Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

These S710s are killing me.

I'll have a pair of S710BKs up in the supermarket within the next few days..

Along with a pair of S5000BKs..

I can't find a 32 in these 710s anywhere and I want them sooo bad. Guess I waited too long.

they're beautiful, but I can't get over how weird the 19oz is in the hem. it kind of just plops down. Maybe need to hem or taper...I wore my s5000bk's last night after a fresh wash and remembered how much i loved them

Damnit, might have slipped up on my sizing... I got a size 30 in some S710BKs and I usually wear a 31 (Skulls & Samurais, I have both in a 31 and they fit), and after a soak these are NOT fitting me.

I got the first two buttons up ez. It took me awhile to get the 3rd button but I can't get 4 & 5. After wearing them for awhile, 3 was easier to get on but I don't know if these jeans are gonna give enough for me to get to the top.

Anybody have any input? Should these get on the supermarket? I love them soo much though :( the leg fit is nice and though right now it's a little tight in the crotch, my thighs are okay and everything else is on point. Just my waist!!!

If it's really just the waist that's uncomfortably tight, then stick with them. The waist will stretch plenty. The rest, not so much. Keep in mind that they will fit very similarly "in the end" as to how they fit on day one right after the hot soak/wash. So, if you can cope with everything but the waist, you're good.

However I remember you're a SJC buddy... you had a pretty slim fit, right? We all did? If your 31 Skulls are on the tight side, you should definitely go for a 31 710xx for a similar, but slightly-more-roomy fit.

they're beautiful, but I can't get over how weird the 19oz is in the hem. it kind of just plops down. Maybe need to hem or taper...I wore my s5000bk's last night after a fresh wash and remembered how much i loved them

Yeah, I'm way over it too. When I bought my 710s I was still into stacking (and I'm still gay for stacking to be honest,) but I simply can't wear these anymore until I get them hemmed and tapered... which may be never... where can I send these shits to get tapered via inseam instead of outseam? All local places don't know what selvage is and (reasonably) refuse to do an inseam taper.

Call me old fashioned.... cuff them shits.

I was cuffing mine for a long time, but I'm picky/peculiar. To me, more than one cuff looks silly in slim 19oz. denim. So, I settled for one massive bigass cuff, which also looks rather silly. They're just too long to be manageable, so I gotta get a trim.

If it's really just the waist that's uncomfortably tight, then stick with them. The waist will stretch plenty. The rest, not so much. Keep in mind that they will fit very similarly "in the end" as to how they fit on day one right after the hot soak/wash. So, if you can cope with everything but the waist, you're good.

However I remember you're a SJC buddy... you had a pretty slim fit, right? We all did? If your 31 Skulls are on the tight side, you should definitely go for a 31 710xx for a similar, but slightly-more-roomy fit.

You think so? I can get three buttons but that's about it. If it is plausible for me to get to the top then I will definitely stick with them because I love how everything else fits, it's just the waist needs to give maybe half an inch to three quarters for me to fit.

I had a pretty slim fit compared to most people's standards, I assume.. but my 31 skulls were just on the snug side. I can slide into them no problem, eat as much food as i want and still be comfy.

If there's hope for these 710s then I am going to keep giving them a try because I love them.

where can I send these shits to get tapered via inseam instead of outseam? All local places don't know what selvage is and (reasonably) refuse to do an inseam taper.

funny you say that, because i went to my local tailor and i told him don't touch the selvage and he said "don't worry i allways do from the inside otherwise it will look funny" i get them back tomorrow will have cost me 15 pounds, but yeah im in uk so....

Hello all. Thought I'd throw up some pics of my S5000vx 21oz and my S0610LX. I have been wearing the 5000's for about 7 months now on and off. I don't have a job where I can wear sick jeans anymore so it's pretty much just after work and on weekends. They have had one hot hot hot soak and haven't been washed yet. The various wallet marks are from my Studio D'Artisan short. They are tagged a 35, but the waist measures 33.

Picture3-1.png

Picture4.png

Picture5.png

Picture6.png

Picture7.png

Here are the 610's. I have had them for probably two years now. I wore them a bunch at first, but found that they were a bit too slim of a fit for me. (It also doesn't help that my fat ass put on ten pounds! Ha.) They are tagged a 32 and measure 32. They were hot soaked once and washed once. Again, the wallet mark is from the same.

Picture3-2.png

Picture4-1.png

Picture5-1.png

Picture6-1.png

Picture7-1.png

You think so? I can get three buttons but that's about it. If it is plausible for me to get to the top then I will definitely stick with them because I love how everything else fits, it's just the waist needs to give maybe half an inch to three quarters for me to fit.

I had a pretty slim fit compared to most people's standards, I assume.. but my 31 skulls were just on the snug side. I can slide into them no problem, eat as much food as i want and still be comfy.

If there's hope for these 710s then I am going to keep giving them a try because I love them.

I can't be sure man. If you want my opinion, I'd say size up. I've tried a grip of different Samurai denim and all but one definitely weren't the "stretch 'em out" type. This 19oz denim just keeps shrinking -- you STF 'em, wash em a few months later, they shrink a bit more than at first. Next wash, same stuff; shrinking down a bit tighter than the last wash.

So! If you literally can't get any further than three buttons no matter how hard you try, that's too small a size.

Shaeffers Garment Hotel in LA will taper properly and retain the selvedge. Great new shop....

http://www.schaeffersgarmenthotel.com/

thanks for link!

And.. it arrived.

DSCF0419.jpg

Fabric is a beast.... yes the tone of the fabric is pretty similar to PBJ XX-010 except that it is more of a reddish brown tone underneath the blue indigo. Expect some very interesting layers of tone and hue over time.

Denim still dark from the soak... The hardware is insane!!

DSCF0421.jpg

@vanquish gold

Please post measurements too, i am keen to buy one but not so sure about the sizing

I'm seconding this comment. The measurements, especially after a good wash, are on a need to know basis for me. Damn beautiful! Thank you for sharing. I want a library of those Elemental books.