The Strike Gold

TokenIndianKid

^Looks promising so far. Gotta love the uniqueness of the denim.

I took some proper fit pics of my 3109s.. still kinda regretting the waist and why in the world I'd ever go with a 30. I can literally fit my damn fist in them.

p1564851574-4.jpg

p1564851576-4.jpg

^Looks promising so far. Gotta love the uniqueness of the denim.

I took some proper fit pics of my 3109s.. still kinda regretting the waist and why in the world I'd ever go with a 30. I can literally fit my damn fist in them.

I wasn't happy with the waist on my 34" 2109s, they measured 36", I got them reduced to a 33.5". They are now perfect, I'll put some pictures up when I get chance.

I live in the UK and got them done at Denim Doctor in Manchester, maybe a bit too expensive to send here but to me worth every penny. I'm now 100% happy with mine.

I regretted getting a 34" waist but I couldn't have gone any slimmer in the thigh so it worked out for the best in the end.

/\ Interesting. Presumably altered after you'd soaked and washed them and gotten all shrinkage out? So in your experience a tagged size 34 measured 36" raw? Is that flat method or Japanese method e.g. (interior) circumference of waistband?

cheers

Yeah, I had them a year before I decided to get them altered. Measured them laying flat, also the tailor rang me to confirm sizes before he altered them, he also measured 36" waist.

He said the only thing to be aware of is the back pockets will be closer together.

20130429_131400.jpg

20130429_131415.jpg

20130429_131546.jpg

All these Strike Gold evolution pictures are making me think I'll have to grab a pair in the fall.

Not sure if I want the 21XX or the 31XX denim though.  Both seem tempting.

I was considering the 31XX due mainly to the the fact that it is LHT and I don't own any LHT denim yet.

But I've got awhile to think on it, since Kiya said the next restock will be in June sometime.

From what I've seen chainstitching is supposed to start and end on the outseam right?

-start rant-

For some reason my SG's have chainstitching starting and ending on the directly on the inseam. And when I turn them up (becuase they're an inch too long), naturally there is friction between the two sides from regular walking. I can already see that this is going to lead to the stitch unraveling and have had this happen with other shitty jeans in the past. I'm just seriously annoyed that my jeans had to be a pair with this problem. Just offsetting the point a couple inches like my shitty N&F would save me this headache. I really don't want to trek into NYC and blow $40-50 just to have this remedied. 

I guess you can never really be completely satisfied with a pair of jeans, even if they are ridiculously nice and expensive.

-end rant-

^ stop bitching about such unneccessary bs and just wear the god damn things. if they're "an inch too long" as you say, get'em hemmed and re-chainstitched...both problems solved!

and I wouldn't call SG some "shitty jeans" ...that's just me though!

^ stop bitching about such unneccessary bs and just wear the god damn things. if they're "an inch too long" as you say, get'em hemmed and re-chainstitched...both problems solved!

and I wouldn't call SG some "shitty jeans" ...that's just me though!

Didn't call SG's shitty jeans. I said I've had this happen to other shitty jeans and can already foresee this being a problem. These are the most beatiful jeans I've owned. They're the perfect length to do a small turn up the way I like (being 6'3" is nice in that hemming usually isn't necessary). The problem being that the chainstitch is the opposite of the way it should be. If I were to have them re-chainstitched I wouldn't even have them shortened, I'd just have the chainstitching switched around. Like I said It's not worth it to shell out $40-50 to have this fixed at SENY. It's just really frustrating to spend $250+ on a pair of jeans and one small detail ruins what would otherwise be a perfect pair. I don't know why the chainstitching is like this, and I've never seen it like this on SG's and these were direct from Klax On. 

Anyways I respect your opinion ThinFinn. And in the grand scheme of things, it's really not that big of an issue, just kinda frustrating. I'm rocking a look similar to laxlife above and besides this small issue I couldn't be happier with my jeans.

Edited by scoober

Didn't call SG's shitty jeans. I said I've had this happen to other shitty jeans and can already foresee this being a problem. These are the most beatiful jeans I've owned. They're the perfect length to do a small turn up the way I like (being 6'3" is nice in that hemming usually isn't necessary). The problem being that the chainstitch is the opposite of the way it should be. If I were to have them re-chainstitched I wouldn't even have them shortened, I'd just have the chainstitching switched around. Like I said It's not worth it to shell out $40-50 to have this fixed at SENY. It's just really frustrating to spend $250+ on a pair of jeans and one small detail ruins what would otherwise be a perfect pair. I don't know why the chainstitching is like this, and I've never seen it like this on SG's and these were direct from Klax On. 

Anyways I respect your opinion ThinFinn. And in the grand scheme of things, it's really not that big of an issue, just kinda frustrating. I'm rocking a look similar to laxlife above and besides this small issue I couldn't be happier with my jeans.

I was going to say we can take them back or fix it for free but didn't realize they weren't bought from Self Edge.

Hm, even if I don't get why the friction from walking wouldn't cause unraveling if the chainstich started on the outseam, I'm with Finn here. I own not one single pair of jeans that didn't need some fixing, resewing, mending or other care over time. You're complaining about a problem that hasn't occured yet (maybe won't) and is part of the normal evolution of jeans.

Edited by Max Power

I have 3 pairs of jeans, 2 of which has been hemmed and chainstitched by SELA chainstitch starts and ends on the outer leg of the inseam (where the selvedge is at). The other was hemmed somewhere else and noticed that the chainstitch starts and ends from the inner inseam of the leg. So I guess it depends on who you take it to get it hemmed. Just take a look at the factory chainstitch, it's the same as how SE does it.

I was going to say we can take them back or fix it for free but didn't realize they weren't bought from Self Edge.

Ya I figured this would be a non-issue had I ordered from you guys.

Hm, even if I don't get why the friction from walking wouldn't cause unraveling if the chainstich started on the outseam, I'm with Finn here. I own not one single pair of jeans that didn't need some fixing, resewing, mending or other care over time. You're complaining about a problem that hasn't occured yet (maybe won't) and is part of the normal evolution of jeans.

If this were the way that all SG's were then I would feel no need to complain, but like I said before I've never seen SG's like this. It's frustrating when my jeans are breaking down after less than a week of wear. I understand that all jeans need repair at some point but a couple weeks of turned up jeans shouldn't result in the need for repair. Here's a little photo essay showing how this is a problem for me when on the inseam vs not on the inseam:

directly on the inseam = problem:

3ECRYVs.jpg

Offset = no problemo:

00v9yQB.jpg

My SG's after a couple days turned up. Broken stitching highlighted by arrow:

a43r8D3.jpg

I have 3 pairs of jeans, 2 of which has been hemmed and chainstitched by SELA chainstitch starts and ends on the outer leg of the inseam (where the selvedge is at). The other was hemmed somewhere else and noticed that the chainstitch starts and ends from the inner inseam of the leg. So I guess it depends on who you take it to get it hemmed. Just take a look at the factory chainstitch, it's the same as how SE does it.

Who hemmed them?  Why not just take them back and have them redo it?

I didnt feel like going through the process of explaining to them about the situation so i left it as is. The place that did it was local around Arcadia. I'm not very fond on how it came out. So SELA will be go to shop for any alterations for my denim. But there's pros and cons with SELA and the place in Arcadia, is the turn around time, SELA gets the hem done about a week and Arcadia gets it done about a day. But if you want it done right SELA is the shop.

Edited by whackedout

^ Can't say I've had that problem with my SG's (I've owned 3 pairs so far). If I understand correctly this is after they were hemmed though? Regardless of the issue, I usually rock my jawns with one cuff so I usually never had to worry about such a problem. Still need to get my 3109's cleaned up at the hem, but I've been pretty lax about it (no pun intended.. he he). 

What I wore today as well.. 

p1598100552-4.jpg