The Strike Gold

TokenIndianKid

hey i was just looking around at klax on via rakuten and saw these

the denim has a really nice sheen and the patch looks really cool too can anyone shed anymore light on these

heres the link!

http://item.rakuten.co.jp/klax-on/sg101/

im thinking about taking the plunge

but i have the contest jeans to do first, im debating between a nice buzz rickson repro sweater (no red moon haha) or a pair of these

blast

man those cost almost the same as samurai s710xx too expensive for 16oz denim, just 2,000 more yen for samurais

Denim weight does not directly correlate to denim quality.

I think we should all hype this brand up and get Edmond to start buying it so we don't have to read him in the Samurai thread.

• 6 months later...
Denim weight does not directly correlate to denim quality.

I think we should all hype this brand up and get Edmond to start buying it so we don't have to read him in the Samurai thread.

sorry for the delay

this made me lol.

fit pics eduardo!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

just ordered myself, and now that Edmond promised fit pics two years ago and flaked, I'm stoked. He must be keeping them a secret.

Fondled these in NYC last weekend and was really impressed with the denim and works. Needle-work reminds me of PBJ. Raw denim is somewhere around a Eternal/Flat Head texture. Knotty and silvery-grey with tons of vertical irregularity.

Can OP revise thread title?

Does Self Edge cut off the S. Gold redtag on the back pocket? I can't see them on the pics on the Self Edge website.

Hopefully I can get a pair of the SG1105's within a few weeks if I resist spending any money :D

think, ala "in memory of", maybe production sews a rad tab and is cut off before leaving, kind of a reminder/"screw you" to Levi's. Kind of like how SKULL's have a cross embroidered over where it would be.

i love how someone made a snide comment about edmond getting the jeans, but they played themselves since he already had em'. lovely.

This is funny, but I don't think the time difference in posts was noticed. Eddie posted pics something like seven months after he was told to purchase them.

Ohh I love these old threads.

Does Self Edge cut off the S. Gold redtag on the back pocket? I can't see them on the pics on the Self Edge website.

Hopefully I can get a pair of the SG1105's within a few weeks if I resist spending any money :D

yes, it is cut off. but, check the coin pocket when you buy them. a nice little surprise awaits...

The denim used on the ones Edmond has are nothing like what's on their jeans now, that denim was stock denim, what's used now is woven for them and is really great stuff. I'd say a cross between Flat Head's 3XXX denim and Samurai's Texas cotton fiber denim.