Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

Yeah i am thinking to get samurais for just that reason. But I thought itd be better if it were Texas cotton, even more of a rough feel. At the same time, i think i like the s710 cut the most.

My question is whether its SO big a difference that one would go for the texas cotton ones over the s710.

the newer Texas Cotton denim isn't as rough as the old one...but that's another story.

First you have to like the cut and then the denim. What do you want with a pair of jeans which have an incredible denim but you don't wear because of the cut?

Both are rough enough

How tall are you stacks? I find short people overcompensate. Does that mean, since I am 6'3", that really I am 6'1"? 191cm to the mm baby!

6'3" as well but on the internet I'm like, psh, 6'6" easy

You are correct, the overcompensation rule of male height self description tapers off past 6 feet because at that point you just know you comfortably tall by walkin in the street with all these 5'11ish motherfuckers.

in other news, still puttin in hours on the 24oz RHTs - I know I'll have to drop em soon when ATL gets set on fire but when the fades are poppin you can't be stoppin.

6'3" as well but on the internet I'm like, psh, 6'6" easy

You are correct, the overcompensation rule of male height self description tapers off past 6 feet because at that point you just know you comfortably tall by walkin in the street with all these 5'11ish motherfuckers.

in other news, still puttin in hours on the 24oz RHTs - I know I'll have to drop em soon when ATL gets set on fire but when the fades are poppin you can't be stoppin.

Haha, so we are 6'3" brothers from another mother! Yeah boiiii!

Stacks: You give great location. Now, did you rep me or Beatle on that?

Hey guys, long time lurker and fairly new to dry denim (but it's been enough of a conversion for me to jettison 15 pairs of pre-washed "premium denim" so I can get more dry).

Anyway, got a bit of a noob question.

I just copped a pair of Lot 5 S5110VXJ's from 2005 (it was a sweet Jin/Zero collab to commemorate the 2005 Osaka/Kobe victory in baseball). They are virtually new, having just had one soak. However, I think the time in storage has given them some vertical creases and now there's been some slight indigo loss running down the creases.

My question is, will these vertical creases show up at the next wash, 6 or 7 months down the road? Should I just iron them out even though the indigo loss will still be there?

I'm still new to dry denim and have been working on a pair of Flat Head 3008's for about a month now so I haven't gone that far down the road yet.

Any insight you guys have to offer would be most appreciated.

I'll throw up some pics so you can maybe see what I'm talking about. The spot best seen in the photo is the crease running down the right pant leg but there's another crease running down the left as well. Doesn't look too severe in the photos but up close it's pretty noticeable.

dsc0023rs.jpg

Happy to put up more pics if people are curious about the cut.

Thanks for the help!

Geoff

if they are still fairly stiff which i can assume they are, i would just wear them and they will soften up over time. no need to iron them.

pretty interesting pair you have their.

Hey Geoff,

I would try ironing out the creases because it won't hurt to try or just washing the jeans and wearing them damp to decrease them... unfortunately there's a good chance that the next wash might make the crease fades apparent. I've seen a similar fades exposed by dryer creases.

For what it's worth, if it's going to happen it will be apparent with the next wash, I don't think it will be a hidden problem that will only manifest 6-7 washes down the road - if you wash em and iron out the creases and there isn't any fading them you're probably in the clear.

I'd say just rock and roll but if it were me I'd never be able to get over the crease fades.

Was wondering if anyone can clear up these 710xx questions for me. I was comparing BiG's measurements to the post wash measurements on Samurai's website:

http://www.samurai-j.com/lineup/jeans/s710xx19oz/index.html

and I found some weird instances. (This all based on sz. 33, as that is my waist)

1. BiG lists the leg opening at 8 inches raw, while Samurai lists it at 8+ inches washed. Is the leg opening bigger than what BiG lists it at?

2. Samurai indicates that after being washed the thigh measures 11.3-11.7 inches, from BiG's 12.75 inches raw. Is this because BiG and Samurai measure the thigh in a different place? Because that seems like an awful lot of shrinkage, especially when people in this thread only seem to be losing about 1/2-3/4 inch in the thigh. That thigh measurement would make the 710 very very slim up top, when it really seems to be a slim straight cut.

If anyone could comment on this I'd appreciate it. Just want to make sure that the 710xx isn't slimmer than I'm giving it credit for, looking for something more slim straight rather than a true slim cut (ie. Skull 5010xx)

I generally wear 33s and the s710 post soak thighs should come out to 12.25 and then stretch out to about 12.5 or so after wear.

samurai must be measuring from somewhere else.

however, I think the leg opening should be about 8 inches washed...

Was wondering if anyone can clear up these 710xx questions for me. I was comparing BiG's measurements to the post wash measurements on Samurai's website:

http://www.samurai-j.com/lineup/jeans/s710xx19oz/index.html

and I found some weird instances. (This all based on sz. 33, as that is my waist)

1. BiG lists the leg opening at 8 inches raw, while Samurai lists it at 8+ inches washed. Is the leg opening bigger than what BiG lists it at?

2. Samurai indicates that after being washed the thigh measures 11.3-11.7 inches, from BiG's 12.75 inches raw. Is this because BiG and Samurai measure the thigh in a different place? Because that seems like an awful lot of shrinkage, especially when people in this thread only seem to be losing about 1/2-3/4 inch in the thigh. That thigh measurement would make the 710 very very slim up top, when it really seems to be a slim straight cut.

If anyone could comment on this I'd appreciate it. Just want to make sure that the 710xx isn't slimmer than I'm giving it credit for, looking for something more slim straight rather than a true slim cut (ie. Skull 5010xx)

if you are looking slim straight take a look at the 500XX, my size 31's currently meausre 33w, 11.75" thigh, 8.5" knee and 8" hem, yes they were really tight after soaking but i wore them until they were dry and the waist stretched out to pre-soak measurement

Stacks,

Thanks for the tips, I'll give it a quick ironing and see how it goes.

And yeah, I was saying that I wouldn't give them their first washing until 6 or 7 months down the road, not that I was wondering if they'd show up by the 6th or 7th wash. My concern was that they'd show after the first wash. Who knows though, maybe after 6 or 7 months of hard wear it won't be an issue.

Thanks for your input.

Here's some more pics of the denim.

dsc0019rc.jpg

dsc0020mi.jpg

dsc0021ej.jpg

dsc0022q.jpg

dsc0024cf.jpg

I'm really liking the feel of them and the cut (which I've heard is the S5000 cut) but I'm not too in love with the placement of the Jin back pockets. They're spread pretty far apart, which makes my ass look wider than it is. The alternating Jin and Zero donuts are pretty nice though as well as the gold thread in the selvage. And the belt label just makes me feel happy.

I'll post a couple fit pics later as I'd like some feedback on the back pocket spacing. At 6'1 and 215 lbs, I don't need my ass looking any wider than it already is.

I'm going to be grabbing some S0500's from Lot 10 at the end of the week so I may just put these up in the marketplace if I feel the S0500 would be a better cut for me. Dying to try on some S710's but haven't come across any in my size and inseam in the marketplace yet. I hear once you get those you don't want to wear anything else.

Anyway, have a great night guys.

Geoff

^From what it looks like, your back pockets spacing seems quite wide at first, but then I realized that it only appears to look like that because of the roundness of the back pockets. IMO the back pockets look fine, but think a fit pic may do the pockets more justice.

the jin is lee-inspired, right? i'd have thought funny back-pockets might just be a fact of life with lee cuts. but if i'm not wrong, that's a right-hand twill in your photos, although i guess that's just an aspect of the collab.

my advice: dont force an off-size piece of denim just because they are available/on sale/etc. just wait until you can find something that fits properly.
Here you go: [email protected]

They don't have any English speaking staff, at least not among the people who answer emails, so any replies they make to you will be in Japanese. You'll have to use Babelfish or something similar to translate their responses.

So you email them in English.

They translate it into Japanese via Babelfish or some other method.

They respond to this via an email in Japanese.

You translate this into English via Babelfish or similar.

Cool! Bless the Internet.

No chance of any misinterpretations there! ;)

really great to see the S5110VXJ. Where did you find that pair? In a small shop?

Here's is something from Samurai about the S0510XX66-RR:

Please be advised that S0510XX66-RR is a special limited edition for

supporting one of the Humanitarian Relief Operation Organization in

Japan named Japan Rescue Association. 3% of the retail price would be

donated to the association once the jeans was sold.

The denim used is almost the same as the regular 15oz S0510XX, just

with the different red cell bitch.

Should you have further queries, please feel free to contact us again.

Best regards,

Sandy

Smaurai Jeans

really great to see the S5110VXJ. Where did you find that pair? In a small shop?

He bought them from me !!

I got them from Take 5 I think in 2007 but they're a little small for me, which is why I sold them.

Considering listing my S710XX 19 oz and some 0505's as I'm more into the S510 cut at the moment.......(both are tagged w36)