Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

Measurements are right here. It doesn't help us to know what size you wear in other pants because of vanity sizing. You need to take a tape measure to the best fitting pants you got now and compare against the numbers below.

http://blueingreensoho.com/site/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=2088&category_id=&manufacturer_id=10&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=28

I know and did that about 5 times. However according to some PRPS I have the 1 should be fine but I hate returning stuff, so I guess my question would be I'd I'd get a size 3 and they are to big, can I wash them out and they will shrink somewhat even though they are pre washed?

I know and did that about 5 times. However according to some PRPS I have the 1 should be fine but I hate returning stuff, so I guess my question would be I'd I'd get a size 3 and they are to big, can I wash them out and they will shrink somewhat even though they are pre washed?

id get the 1. samurai denim stretches a good amount. i know nothing about geisha denim but samurai in general. sounds like a 3 is going to be too big. you could also look at some japanese sites for a 2 since that seems like your best size

id get the 1. samurai denim stretches a good amount. i know nothing about geisha denim but samurai in general. sounds like a 3 is going to be too big. you could also look at some japanese sites for a 2 since that seems like your best size

Thanks for the info, just gave BIG my measurments and have Gordon figure it out since my "real waist" is 26 and 2 inches below is 31. Hipp bones are 34. That might me a little bit of too much information but maybe somebody here has a similar body and knows the chicks sizing. But if they stretch out I will be going with a 1. Thanks again.

Thanks for the info, just gave BIG my measurments and have Gordon figure it out since my "real waist" is 26 and 2 inches below is 31. Hipp bones are 34. That might me a little bit of too much information but maybe somebody here has a similar body and knows the chicks sizing. But if they stretch out I will be going with a 1. Thanks again.

You're probably going to be a size 2 in the Geishas. My wife is a size 27 for most American brand jeans, and the size 2 Geishas fit her a little more snug than the size 27 American brand jeans do. Hers haven't stretched out that much either, though she's only worn them like 5 times so far.

I doubt that the Geishas will shrink any more if they are one-washed. The wash is done in an industrial washing machine, and then the jeans are dried in an industrial dryer afterwards. So to me, further shrinkage seems really unlikely.

You're probably going to be a size 2 in the Geishas. My wife is a size 27 for most American brand jeans, and the size 2 Geishas fit her a little more snug than the size 27 American brand jeans do. Hers haven't stretched out that much either, though she's only worn them like 5 times so far.

I doubt that the Geishas will shrink any more if they are one-washed. The wash is done in an industrial washing machine, and then the jeans are dried in an industrial dryer afterwards. So to me, further shrinkage seems really unlikely.

Now I'm completely confused. BIG told me to get the 1 but now I might just get the 3. Just didn't want them baggy. How is the rise on your wifes Geishas, I thought they were on the rather low side (can't stand medium) but June said they are medium to low. I usualy wear 7 inch rises and can deal with a 8 but nothing higher than that.

Now I'm completely confused. BIG told me to get the 1 but now I might just get the 3. Just didn't want them baggy. How is the rise on your wifes Geishas, I thought they were on the rather low side (can't stand medium) but June said they are medium to low. I usualy wear 7 inch rises and can deal with a 8 but nothing higher than that.

I agree with Commodore's description of the one wash process and further shrinking, but I don't think you should rely on the description of his wife as the measuring stick for which size Geisha's you should buy.

Re-check the specific size measurements at BiG. Take a look at their measuring guide and confirm you took your measurements in the same manner. If the measurements you took match up with a size 1 and BiG recommended a size 1, I would be inclined to trust their knowledge. Good luck.

I agree with Commodore's description of the one wash process and further shrinking, but I don't think you should rely on the description of his wife as the measuring stick for which size Geisha's you should buy.

Re-check the specific size measurements at BiG. Take a look at their measuring guide and confirm you took your measurements in the same manner. If the measurements you took match up with a size 1 and BiG recommended a size 1, I would be inclined to trust their knowledge. Good luck.

Thank you. I'm still unsure, however you are probably right. I wish there were more pictures of girls with geishas on here so I'd have somewhat of a comparisson.

The rise is a little bit higher on her Geishas than on her American brand jeans.

The one thing that the BiG measurements don't really account for (Gordon even admitted this to me when I exchanged my wife's first pair of Geishas) is how the jeans will fit your hips. So if you're going to buy jeans through mail order, you're probably going to have to be OK with the possibility of exchanging them. Do *not* get them hemmed before trying them on, I can tell you from experience that it will save you a lot of trouble later on.

Does anyone have any information on the Elemental models? I know that the earth model and the water model have been released already, will the Fire and Air models be released later this year?

The S5000GX-T, which is the earth model, is available in Japan, but the S5000GX-M, which is the water model, is only available for preorder at this point in time. There are 3 others (Fire, Wind, and Void), which will all be released this year.

I know that BiG will be getting all 5 of them.

Anything else you want to know about them?

Dude, i dont think "void" is an accurate translation of last element.... i think it means "sky"...

The S5000GX-T, which is the earth model, is available in Japan, but the S5000GX-M, which is the water model, is only available for preorder at this point in time. There are 3 others (Fire, Wind, and Void), which will all be released this year.

I know that BiG will be getting all 5 of them.

Anything else you want to know about them?

Where to find info on the differences between the fire, water, earth and air models? Do they differ in denim?

From what I know, all of them are in the S5000VX cut, and all have 17 oz. denim. The difference between them lies in the treatment of the weft yarns in the denim. For example, the earth model has weft yarns treated with persimmon juice, among other things, and the weft yarns are reddish brown in that one. The water model has light blue weft yarns. I don't know anything about the other 3 models yet, I haven't been able to find any real info on those yet.

i think the stacks look fine, but it depends on what you are going for. that you have asked for advice makes me think you are not confident with the stacks, and so a hem may be advisable. I think you are fine either way.

i'm not saying i like or dislike them, but your shoes look like bowling shoes.

From what I know, all of them are in the S5000VX cut, and all have 17 oz. denim. The difference between them lies in the treatment of the weft yarns in the denim. For example, the earth model has weft yarns treated with persimmon juice, among other things, and the weft yarns are reddish brown in that one. The water model has light blue weft yarns. I don't know anything about the other 3 models yet, I haven't been able to find any real info on those yet.

+rep

Jesus, just when I thought I was reaching a point of denim contentment....

Those sound sexy for all the right reasons. Do know that Gordon said he's expecting the 'water' variant next month, as well as re-stock on other models. Which means my landlord should be happy that he's not getting rent in May, right?

Got drunk on Friday and ordered S710xx Sz 34 from BiG when I got home. They came today (60h shipping, $9).

Presoak Measurements:

Waist: 35

Thigh: 12.75

Knee: 9.5

Hem: 8.25

Inseam: 39.75

tagz.jpg

inseam.jpg

frontwp.jpg

sidesj.jpg

soak.jpg

My waist is a natural 34, sized up one because my thighs are big. Starting off with a 3 hour cold soak. Will update tomorrow after they dry

I read somewhere that Samurai was also releasing a "Musashi" model, and I was hoping someone would have more information on that....

"Posted/discussed a bit earlier in a video showcasing Samurai...its the "earth" element model, part of the "Go Rin no Shou" series that Samurai will do throughout the year, each having different weft dyes per element (ie: red for fire, blue for water, etc.), with this earth model being persimmon dyed. At the end of 2010 they will release the "Musashi" model (forgot what will be special about it though), Musashi being the author of the Book of Five Rings (Gorin no shou) and the guy on all your Samurai patches ;)"

My mac is acting up and not working, but this information should be in quotes and attributed to aho

I picked up some 710's today. Size 29, they fit me perfectly right now presoak. I got all the buttoms up and the top button is actually just a tad bit tight. Is this alright? These bad boys will need a hemming too, where should i get them hemmed at? Send it to self edge / big?