Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

0500's, have had em for 4 months, but only worn about half that time, maybe less, due to work. Natural light, darker in real life.

those things are faded way more than mine worn for over a year. nice for 2 months work

question about the 710s.. After a few soaks and a few weeks of wear I'd like to get em hemmed. If I take off an inch and a half, will the leg opening lose any of its taper post-hem? Also, has anyone ever altered the leg opening of the 710 to have a bit more taper? I like the jean a lot, but was expecting the leg opening to be a bit slimmer.. thanks

well measure across where you want to get it hemmed and you know will know what the new leg opening measurement is going to be and if you lost any of the taper. probably will be losing a little of it

they will shrink a ton after the first wash (unless you did a boiling soak).

question about the 710s.. After a few soaks and a few weeks of wear I'd like to get em hemmed. If I take off an inch and a half, will the leg opening lose any of its taper post-hem? Also, has anyone ever altered the leg opening of the 710 to have a bit more taper? I like the jean a lot, but was expecting the leg opening to be a bit slimmer.. thanks

look back a few pages. i can confirm what i said

i just stopped by americaya the other day..they had 2 of the element sams i believe..i know they had the ones with the purplish/brown overdye (earth element?)

i wish they had arcs though..and im a little curious to see how the fading on them turn out.

I ended up grabbing some 510s with the new arcs:

DSC_0014.jpg

just to get back at the S0510XX66-2:

I was really surprised that the leather tag was still ins such a good condition, after 6 years of lying in a stock house:

P1000047red.jpg

2nd really knows how to take care of their products. Nevertheless, the first thing I did, was oiling the patch

@dawei: have you chosen your size and ordered?

i am a lurker to this thread. Here are my S710xx19oz Lot 11.. It has been 10 months of wear. Pictures were taken on May 19th.

Right pocket got a rip from my iPhone :( .. trying to stick it out for 2 more months and will get these patched up and repaired. I will update again in 2 more months also with before and after pictures of the repairs i will be making. :D

10months/1 initial soak/No wash

IMG_2827.jpg

IMG_2825.jpg

and the review goes on...

I’ve worn the S0510XX66-2 every day since last wednesday except for Sunday (that was Denime-day). I have to say that I really LOVE these jeans. The fit is perfect!

I was a little hesitant after seeing that the back rise is rather low but it isn’t noticeable when wearing them. I’m glad that I went for the size 34, because they did shrink FROM tag size. Yeah, Samurai sizing is different on every model and lot#.

Furthermore, information about this special cut is very limited as it seems to be one of the most unpopular cuts of Samurai. And the denim isn’t something typically Samurai-esque crazy. This may add why it isn’t widespread around the denim-community.

But I really dig the feel and texture of the denim! It isn’t crazy slubby but still have a decent amount of irregularities. It’s quite hairy and you can feel that it is on the heavier side (15oz). It’s exactly what I would expect from a vintage denim (although I never handled real old/vintage denim).

Now only time (and sticking to this pair) will tell if those will age as nicely as the other Samurai denims. So far I’ve only seen one example on the Samurai HP.

Ok, it's just the first edition of the S0510XX66:

20030901153304.jpg

so are they modeled after levi's 66s or samurai's 510

the back rise is lower on the 510xx66 than on the 510 and the thigsh are one inch slimmer. but leg opening is the same.

haven't got a real levi's 66, only Denime 66xx. but those taper more than the 510xx66

very nice tulio, your 710's got mega stacks too

Thank rjsavestheday.

Far be it from me to hate on stacking but those just look wrong...

unless you rocking them with really tall shoes every day I guess.

Hmm.. I think im going to need to post some fit pics. Will do that sometime this week. Ive been wearing my sams with The Hundreds Valenzuela wannabe chuck lookin shoes almost from the start. Hella ripped my cuffs.