Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

Ya. I'm into the wallet damage. Doesn't bother me that it pokes through. I usually get them hemmed anyway so I have extra denim to do repairs. It's just the matter of getting around to doing it is all. I have a pair of Eternals that the damage is getting so bad that it is sometimes difficult to get my wallet out when paying for goods and services. Just put up some pics of those too.

Ya. I'm into the wallet damage. Doesn't bother me that it pokes through. I usually get them hemmed anyway so I have extra denim to do repairs. It's just the matter of getting around to doing it is all. I have a pair of Eternals that the damage is getting so bad that it is sometimes difficult to get my wallet out when paying for goods and services. Just put up some pics of those too.

Angry wallet: $225. 4 pairs of shredded jeans: $1,200 and counting.

Peace of mind: Priceless. :rolleyes:

so knee down will shrink another .5" ??

i can't find a jean with small enough knee/hem and large enough waist/thigh. any suggestions?

Yes, they will have another shrink phase. Please, please trust me on two things: give those a few weeks to break in, and please let go of immediate expectations.

Trust the designer and the cut. They're called 'shrink-to-fit' for more reasons than just from the initial fast shrink in the tub.

The cut is fine and you'll look great in it. Allow the wisdom of the cut to override your impatience and current need. The cut was designed around a broken-in fit, not the first-week fit. Every time I've jumped the gun and made snap decisions like that I've deeply regretted it,

They'll show themselves soon. You're in good hands.

They are the earth element (brown weft) and yes no arcs but they do have red tab.

They look great, I especially like the button engraving on them! I'd have ordered these by now too (They were released in Japan on April 7), but I have a large store credit with BiG that I'd like to use on them. BiG has them up on the website now, it says they are arriving on 4/31/10.

They look great, I especially like the button engraving on them! I'd have ordered these by now too (They were released in Japan on April 7), but I have a large store credit with BiG that I'd like to use on them. BiG has them up on the website now, it says they are arriving on 4/31/10.

3rd on full pics. Don't leave us hanging.

^ Saw that too. Had some other denim lined up to buy first but must now re-prioritize. Those being more moneyz and limited edition means must decide which to act on first.

Sigh. I guess there are worse dilemmas to be in :rolleyes:

Edit: does anyone have a guess as to how fast that persimmon weft color will wash out? That's pretty deep red/purple is pretty intense for me. I'm not looking for an overdyed looking jean.

Sorry for another sizing question but going true to sz on a lot 10 s0500xx be okay or will it stretch out too much?

dude i sized down two on my s0500xx and they are great depend's about your thigh's i guess, but i think you should be safe going tts

hey all. just ordered my 710s from BiG today. how should I soak? Or, should the temperature and duration of the soak be a function of how the pre-soak fit and how much shrinkage I want? I went tts on these, lot 13 fyi, and didn't hem.

thanks!

Ryan

Sam's tend to continue to shrink even after a few washes. In order to get maximum shrinkage, i would suggest a few hot soaks and a hot wash with no spin cycle. Even after these soaks/wash, the sams will still shrink some after a few more washes; however, this should get a lot of the shrinkage out of the way. Hope this helps, good luck.

Haven't been able to take a good full shot... will try to take a fit pic

This is just to give an idea on the true color of the indigo and weft(dirty purple / dark maroon).

DSCF0463.jpg

The strange thing is that the weft itself is brown based on some flyaway individual strands of weft but when intertwined with indigo yarn, it projects a dark dirty purplish tint.

Under bright sunlight it should look royal blue with a hint of purple but this is nothing really like PBJ-XX010 which basically shouts PURPLE under normal sunlight.

hey all. just ordered my 710s from BiG today. how should I soak?

Ryan

Sam's tend to continue to shrink even after a few washes. In order to get maximum shrinkage, i would suggest a few hot soaks and a hot wash with no spin cycle. Even after these soaks/wash, the sams will still shrink some after a few more washes; however, this should get a lot of the shrinkage out of the way. Hope this helps, good luck.

Ryan, What, ya didn't believe me, huh? :cool:

Do what Ducati guy recommends. Wise words.

SuFu, I REALLY need your help on some samies.

I have a unique situation. MMA and weight training keeps my quads pretty big. There has never been a skinny cut jean that has ever fit my legs. My true waist is a 34-35 but I usually have to get a 38 to have any chance of them fitting my legs.

I took a chance about 5 months ago with a used pair of 710s in size 38. They soon became my absolute most favorate pair of jeans when it comes to fit. Big in the waist but felt amazing everywhere. This leads me to my next decision.

thighs in the 710, 38w should be about 13 inches (mine have stretched.)

I want a pair of s0520XXs. The nice thing about those is I can get a smaller waist, 36, and the thighs say 14.25 inches. So Im going down 2 sizes in the waist but gaining and inch and a quarter in the thighs. Which is what I need.

So how is the rest of the overall fit of the s0520xx's compared to the 710s? Again, I LOVE my 710s but the thighs of the 710s in a size 36w would NEVER fit me.

Opinions on the 520 cut? Any input at all would really help me! thanks in advance.

I wonder how dark the water model is now that I see how dark the earth model is. and Vanquish post full pics now!

Man. So tough to tell with photography.

I'm being cautious about drawing conclusions until I can see them. Plus, we have no idea how that weft dye will wash out. Could be fast.

I'm being cautious about drawing conclusions until I can see them. Plus, we have no idea how that weft dye will wash out. Could be fast.

I am pretty sure the weft threads are all dyed to the core using persimmon juice. So the color could be there for quite a while...

If you look at the pictures of the (clearly factory-distressed) worn-in water ones on BIG or 2nd, the blue weft is hardly any different..

I wonder how dark the water model is now that I see how dark the earth model is. and Vanquish post full pics now!

From the pictures that I've seen, the blue weft yarns on the water model are really light and fairly subtle. They don't look anywhere near as dark as the earth model, they look more like a regular jean to me.