The Strike Gold

TokenIndianKid

Maybe I'm off-base in asking, but is it safe to assume their sizing scheme will be the same this time around? Of course their last run of sweats was very slim. At 6'2 ~170lbs I find the XL Hoodies to be a bit of a squeeze.

Yup, same sizing as last time.

Awesome! Will all of those colors be for the tees, too? 

Nope, tee colors are different and will be later this year.

• 2 weeks later...

sorry, had a big night and didnt measure these till just now. just did the waist, thigh, knee...hope this helps. and i should add that the way these fit now, they've been like this since at least the 2 month mark.

Raw:

Tagged size 31

waist 32.4"

front rise 10"

back rise 14"

thigh 11"

knee 7.8"

hem 7.5"

After 40 min warm soak:

Tagged size 31

waist 31.6"

inseam 35",

front rise 9.6"

back rise 13"

thigh 10.8"

knee 7.5"

hem 7.2"

3 months of wear

Tagged size 31

waist 34"

thigh 11.5"

knee 8"

as long as i know, TSG jeans will stretch quite much as they're unsanforised jeans. It happens to my 2105, at the first it was very difficult to wear it, and even harder after soaking it. But now, it is very easy to wear, and i think it stretch about 2-3".. but it's okay for me as it will shrink a lot when i wash it someday..

for 1109, i think it will be better if you have a comfortable fit before soaking as 11xx fabric will shrink much more than 21xx fabric.. although it will stretch a lot too, but it will be useless if you can't wear it after soaking, right?

I really appreciate all the input. These are tagged 32 SG 1109s FWIW, so yodah's measurements are very helpful for reference. I would usually take a tagged 31 in most raw denim, but when the thighs are slimmer I need a little more room.

I will defintely need a full inch or 1.25 of shrinkage in the waist to bring it closer to true 32, but the fit in the top block overall feels good.

They are snug at the lower thigh into the knee--basically a perfect fit unsoaked, not too tight, snug but comfortable. I am just trying to gauge it overall against how much they will shrink after soak.

To regedit's point, I would guess they will be quite snug in the lower thigh after a soak, but if a solid .5" (or even a little more) was to come back with wear, I think they'd be a great fit after some wear. I'd probably wear them when wet after the soak to help stretch them a little when wet at the snug points.

Folks,

Walked in SELA today and walked out with a pair of 1109. Love, love love the fabric, but the sizing still confuses me as your guys' posts above seem to indicate that post-soak stretch can be all over the place. I sized up +1 to a 34:

• True waist is a tad under 34" (For reference, best fitting pant I own is a Unis Gio, size 33) 
  • Tried on a size 33 in the store and top block was damn perfect, thigh was just a tad too tight by about less than half inch but the entire pair and fit looked and felt awesome
  • SE then recommended size 34 and a 30-minute hot soak - pretty much in line with online measurements/ advice

So, was it right to go up one size, given that all of you did not experience that much post-soak shrink on 1109s but a lot of stretch with wear?

Thanks,

Mike

Folks,

Walked in SELA today and walked out with a pair of 1109. Love, love love the fabric, but the sizing still confuses me as your guys' posts above seem to indicate that post-soak stretch can be all over the place. I sized up +1 to a 34:

• True waist is a tad under 34" (For reference, best fitting pant I own is a Unis Gio, size 33) 
  • Tried on a size 33 in the store and top block was damn perfect, thigh was just a tad too tight by about less than half inch but the entire pair and fit looked and felt awesome
  • SE then recommended size 34 and a 30-minute hot soak - pretty much in line with online measurements/ advice

So, was it right to go up one size, given that all of you did not experience that much post-soak shrink on 1109s but a lot of stretch with wear?

Thanks,

Mike

Sounds perfect to me. Agitate it to get a little more shrinkage and air dry fully before you wear them. You can always do another hot soak afterwards if need be. Enjoy them, SG is epic.

Folks,

Thanks,

Mike

From the posts you quoted, seems like you're conflating the 1xxx series denim with the 2xxx series denim.  Before I spell everything out, I'll say that by your description, you definitely sized correctly...if there were parts that were already tight in the size 33, and you're talking the 1xxx model, you need the 34.  As instructed at SELA, you can hot soak them without fear of them shrinking up too much...even if they are snug to get into after a soak, they should be just fine after they've stretched a little  The 1xxx series denim will shrink between 1-1.5  inches in the waist from raw depending on how hot/long you soak it, and whether or not you agitate the denim while soaking ...pretty standard for loomstate 14 ounce-ish denim.  Depending on how snug they are afterwards, there will be some stretch back, but it will not stretch to the size it was raw.  The 2xxx denim (and if you read back on the posts you quoted, this is where the confusion happened) is heavier and doesn't shrink as much, but it also doesn't stretch as much.  When I bought my 2105's, they were pretty snug to begin with, and they shrank maybe .75 inches at the initial soak, but I got at least .5 back within an hour of having them on.  They will ultimately fit just a tiny tiny bit smaller after shrink and stretch than they do raw.  

1xxx size up 1 from the size that fits you on the snug side when it is raw.

2xxx & 3xxx take the size that fits on the snug side, as long as you have a little leeway. If you are struggling to button it up, you need to take a size up from that and hot soak it.

• 2 weeks later...

Those look amazing.  I really love all the horizontal character the 2xxx denim has.  Very excited that this is the direction my pair will be going.

Thank you, guys.. Yes, i think TSG has done a very good job by making this jeans.. they have horizontal fading pattern, but if i look more detail, i think they have a little bit vertical fading too (Maybe i'm wrong).. 

Now, i'm wearing SG3105.. I'm so excited with their new denim.. i'll post some pictures after getting some evo.. 

has any1 washed their 3105/09 already?  

what's the verdict on shrinkage? ... ie, if did they shrunk further

Slowly but surely my SG3109's are fading.  
p1943372323-3.jpg

From the posts you quoted, seems like you're conflating the 1xxx series denim with the 2xxx series denim.  Before I spell everything out, I'll say that by your description, you definitely sized correctly...if there were parts that were already tight in the size 33, and you're talking the 1xxx model, you need the 34.  As instructed at SELA, you can hot soak them without fear of them shrinking up too much...even if they are snug to get into after a soak, they should be just fine after they've stretched a little  The 1xxx series denim will shrink between 1-1.5  inches in the waist from raw depending on how hot/long you soak it, and whether or not you agitate the denim while soaking ...pretty standard for loomstate 14 ounce-ish denim.  Depending on how snug they are afterwards, there will be some stretch back, but it will not stretch to the size it was raw.  The 2xxx denim (and if you read back on the posts you quoted, this is where the confusion happened) is heavier and doesn't shrink as much, but it also doesn't stretch as much.  When I bought my 2105's, they were pretty snug to begin with, and they shrank maybe .75 inches at the initial soak, but I got at least .5 back within an hour of having them on.  They will ultimately fit just a tiny tiny bit smaller after shrink and stretch than they do raw.  

1xxx size up 1 from the size that fits you on the snug side when it is raw.

2xxx & 3xxx take the size that fits on the snug side, as long as you have a little leeway. If you are struggling to button it up, you need to take a size up from that and hot soak it.

Edited by BrownMetallic

They aren't going to shrink back to a significant amount more than where they shrank to after an intial soak.  More importantly, they will stretch right back out to where they are at now.

has any1 washed their 3105/09 already?  

what's the verdict on shrinkage? ... ie, if did they shrunk further

Well the jeans themselves run pretty big. Mine are a size 30, but the waist can easily accommodate someone that wears a 31/32 - this is after a hot wash and dryer to get max shrinkage. 

Yea, I sized a touch too big as well here. 1st time going unsanforized and I was concerned they would shrink too much, but I find myself wishing they had shrunk just a bit more.

They fit well enough, just some slack in the waist I wish was gone.

Edited by elmcitizen

^ Exactly. Luckily they're a skinny cut or I wouldn't have been able to wear them. Definitely SD1 or 2. 

I sized down 1 on the 3109 and the fit is perfect after they stretched back out, but I really don't think going down two would end well. I don't see the waist stretching enough to make that an option.