna send it to htc (which I highly recommend), you should also consider telling them to do a crotch re-enforcement as a preemptive measure. seeing how your sammies are as tight as mine and you ride a bike, your crotch is gonna blow. it's a fact of life.

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showpost.php?p=973047&postcount=134

do it.

Will HTC/DD accept mail/phone order repairs?

Also, anyone have the 3100 and/or know how they fit? I'm looking for a loose/relaxed pair.

whats a 3100?????

Guest spazzz
^they also do full taper jobs from the thigh down which is what i had done because i wanted it to look blended from the mid thigh thru to the knee down to the hem. which in turn also eliminates the dreded hip-flare =P

there should not be hip flare on the 5000 if you sized correctly. it's a low rise jean

Hmm, a full leg taper on 5000BK's sounds intersting. It's been in the high 90's lately and even my contest Warehouse and USA model 5000's almost seem too heavy. I wore 19oz. 510's last summer, but I have a hard time imagining going back to that weight any time before November or December, and besides, I like the lower rise on the 5000 cut. It's just the baggy leg (on a size 38) that I don't like.

Damn, I usually don't have problems with hip flares but it's a little extreme on these...:(
Did the hip flare on those 510s die down after the waist stretched a substantial amount? The hip flare on mine are starting to slowly die down.

The 510 have one of the biggest hipflares i've seen on any jeans, it also seems to vary with which 510 because on my AI-N it seems to be even more pronounced than on other 510s.

I've also noticed it from other fit pics of AI-N's.

I'm considering getting the hip area altered, but unfortunately where i live there is no tailor whom i can trust to do the job.