Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

the button hole reinforcement stitching may or may not be an issue of concern, depending on whether your button still stays in the hole while wearing the jeans. if the button pops out everytime you sit down, this is an issue,cause no one likes to have to button their jeans every time you get up. not cool. how about this, take a good ole' needle and thread( pick a color, any color) and stitch it back. a simple endeavor. this is the first step in the rights-of-passage from noobdom

Cheers, I was just wondering if it was the same scenario as in crotch blowout take care of it ASAP or it will get worse or not such a big deal it probably won't get any worse.

This particular problem has never happened to me before but yes the button does stay in. I will give it a quick sew job and we will see what develops.

production-wise, Samurai does not churn out nearly as much volume as [e.g., Nudie, Prps, etc]. therefore, if they virtuously keep status quo, like keeping supply low [e.i., limited production], so there won't ever be enough available to reach mainstrem. also, they shouldn't acquiesce to pop pressure like venturing into more current yet fadish cuts. i know it's a business and they need to make a profit, but [iMO] in order for them to protect and maintain the brand name, they should stay with the formula that made them stood out, in the first place --- putting out quality products, and staying close to what got the cult started -repros and quasi-repro cuts.

If they made the 0500 cut with Jin denim, I would be pretty satisfied. Opinions?

If anyone posts on the ringxring forum, it would be awesome to recommend that since we know Toshiko moderates the Samurai forum. I never signed up and they aren't taking new members. Boo.

production-wise, Samurai does not churn out nearly as much volume as [e.g., Nudie, Prps, etc]. therefore, if they virtuously keep status quo, like keeping supply low [e.i., limited production], so there won't ever be enough available to reach mainstrem. also, they shouldn't acquiesce to pop pressure like venturing into more current yet fadish cuts. i know it's a business and they need to make a profit, but [iMO] in order for them to protect and maintain the brand name, they should stay with the formula that made them stood out, in the first place --- putting out quality products, and staying close to what got the cult started -repros and quasi-repro cuts.

I agree with you I think it's a little flippant to say they are the new Nudie. I'm at art college in London where Nudie's on skinny legs are a daily sight and they are stocked in all the big department stores and loads of smaller high street shops. I have never seen another pair of Samurai's (being worn or for sale) in the UK. I've seen other Japanese jeans like Sugar Cane and Kato's in shops here but not Sammies.

Now let's get back to the pictures, I would post mine but they have next to no wear and it's dark here! Maybe in a few weeks.

I believe that the reason why Samurai will not become the next Nudie is based highly in their price points. Due to many nudies starting near 300 (US) and Nudies being many many places such as department stores and little boutique shops makes them readily more available. Plus, someone can get nudies for under 200 and still have money left. The ability to buy Samurais (which many people can) is not enough to make them rationalize buying $300 denim; for us who love denim it is one thing to spend that money as an investment in a quality product, but to others who would be shopping for another pair of jeans it would be a harder decision. I dont think samurai will be even close to the next Nudies. But thats just me...

If they made the 0500 cut with Jin denim, I would be pretty satisfied. Opinions?

If anyone posts on the ringxring forum, it would be awesome to recommend that since we know Toshiko moderates the Samurai forum. I never signed up and they aren't taking new members. Boo.

I'd be all over this as well. Make sure the pockets are Lee style as well.

wwhhaat? did they start making their jeans in china.... ...

never that!, i'm saying i've noticed the recent surge in popularity samurai has gotten lately here on sufu. the 710 cut is mad popular here, and this thread has a lot of new cats posting spankin' new sams(along w/silly questions).. kind of like after syd posted the 3001s dudes jumped on FH like it was something new. then there's the exposed coin-pocket selvage on that new model( im still trying to forget). don't be suprised if full-count is next(gasp!)...or dry bones.

When the hypebeasts jumped on Samurai
fo reel doh shit is wack so many questions that have been answered over and over. i think they cant read it because it doesnt say sb anywhere or because its not in loud bright colors.

and i could of sworn there was a samuari sizing thread too. wtf.

i need to stop clicking on this thread there is nothing here anymore. just fucking questions from redbars.

it's official. user supreme88 copped DS 0500s. :P

now where's that unsubscribe button..

plz don't follow me into eternal jawnz threak1!! kthxbai!

never that!, i'm saying i've noticed the recent surge in popularity samurai has gotten lately here on sufu. the 710 cut is mad popular here, and this thread has a lot of new cats posting spankin' new sams(along w/silly questions).. kind of like after syd posted the 3001s dudes jumped on FH like it was something new. then there's the exposed coin-pocket selvage on that new model( im still trying to forget). don't be suprised if full-count is next(gasp!)...or dry bones.

or maybe warehouse? hahaha oh well fuck em. i love my samurais and i spent awhile reading and searching around before i decided on them. and i didnt ask a single dumb fucking question about them, why is this so hard for other cats to do? find a pair of jeans YOU like and get them. end of story.

it's official. user supreme88 copped DS 0500s. :P

now where's that unsubscribe button..

plz don't follow me into eternal jawnz threak1!! kthxbai!

oh i get it...since i dont have a bunch of posts and i posted my new sams that makes me a noob..true. i dont recall ever asking any dumb questions or saying anything stupid so i dont get why u have to say stupid shit like that. go have fun in the eternal thread, and dont worry i wont be following you.

im going to guess that they were sized wrong since they were lot 10...i hope you prove me wrong. if you do then theres no need to consider you a noob since you would have read the thread ahead of time about lot 10

im going to guess that they were sized wrong since they were lot 10...i hope you prove me wrong. if you do then theres no need to consider you a noob since you would have read the thread ahead of time about lot 10

i have a 35 inch waist and i got a 33 which = 35 inch waist raw. i just soaked them and tried them on when they dried and they fit perfectly, a little tight in the waist but theyll stretch. im too tired to take pics now so ill post some pics tomorrow.

nice. guess you are lucky or im just unlucky.

the 2 pairs that i bought from 2nd both lot 10 were mis-sized and unfortunately one of the pairs was the 2ndxsamurai collab that is sold out in the next size up

to the people that have been wearing their 21 oz's for a while now, have you noticed any more stretching? i know the denim isn't supposed to change one way or another in terms of shrinking/stretching, but am wishing to be able to hang on to a pair i recently got that are marked sz 33 (s0510) and come up way smaller/tighter than my 32 5000's. seeing as its just the waist and crotch area, i'm considering taking a car boot to em..

cheers