The Strike Gold

TokenIndianKid

I sized tts on my 1103ex and they were tight for awhile after...especially in the top block. I also had a very uncomfortable issue climbing ladders for work shortly after a vasectomy. Post soak 23 oz denim is not forgiving when your tender ( let's leave it at that). I sized up on my MBB'S to a 40 and they are looser fitting than the 38 SG's. I recently threw them on for an outdoor concert and def noticed the difference between the two. They feel lighter than the MBB's and breathe better. The rise also affects how they sit on your body. Denim is great. I would highly recommend them to anybody that the measurements work for.

It's store-specific, so whenever the shop employees are able to get to it.  You should see something from them within a day or 2.  They were probably inundated with questions for the SG jeans after the deal was posted here.

Anybody know why the strike gold zip hooded sweatshirts on rakuten have significantly smaller specs specifically chest than say self edge's specs. I know they might measure parts of the jeans differently like the thigh at klax-on like was said a page back. Wondering if anyone has got the sweatshirt from online there and could comment on sizing. 

Thanks mate, looks like your measurements - I only bothered comparing the 1103 - aren't that far off the table. Thigh differs but I guess their method is 10cm down from crotch.

Huge wide hems on my size though, damn.

No problem dude, I believe I did a second soak to mine so I'm sure I have different measurements. This thread is also way shorter than the HWDCI so if you take a look to about 2 years ago I'm sure I posted in here the measurements. 

Regarding the sweatshirts, some of the listings for the printed shirts specify non-wash, with a size 40 showing 56cm. Compare this with the blank ones with a size 40 at 51cm. So, I would say that unless they specify "non-wash", they have already been rinsed and won't shrink further.

The specific store i was looking at also has regular Flat Head "THC" t shirts measured smaller than they are, and i know those are always the same specs in my experience. Maybe they are trying to account for shrinkage but some things dont shrink, i know the sweatshirts are supposed to. Just a mystery really. Thanks for all the response.

With Klax-on you cant really order of Rakuten, they are not ready to process international orders in that way. Send them an email very specifically explaining which items you want and ask for a pay pal invoice. Ive had great experiences with them.

I ordered from Star-foot the day the sale was posted here and still haven't gotten a finalized cost with shipping. Pretty much expecting my order to be cancelled too, but haven't heard anything yet.

I ordered  mine I think 5 hours or so after the link was posted. It may also depend on the size cause most people aren't a 28, but I'm also waiting for confirmation (still....). If my order is cancelled, oh well, if not that would be great. 

To everybody that ordered the 1103ex.. you realize why that jean is on sale? Its a jean that fits nearly nobody because of the combination of the rise, thigh, and leg opening.

If the specific product on sale is that poorly designed<br />they should withdraw it........<br />I did buy a pair of these a while back at a discount and they were seriously undersized in the topblock<br />in raw atate and I had to sell on ebay. Clearly at a loss.<br />They look a good buy at a discount obviously but in my experience so far the customer service is poor and I will take the view that if my order is not fulfilled they aren't that bothered about my business now<br />or in the future. And I won't be bothering with Strike Gold as a brand either. Actually after an order<br />placed and 3 follow up emails and no response or acknowledgement why bother. Hey we're all busy aren't<br />we?<br /><br /><br />

^ Agreed. Although I wouldn't go so far as to not buy SG products cause I still love them (plus ordering something not in your home country is always more of a hassle). 

Anyways coming back to this thread inspired me to take some evo pics on my 2105's, been about 2 months since my last update. I think they have about 7 months of wear? Not too sure... but now that I'm going to college they'll be beaten up over the next year. 

p1856953293-4.jpg

p1746481512-4.jpg

p1705902315-4.jpg

Or you can depend on a good dealer that brings in the best of the brands they stock with good discretion to stock or discontinue products which they don't deem fit for their store.  Thats the drawback of not buying from a "select shop" (as the Japanese call it).

Or you can depend on a good dealer that brings in the best of the brands they stock with good discretion to stock or discontinue products which they don't deem fit for their store.  Thats the drawback of not buying from a "select shop" (as the Japanese call it).

Ive got to agree with Kiya. I order many items from shops I trust in Japan when they arent stocked by US retailers, but I never order pants or jeans from japanese retailers. I can not be certain that a cut will look good. Even if I am familiar with the brand I dont know if a cut will look good on my large American build. I can talk to Kiya or Andrew (as well as Gordon at BiG) and know that what they are selling is right for me.

I don't understand. If they're not stocked by US retailers you're OK to order and take the risk and order "many items" from shops you trust in Japan. But not jeans. You only order these from SE or BIG because you can check with Gordon or Kiya. I'm confused as to your message here - not arguing with it I just don't understand it. Just to put into context I've bought loads of stuff from both SE and BIG and I live in the UK so I don't have the easy return option but I do appreciate the service both retailers offer.