Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

why are some jeans harder to stretch than others?

I start wearing new jeans at 29".  They stretch an inch to 30".

My Momotaro's gave me the traditional size down 1 painful stretch experience that we all love.

My Samurai's also started at 29" but have been a painless stretch.

14 hours ago, Lalafufu said:

how to tell if the jeans have a tight or loose weave?

I’m not an expert on denim construction.  I base my opinion from  latent knowledge picked up from years of reading & learning from denim heads in forums like SuFu.

From personal experience,  it’s how a denim behaves after a soak/wash.  The feel of density to the touch.  Visually, u can see the diagonal parallel ridges weaved tighter,  packed closer together (warp & even weft side) … the furrows are shallower compared to a looser weave, of same denim weight … e.g., SDA 10X 15oz production models)

• 1 month later...

So about Samurai 710 fit

is it supposed to give the appearance of a bubble butt no homo with the roomy top block and pocket shape

or do I need to size down more

I’m a lean 135 pounds 5 ft 8 man and run couple miles daily.  Not used to the backside fullness these jeans give

jeans started off at 29 inches and stretched

out to 30 which is how I usually size my jeans.  But these have ample room in the back

Edited by Lalafufu

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

this old blue x samurai collab looks interesting. coin pocket a bit much and probably prevents coin pocket roping, but 710 cut, 21 oz sam denim, yamato-esque arcs, old blue "beast" denim back pockets, hmmm

https://oldblueco.net/dry-goods/collaborations/dungarees-collaborations/oldblue-x-samurai-21-oz-kisouma-selvedge-split/

@oomslokop yeah, saw those on the 'net somewhere. I still love Samurai, although some of their collabs don't do it for me, too much going on. These seem really cool. Strongly considering, and have wanted a pair of 710's for a long time. I really dig them, but I've had a very expensive year, and a long need/want list... 

On 9/25/2021 at 10:02 PM, spidereye said:

Must have jeans colabs for you omslokop your local pride brand with Sammy

this does get rid of one of my least fave quirks of ob jeans: the nearly nonexistent space between the stitching on the backpockets (no crinkle/roping!). the purple (indigo?) prose in the copywriting remains (always cringe, "alliance" with our former colonizer? lolwhut). that's not gonna be on the jawnz obv, but sullies its image in my mind :D

On 9/26/2021 at 10:05 PM, mpukas said:

@oomslokop yeah, saw those on the 'net somewhere. I still love Samurai, although some of their collabs don't do it for me, too much going on. These seem really cool. Strongly considering, and have wanted a pair of 710's for a long time. I really dig them, but I've had a very expensive year, and a long need/want list... 

I'm waiting for Sammy bootcut jeans prefer high rise ... eyeing IH the boss cut 20oz really cool to rock with boots and classic sneakers on bike.

0503hb_01pl+Zero_Engineering_Custom+Full_Right_Side_Driver_View.jpg

Edited by spidereye
Typo

• 3 months later...

Does anyone here have a S520XX 21oz ?

I just bought one on https://redcastheritage.com/products/samurai-jeans-s520xx21oz-cho-kiwami-21oz-relaxed-tapered-jeans?variant=40770836168902

They said no expecting shrinkage but i'm curious if someone have a pair, after many washes, what can you expect in terms of measurments ?

Yep, 2ND still has most of the old Samurai models in stock. Which is good because I'm not crazy about Samurai's recent brand refresh.

I actually ordered a pair of S0510xx from Denimio the other day. Not sure when I'll actually get around to wearing these but I love the 15 oz. Otokogi denim and wanted to get a pair with the classic arcs/tab while I still could. I think the fit will work a bit better for me than the S0500xx I had in the past, which were a little low rise for my tastes nowadays. The S3000vx is another pair I'd kind of like to stash in the closet, I love the big, silly painted arcs and actually like how the 17 oz Zero denim fades despite generally preferring denim in the 13-15 oz range.

Edited by Cold Summer

• 2 weeks later...