Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

thanks Panda!

If the Red Tab + black arcs are your thing then I would definitely get some Lot 12s before they are gone. Due to the Levi's lawsuit, we probably will not see the old red tab + arcs again. You can email Hide-San at [email protected] to see if they still have anything in your size in stock. He can speak English pretty well. :D

^ i like the fit and super like the gray desert boots.

so the 710xx of 2010 are white tab and arcless right?

are the 710's ever gonna get black arcs back?

what i am really asking is should i buy some red tab black arcs while i can before they never happen again.

didnt they change the arcs a lil bit though? maybe on the 2011 710s? do you think they might have a white tab black arc?

i wouldnt hold out for it. if you can get some red tabs do it now if you are that concerned with getting arcs at all

Just got my GX-Ts in today, and as I speculated earlier, the denim is a little bit different from the AI-10SPs. The weft yarns on the AI-10SPs are dyed with bamboo ink, which gives them kind of a grayish brown color. The GX-T weft yarns are dyed with persimmon juice and mud, and they have a reddish brown color. As a result, the GX-Ts are darker in color and have a more purplish hue than the AI-10SPs. In the pic below, the AI-10SP is on the left, and the GX-T is on the right.

attachment.php?attachmentid=43807&d=1272923753

Both jeans have 17 oz. denim, and they both feel equally thick pre-soak, but the AI-10SP denim is definitely slubbier than the GX-T denim. I will say, though, that the GX-T denim is a little bit slubbier than I was expecting.

Here is a close-up of the AI-10SP denim:

attachment.php?attachmentid=43808&d=1272923753

And here is a close-up of the GX-T denim:

attachment.php?attachmentid=43809&d=1272923753

so when you wash your sams as a cleaning thing (not as an initial shrinking thing), is spin cycle ok? or do i still have to remove the jeans before it

I let them spin on the initial shrink, but I've been told that you lose your honeycombs if the jeans go into the spin cycle on subsequent washes, so I take them out before then.

you might just get strange streaks in your denim if you leave them in there, at least thats whats been said to happen in the past if left in the spin cycle, but then others will wash their jeans just like any other article of clothing and they turn out ok, so take it for what its worth

I've gotten the streaking from the spin cycle on some of my faster faders like my Flat Heads and Skulls. No doubt going with a gentler cycle (like 'woolens') has worked well for me

I'm also speculatin' that the spin cycle can also spin some of the freed indigo into the weft fibers, making the inside of the jeans more blue. Seems like it to me. If that does happen, I wonder how those dyed weft fibers will look.

Also curious if the weft on those will fade quickly...

I have large thighs and tried to size down 1 from my 710 size to the 0500s and they were too small. If you got normal sized legs then size 1 down is my humble opinion.

thanks for the wash info guys. also, is there anywhere around to get a sz 31 710 with arcs/tabs? and i'm also wondering if sizing down 2 on a 500 is safe, or just overkill. thanks in advance

you might just get strange streaks in your denim if you leave them in there, at least thats whats been said to happen in the past if left in the spin cycle, but then others will wash their jeans just like any other article of clothing and they turn out ok, so take it for what its worth

I find that doing either a fast wash cycle or a fast spin cycle will leave streaks in the denim, but nowadays I use the "Handwash/Casual" setting on my washing machine with my jeans. That setting gives an extra slow wash cycle and a slow spin cycle, and I haven't gotten any streaks in my denim at all from it.

quick question.

5000vx denim does it continue to shrink with each wash like texas denim? concerned about inseam length as i know that vx denim stretches a lot (cant really stretch out inseam length with wear

quick question.

5000vx denim does it continue to shrink with each wash like texas denim? concerned about inseam length as i know that vx denim stretches a lot (cant really stretch out inseam length with wear

yes it does, no massive shrinkage though.

lookin forward to my first pair of Samurais. Just not too sure about what fit to go with. I'm a size 32/33. Lookin for a slim fit in INDIGO. Not skinny but not wide either. Straight Leg. Probably pretty similar to a Levis 501 AFTER a hot soak. What should i do with the waist? How much is it gonna stretch out on me? Any body able to help me out?

Just wait for the new lot or for Samurai to release the new arc which looks very much like the old one. Plus it looks like they keeping the red tab.

yeah this is the truth. i am in japan this week and i saw the new arcs, and they have a red tab, when i was at americaya in ueno, tokyo.

you just have to wait a couple of months for the next lot to ship out to the stores. be patient and you will get arcs and tabs.

timing sucked for me, though, as they only had the 710s without arcs and with a white tab right now, and i ain't about paying those proxy & shipping fees.

lookin forward to my first pair of Samurais. Just not too sure about what fit to go with. I'm a size 32/33. Lookin for a slim fit in INDIGO. Not skinny but not wide either. Straight Leg. Probably pretty similar to a Levis 501 AFTER a hot soak. What should i do with the waist? How much is it gonna stretch out on me? Any body able to help me out?

I think the 510RR 66 doesn't get much play here, but I'll say its pretty close to a 501 1966 fit. 710 might be too slim for you. You should size true to size.

yeah this is the truth. i am in japan this week and i saw the new arcs, and they have a red tab, when i was at americaya in ueno, tokyo.

you just have to wait a couple of months for the next lot to ship out to the stores. be patient and you will get arcs and tabs.

timing sucked for me, though, as they only had the 710s without arcs and with a white tab right now, and i ain't about paying those proxy & shipping fees.

That's why im putting it off. I'd totally prefer the arcs.