gimmegimme

Samurai Jeans

@beautiful_FrEaK !!!! Wow It’s been so long, I forgot about your fit guide. Thanks for the reminder. 

why are some jeans harder to stretch than others?

I start wearing new jeans at 29".  They stretch an inch to 30".

My Momotaro's gave me the traditional size down 1 painful stretch experience that we all love.

My Samurai's also started at 29" but have been a painless stretch.

@Lalafufu Usually, it’s the shrink factor, construction  & how tight the denim weave is … also, the bigger sizes stretches more cuz there’s more material to stretch.

1 hour ago, BrownMetallic said:

@Lalafufu Usually, it’s the shrink factor, construction  & how tight the denim weave is … also, the bigger sizes stretches more cuz there’s more material to stretch.

how to tell if the jeans have a tight or loose weave?

14 hours ago, Lalafufu said:

how to tell if the jeans have a tight or loose weave?

I’m not an expert on denim construction.  I base my opinion from  latent knowledge picked up from years of reading & learning from denim heads in forums like SuFu.

From personal experience,  it’s how a denim behaves after a soak/wash.  The feel of density to the touch.  Visually, u can see the diagonal parallel ridges weaved tighter,  packed closer together (warp & even weft side) … the furrows are shallower compared to a looser weave, of same denim weight … e.g., SDA 10X 15oz production models)