Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

I read somewhere that Samurai was also releasing a "Musashi" model, and I was hoping someone would have more information on that....

"Posted/discussed a bit earlier in a video showcasing Samurai...its the "earth" element model, part of the "Go Rin no Shou" series that Samurai will do throughout the year, each having different weft dyes per element (ie: red for fire, blue for water, etc.), with this earth model being persimmon dyed. At the end of 2010 they will release the "Musashi" model (forgot what will be special about it though), Musashi being the author of the Book of Five Rings (Gorin no shou) and the guy on all your Samurai patches ;)"

My mac is acting up and not working, but this information should be in quotes and attributed to aho

Nice. I'm loving that concept the more I hear about it. Talk about the perfect storm of developing demand. We'll all be shaky junkies in withdraw by the end of this year.

We need to take up a collection here for Aho. Aho knows his shit every time and for some reason gives it away for free.

Got drunk on Friday and ordered S710xx Sz 34 from BiG when I got home. They came today

That's the way to do it!

We need to take up a collection here for Aho. Aho knows his shit every time and for some reason gives it away for free.

lol I actually know very little...Just translating things from Japanese as I often browse all the company blogs, denimba, etc. :o

Does anyone have any information on the Elemental models? I know that the earth model and the water model have been released already, will the Fire and Air models be released later this year?
The S5000GX-T, which is the earth model, is available in Japan, but the S5000GX-M, which is the water model, is only available for preorder at this point in time. There are 3 others (Fire, Wind, and Void), which will all be released this year.

I know that BiG will be getting all 5 of them.

Anything else you want to know about them?

Dude, i dont think "void" is an accurate translation of last element.... i think it means "sky"...

No the translation is correct. It is Void, and not Sky. Sky would have already been represented in the Wind element. Just look through the original book and you'll know.

Where to find info on the differences between the fire, water, earth and air models? Do they differ in denim?

I'm almost positive the first four elements will use the standard 17oz Samurai Zero denim with differing dyes to the weft and/or warp and different rear patches. The fifth or sixth model "Void" and/or "Musashi" is something I have a feeling they will do something different on. What I am not sure of is if they are doing five jeans for all five elements and then a final sixth model combining all the elements or if the fifth Void model is the final model.

I'm no expert in the Japanese language, but most accounts I've seen have translated the last element as "void" or "emptiness". Either way, I'm especially interested in seeing how that one turns out.
From what I know, all of them are in the S5000VX cut, and all have 17 oz. denim. The difference between them lies in the treatment of the weft yarns in the denim. For example, the earth model has weft yarns treated with persimmon juice, among other things, and the weft yarns are reddish brown in that one. The water model has light blue weft yarns. I don't know anything about the other 3 models yet, I haven't been able to find any real info on those yet.

I think it is easily assumed that the Ground, Water, and Fire models would use a brown, blue, and red warp respectively (although what natural dye they would use for red is something I can't come up with [Cherry dye or a red tea maybe?]) but the two hardest ones to figure out are the Wind and Void models. What color represents Wind? You could assume a sky blue but that is already being used for the Water model. Possibly a green blue? I can picture that for some reason. What about the Void model? The only two ways I can see that one working out is some sort of completely undyed jean (unbleached)/ or an unbleached weft mated to a standard indigo warp? (Which would make for a jean that looks very similar to any other) or a very dark jean. Darkness representing the Void. They would do an Indigo warp and black weft achieving a very 45rpm Nando Nando color and look.

+rep

Jesus, just when I thought I was reaching a point of denim contentment....

Those sound sexy for all the right reasons. Do know that Gordon said he's expecting the 'water' variant next month, as well as re-stock on other models. Which means my landlord should be happy that he's not getting rent in May, right?

Hell yes!

I read somewhere that Samurai was also releasing a "Musashi" model, and I was hoping someone would have more information on that....

"Posted/discussed a bit earlier in a video showcasing Samurai...its the "earth" element model, part of the "Go Rin no Shou" series that Samurai will do throughout the year, each having different weft dyes per element (ie: red for fire, blue for water, etc.), with this earth model being persimmon dyed. At the end of 2010 they will release the "Musashi" model (forgot what will be special about it though), Musashi being the author of the Book of Five Rings (Gorin no shou) and the guy on all your Samurai patches ;)"

My mac is acting up and not working, but this information should be in quotes and attributed to aho

The Musashi model was, I believe, said to be a combination of all of the elements. Red/Blue/Green/Black weft anyone!? Ha ha. Just speculation.

Although I guess the Musashi model may actually be the void? Not sure, also cannot find the video he mentions earlier in the thread....

See I'm still unsure if that final Musashi model is taking the place of the fifth Void element jean (if they are one and the same) or if its an entirely different jean done after all five elements have been made. I heard them say they were doing five models total. So I am confused.

Nice. I'm loving that concept the more I hear about it. Talk about the perfect storm of developing demand. We'll all be shaky junkies in withdraw by the end of this year.

That's the way to do it!

I'm already a crack fiend for any denim with a different dye, anything with a dyed weft, and anything that is extremely light weight or heavyweight. Samurai has me by the balls this year!

I'm very glad people are shedding light on these Elemental jeans. Lets get more information!

I think it is easily assumed that the Ground, Water, and Fire models would use a brown, blue, and red warp respectively (although what natural dye they would use for red is something I can't come up with [Cherry dye or a red tea maybe?]) but the two hardest ones to figure out are the Wind and Void models. What color represents Wind? You could assume a sky blue but that is already being used for the Water model. Possibly a green blue?

Thanks for the all the info. From what I have seen, the wind element in Japan seems to have a tendency to be represented by the color green, so I am guessing that will have something to do with the wind model.

Like you, I was also speculating that the Void model might have black weft yarns.

Finally took decent 4 month pictures. They're so soft now wish they werent.

4539054962_dee74e9a28.jpg

4539055034_9441a02dfb.jpg

Lookin good dude... I haven't been wearing mine because they got soft so fast and I sort of lost interest but next time I wash them I think I'll starch em to get back the crunch.

For now though, crushin the 24oz... I think the 24ozLHTs are going to be sick if the RHTs are any indication.

What color represents Wind? You could assume a sky blue but that is already being used for the Water model. Possibly a green blue? I can picture that for some reason. What about the Void model? Darkness representing the Void. They would do an Indigo warp and black weft achieving a very 45rpm Nando Nando color and look.

Samurai has me by the balls this year!

I'll buy both your thoughts on Wind and Void. Especially void.

I'm assuming they will do something challenging with materials and not leave it to something as predictable as a green selvage line.

No matter what, this is pure art. I'm totally kopping the persimmon-dyed 'Earth' model. I've been hoping to see that. We'll see about the others, but god knows, they've got my attention, if not my actual balls in their hand already ;)

Not happy. For some reason 2nd canceled my order of my 710xx. I can barely make out the email I received from hem saying it was canceled. Anyone know what this might be due to?

Clearly it's because you didn't order them drunk. I think that shows in the Babel translations...

(actually, they cancelled an order for some FH on me too. Seems Rakuten showed stock but 2nd ("Second" ;-) didn't actually have inventory)

Thanks for the all the info. From what I have seen, the wind element in Japan seems to have a tendency to be represented by the color green, so I am guessing that will have something to do with the wind model.

Like you, I was also speculating that the Void model might have black weft yarns.

Or possibly the 'Void' model is a pair of cutoffs with a hole in the crotch and no arcs or tabs?

This would be such an awesome assignment for design class.

I ran across these photographs on the Samurai Store Blog a while back and it seems like its just the right time to share them.

s5000GX-T's (Earth) worn for 3 Months!

17.jpg

23-225x300.jpg

32-225x300.jpg

And the link to the original blog entry:

http://www.samurai-j.com/samurai/article/?p=2289

Goood find alex! Those would look pretty damn badass once faded in like the hidden arcs on the 710bks.

My 710s are motherfucking tight in the waist after a 30 minute soak. Hopefully it will stretch out. All i need to do is to get them hemmed.

I ran across these photographs on the Samurai Store Blog a while back and it seems like its just the right time to share them.

s5000GX-T's (Earth) worn for 3 Months!

32-225x300.jpg

And the link to the original blog entry:

http://www.samurai-j.com/samurai/article/?p=2289

oh man. Would rep if I had any. That's exactly what I was hoping to see on those. Nice find! Love that weft color.

......53.jpg

Damnit, might have slipped up on my sizing... I got a size 30 in some S710BKs and I usually wear a 31 (Skulls & Samurais, I have both in a 31 and they fit), and after a soak these are NOT fitting me.

I got the first two buttons up ez. It took me awhile to get the 3rd button but I can't get 4 & 5. After wearing them for awhile, 3 was easier to get on but I don't know if these jeans are gonna give enough for me to get to the top.

Anybody have any input? Should these get on the supermarket? I love them soo much though :( the leg fit is nice and though right now it's a little tight in the crotch, my thighs are okay and everything else is on point. Just my waist!!!