Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

Well, you got (here) è—染゠and å¤©ç„¶è— (20 repetitions process).

You don't find those terms in the pages of the four other OGs. (s710OG s500OG s5000OG s3000OG)

But you'll find them here on other natural indigo models: http://www.samurai-j.com/lineup/jeans/s510ai-ogsp/ http://www.samurai-j.com/lineup/jeans/s5000ai24oz/ http://www.samurai-j.com/lineup/jeans/s5000ai_ogsp/

Also BiG say the same (they got a page since last week).

"Aizome" seem to be used only for the natural indigo process (at least on Samurai's site).

I can be wrong however, I always wondered if there was a catch with this model since it does not seem to sell very well :P.

Edited by Susumu

You are right, it says natural indigo. I must have missed that the last time I read it :D

Well, I dunno if it sells bad but around here you won't find many guys wearing the 510 cut and as you know, it is a qute expensive models. There also aren't many other Samurai AI models around superfuture. :)

Wonderful Pictures, Susumu!

I had to wash my 500 OG after three weeks rather hard wear with lots of snow and bad weather and it brought out some nice fades. The electric blue seems to make way for a greyish hue, not too far from Eternal denim in Terms of colour and vertical falling. I am getting a new cam soon, will post an update then.

BTW, the 710 BKB will not be released before may according to Yuichi, I just preordered them in advance.

Is there a way to tell if a pair of Samurais (or any jeans) have been tapered?

I just picked up a pair of the S510XX24oz. on eBay in basically brand new condition, and they fit really well, but the leg is tapered a bit more than I expected them to be, as I thought they were a classic straight leg. I'm pretty sure I like them better how they are now, but I was just curious. I'll post some fit pics later. These things are very baller, and actually much softer than I expected.

Just cold soaked them last night. I'll take some pictures of the inseam when they're dry. I looked really closely though, and if they were tapered, it was done perfectly. Same exact stitching style and color as is used everywhere else on the jeans. There's no chance these are fake, is there? Or some non-production run?

so my wife says my s5000gx-k look like "fake" jeans because they're too faded and there's no way they could have naturally faded the way they have and taken on the blue and white colors on their own

she was totally insulting them. naturally I was kind of proud

Edited by skootb

Just confirmed with the seller that they are from Blue in Green. He's "pretty sure" there were no alterations of any kind on them, but he said he literally went out one day and bought 15 pairs of jeans from BiG and Self Edge in NY, so he doesn't remember... First world problems.

There is always variation between the lots and within the lots + these are 25oz denim which is thicker and might shrink/stretch differently...

@ Mr. West can you post a picture of the pacth, rivets, selvage and pocket bags please? Should help identifying them.

Here's a link to the Lot 12 24 oz RHT model. http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/d-stock/item/sj-s510xx24oz/

The LHT had blue sevage, was Lot 13 so had black arcs too, but has a  "L" on the inner tag (which yours don't). Still I think they must have been tapered, they look slimmer than 710s in that size.

Edited by Max Power

Thanks guys! Still figuring out the new cam, though. With this denim, I think washing helps to bring out the structure. I wore them hard the last three weeks and did a 50°C wash afterwards and they looked much better than a month ago. Bobsleighriding and snow in general is a good way to fade your jeans ;-)

Ok, here's some detail shots of the S510XX24oz. 

It's not out of the ordinary for basically all jeans to look kind of slim on me (including straighter cuts). I have pretty big legs in proportion to my waist, and I'm tall. I put up a fit photo of my FH 3009s for reference, which are a straight cut with a very small taper (size 34, with a true 32.5" waist).

Lyll7LT.jpg

yYdEt6a.jpg

GQvIxQP.jpg

idNfPxD.jpg

vNxNvcB.jpg

D1RDKHB.jpg

And 3009 fit photo:

xnIwBRo.jpg

Agreed, it's the only thing that makes sense. I tried calling Blue in Green to see if it rung a bell with them at all and they had no idea what I was talking about, but I'm not sure the guy on the phone really understood what I was saying. 

In the end, it's all good because I think once broken in, the fit will be really nice. The top block on these fit great right now, although a little tight after the second soak, but it sounds like they'll stretch out a decent amount. First pair of Samurais!