Guest Guy H

Iron Heart Jeans

633 is a great cut, one of the best, IMO. The amount of taper from knee to hem varies between runs. I have the 633-XHS and the hem is around 8", which is right where I prefer it to be. Some runs have too much taper, IMO. 

888 has too high of a rise for me. 

Edited by mpukas

Agreed! Yeah, I’ve ran through a couple of cuts. First pair were apc PS, with the double downsize they were just way too tight for me to do anything. I had a couple pairs of onis but relax tapered was so loose and then I got these. I guess third time is the charm. But yeah, like I said i really wish there were diff weights in the black for 633 I love the hell out of this cut. I can’t wear indigo because of work. I’ve given the overdye some thought but I don’t know how id feel rocking double OD whenever I pick up my jacket. 

26 minutes ago, Neilltheone said:

Agreed! Yeah, I’ve ran through a couple of cuts. First pair were apc PS, with the double downsize they were just way too tight for me to do anything. I had a couple pairs of onis but relax tapered was so loose and then I got these. I guess third time is the charm. But yeah, like I said i really wish there were diff weights in the black for 633 I love the hell out of this cut. I can’t wear indigo because of work. I’ve given the overdye some thought but I don’t know how id feel rocking double OD whenever I pick up my jacket. 

Good news, we have 633SBG in the pipeline for spring of 2022. 

18 minutes ago, youngofthesoonest said:

Good news, we have 633SBG in the pipeline for spring of 2022. 

I definitely have my next pair lined up then. Thanks for the heads up too. Any word on the weights? 

51 minutes ago, Neilltheone said:

I definitely have my next pair lined up then. Thanks for the heads up too. Any word on the weights? 

it's the 21oz fabric selvedge black SBG denim. 

I'm curious, does anyone know if Iron Heart ever sold denim banners to the public? I see pictures of them on the internet floating around and wondered if they ever had them for sale of if they were sent to retailers only.

14 hours ago, Neilltheone said:

I'm curious, does anyone know if Iron Heart ever sold denim banners to the public? I see pictures of them on the internet floating around and wondered if they ever had them for sale of if they were sent to retailers only.

Pretty sure the banners were for retailers only

38 minutes ago, ColonelAngus said:

Pretty sure the banners were for retailers only

That’s unfortunate to hear, I suspected as much. 

20 minutes ago, lee porter said:

How do the 633 differ to the 888 

Both are based on the 634, which is a straight cut with medium rise.. The 633 is exclusive to SE. It's the 634 rise and thigh, with taper from knee to hem. The 888 has the same thigh dimensions as the 634, with some taper from the knee to hem, but not as much as the 633, and a higher rise. When the 888 was released a few years ago, there were a lot of folks saying it had more room in the thigh than the 888. Giles never mentioned that in the description.