The Strike Gold

TokenIndianKid

These are common on all jeans which are woven on a shuttle loom, but if it's extreme MOST times the manufacturer or store (if they notice it even) will send it back.  The only brand this doesn't apply to is Roy which believes you should never cut this imperfection out and he leaves it in regardless of the intensity of the shuttle skip or break.

Well I'm keeping mine, they have broken in wonderfully and I can't wait to see what wonders these minor variances create in fading.

ah man. looking at the pictures on a computer makes a big difference. i didn't even see the first picture on my phone. i'm definitely wrong about loom chatter. i personally don't mind that in my jeans but if youre not happy with it, are you able to send it back to where you bought it? 

Not sure if I can return them or not.  I emailed them so we will see.  If not I'll just soak them and hopefully with some wear the skip will become less visual.  Thanks for all the info.

I'm interested in picking up a pair of 3105s and from what I understand from reading the last few pages, they stretch a good deal. I'm still a bit concerned if it will enough, but I'm looking at a sz 32 (33.5 waist & 12.1 thigh pre-soak) and my waist is 34.5 and thighs are ~12.. would it be safe to say that 3XXX denim would stretch enough for me?

Not sure if I can return them or not.  I emailed them so we will see.  If not I'll just soak them and hopefully with some wear the skip will become less visual.  Thanks for all the info.

Truthfully, just cuz it's right around where the creasing falls, it won't even be noticeable at all ... especially once the whiskers had set in permanently. If you're good you should keep it.

Any recommendations for SG denim that fit similarly to the Iron Heart 301S? I'm more of a slimmer fitting, tapered leg kind of guy.

Get the 1109/2109/3109.  We have them at Self Edge NY if you want to go in and try them on.

If I wear a size medium in the indigo SG sweatshirt(fits perfectly!), I should probably go with size medium in the grey and black SG sweats to take into consideration the shrinkage as they're unwashed? I'm checking the measurements on the Self Edge site and looks like the grey and black crews will shrink down to the same measurements as the indigo, with maybe a slightly longer vertical and sleeve length.

Edited by harorld

the indigo ones were hot washed and hot dried so you'd have to do that with the grey and black to get the same kind of fit. the medium indigo fit a lot smaller than my medium grey hoodie so you may want to get a small and just do a cold soak? 

If I wear a size medium in the indigo SG sweatshirt(fits perfectly!), I should probably go with size medium in the grey and black SG sweats to take into consideration the shrinkage as they're unwashed? I'm checking the measurements on the Self Edge site and looks like the grey and black crews will shrink down to the same measurements as the indigo, with maybe a slightly longer vertical and sleeve length.

Yes, do this...it will definitely start out way longer in the body and arms, but you can wash and dry it whenever you need to, and it will eventually get to very close to the same place as the indigo dyed shirt.

I concur. Just received my 2nd SG sweat in the mail today. Grabbed the grey in MD sized up from my usual since I wanted to blast it in the dryer. Things shrunk about a whole size in the dryer on full blast. Fits perfectly now. My black sweat is almost at 10 moth of wear and has only been hang dried but will no longer shrink in dryer after multiple hot washes. Despite shrink a bit here in there when I do leave it in the dryer with my other clothes this, I have stretched the black SG so much in places of high tension that it will stretch back out with a gentle tug in the places I need. I am assuming this is how the indigo works since it is shrunken down.

Anyways, after receiving the grey and having been wearing it for a few hours now I have fallen in love with this fabric all over again. Only real difference between this and my black SG is that the weave on my black sweat feels tighter and heavier (heftier?) than the grey fabric. Not sure if this is true because my blk is from an older run or if the grey is in fact a bit lighter in weight and less tight in its weave than the black or navy color fabrics. (I have the navy in the crew neck)

Hope this helps any one on the fence for reference as before my measurements are as follows: (what i feel is ideal for my body type)

Chest: 40

Sleeve: 23

shoulder: 17.25

length: 23.5

(arm/bicep hole at least 23 around)

Cheers

Anyways, after receiving the grey and having been wearing it for a few hours now I have fallen in love with this fabric all over again. Only real difference between this and my black SG is that the weave on my black sweat feels tighter and heavier (heftier?) than the grey fabric. Not sure if this is true because my blk is from an older run or if the grey is in fact a bit lighter in weight and less tight in its weave than the black or navy color fabrics. (I have the navy in the crew neck)

If you haven't blasted the grey in your drier yet, that mostly explains the difference.  Even though you've only cold washed the black fabric, it has shrunken up (denser) and fluffed up as a result of washing.  They'll eventually get to the same place.

Apologies, I suppose my original post wasn't clear. I was awash in my happiness and could hardly find the appropriate means to communicate that I had  in fact blasted (hella blasted) my grey hoodie. It does feel significantly more dense than previously i.e. out of the package. Still I feel a significant difference between my two other sweats and this new one. Def. less "girthy" than my black and navy. Closer to a Cushman or RMC ball park in terms of fabric girth.

Edited by Rightyow77

Alright....some fit pics.  I really really like how this fits and even though I never tried on a medium I think large is definitely my size.  Kinda wish I kept my large oatmeal though as there must've been a shitload more shrink in it....

ZLBMp4F.jpg

Only think I'm not super sure of are the placement of the shoulder seams...they're definitely bigger than my true shoulders but when the shoulders are 19" and the sleeve is like 22" it makes me think that it's probably supposed to fit like this.

Also, if I could only give one negative it'd be that it I think the indigo overdying makes the inside less soft than the usual SG sweat.  But I think I captured the color pretty good in that shot and in my opinion the depth and richness of the color makes up for it.  So yeah... pretty stoked!

Edit: Better pic for your viewing pleasure

Edited by itsbenhere

Sweet!  Very excited to have this... honestly it's going to be a daily wearer for me.  I think in the future I'm going to pick up a large black and shrink the shit out of it... I definitely think a medium after full shrinkage would be too small for me.

Edited by itsbenhere

After the second wash on my grey hoodie I can say with great confidence that the fabric is indeed less dense and "tight" than that of my navy and black sweats from last years run. Still a beautiful sweat also this grey fabric is a lot more forgiving it stretches very easily with enough help. Also the shrinkage was not as bad as that of my black or navy.

Hope that helps any one on here. 

Fit pic R2MBUQHl.jpg