Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

I want a pair of s0520XXs. The nice thing about those is I can get a smaller waist, 36, and the thighs say 14.25 inches. So Im going down 2 sizes in the waist but gaining and inch and a quarter in the thighs. Which is what I need.

are you talking about the s0510xx? thats what I'd recommend, it should be perfect for you, and its a great classic fit. it should look way better than wearing a 38W 710 on a 34W

http://blueingreensoho.com/site/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=2688&category_id=&manufacturer_id=10&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=28

Fit Pics of S5000GX-T Size 30 on True Waist 32.

DSCF0467.jpg

DSCF0471.jpg

Vanquish, is this denim soft like the standard 17oz Zero denim or the s510AI-N's? What could you compare it too?

I wonder if all these element models will have the same construction issues as their other special edition models have had. $385 is a lot of cash to find out. Might have to wait and see how other members pairs are holding up before I pull da trigga.

The real question, that you should be asking, is how stiff this Elemental denim is. The s5000AI-10SP's had this unending crunchiness and stiffness. It was a strange uneven denim. I don't believe the AI-10SP's had construction issues so much as the denims characteristics made it munch through any thread that was sewn through it. They are a very difficult pair to stretch or wear anything but loose.

The real question, that you should be asking, is how stiff this Elemental denim is. The s5000AI-10SP's had this unending crunchiness and stiffness. It was a strange uneven denim. I don't believe the AI-10SP's had construction issues so much as the denims characteristics made it munch through any thread that was sewn through it. They are a very difficult pair to stretch or wear anything but loose.

Judging from the close up picture of the weft it looks like almost the same as the AI-10sp denim, just weft dyed persimmon instead of bamboo ink... but the wet pics make it look a little less crunchy...

watch out.

does anyone have fit pics of s0500xx true to size?

its hard to look through a thread with 900+ pages and search engine doesn't give me too much to look through

size 30 lot 10 TTS and hemmed

13468987.jpg

Vanquish, is this denim soft like the standard 17oz Zero denim or the s510AI-N's? What could you compare it too?

Well I don't own regular zero denim but they are pretty stiff now. And when I worn this out yesterday, I noticed quite a number of people checking them out... maybe its because of the unique purplish midnight blue color.

Judging from the close up picture of the weft it looks like almost the same as the AI-10sp denim, just weft dyed persimmon instead of bamboo ink... but the wet pics make it look a little less crunchy...

watch out.

You are definitely right about the weft yarns, but I own a pair of the AI-10SPs, and looking at the close-up pics, I don't think the GX-T denim is anywhere near as slubby as the AI-10SP denim. Also, I'm pretty sure that the GX-Ts are not natural indigo like the AI-10SPs were.

I'll do a side-by-side comparison when I get mine in and let you guys know for sure.

You are definitely right about the weft yarns, but I own a pair of the AI-10SPs, and looking at the close-up pics, I don't think the GX-T denim is anywhere near as slubby as the AI-10SP denim. Also, I'm pretty sure that the GX-Ts are not natural indigo like the AI-10SPs were.

I'll do a side-by-side comparison when I get mine in and let you guys know for sure.

I agree with this comment completely. Although I do think the denim looks very similiar to the AI-10SP denim in color it doesn't look anywhere near as rough/course. In fact it looks very similiar to your everyday 17oz Zero denim. It doesn't look as smooth and soft as my s510AI-N's nor as slubby as my two s5000AI-10SP's. It looks just a hair or two slubbier or uneven in texture as my s5000VX's and BK's. Now I haven't heard much I'm the way of whether it's using organic or synthetic indigo but the persimmon dye of the weft could be considered organic in that it comes straight from the fruit (whether or not it's certified organic or harvested and processed with organic processes is another matter). Funny that my current beater/work Jean are the Persimmon dyed Okinawa's.

What I really want to know is if they were hank dyed (doubtful at this price but I am hopeful!) or even just dipped more than usual. Are these dyed to the core? Nothing sexier than denim that holds it's indigo to the very end!

i soaked my s710s for the second time since the initial soak, and they seem VERY soft now -- doesn't seem like the 19 oz cardboard i started off with

makes me kind of sad, is this normal for samurais? =[

edit: 5 months wear if anyone was curious