The Strike Gold

TokenIndianKid

how soft are the 3109 since they are a left hand twill? the stitching looks so good on them.

I really don't know if I would call them 'soft', they're quite rough actually. My 2105s are ridiculously comfy though. In the past day the 3109's have softened up a bit though.

The 3xxx denim is similar to Samurai, maybe not as rough though. Probably closet feeling is when you first get Flatheads (but it's a completely different weight class).

Edited by laxlife1234

Decided to give my 2105s a wash today.. I think they are around 6 months. Going to put my 3109s on the backburner so I can focus on getting these completely broken in.

Pre---

p1535998602-4.jpg

p1535996530-4.jpg

Post---

p1535996496-4.jpg

p1535996510-4.jpg

Color on them is crazy nice as well. Similar to when I owned a pair of S500's.

^Thanks everyone.

I can't answer that since I own the 2105 and 3109, not the 1109 ;)

The 3109 is more slubby than the 2105, but then again the 3109 aren't like PBJ's - there is definitely some slubbiness to them though.

Ah gotcha! I thought mine was #9 from production and I felt excited, lol.

Here's post soak.. kinda man cause the waist does not fit, it's like an inch too big -_-. I knew I should've gone with the 29's like my 2105s.

p1533547712-4.jpg

p1533547718-4.jpg

I'll either get them hemmed tomorrow or sometime during the week.

nice fit bro. im thinking of grabbing a pair of those. how much shrinkage did you get in the thigh area from presoak to postsoak? because thats what im worried about. my flatheads are 30 and the thigh fits me perfect, they measure just a little over 11in.

Yeah for next time ill take that into account. I should have not done the spin cycle, I only did it on low, so I'm glad I didn't do any faster.

Creases are always a sad thing. And yeah I would skip the spin or just hand wash them.

But I don't have experiences myself since my stuff don't see water except when surprised by aome rainshowers.

nice fit bro. im thinking of grabbing a pair of those. how much shrinkage did you get in the thigh area from presoak to postsoak? because thats what im worried about. my flatheads are 30 and the thigh fits me perfect, they measure just a little over 11in.

They definitely shrunk quite a bit.. Waist is like I said, huge on me. Most of my jeans with an aligned waist is .5"-1" smaller than my measurements.

Aligned - 16.1"

W/ Dip - 15.3"

Thigh - 10.5"

Knee - 7.1"

Hem - 7.0"

Creases are always a sad thing. And yeah I would skip the spin or just hand wash them.

But I don't have experiences myself since my stuff don't see water except when surprised by aome rainshowers.

Yup. I mean.. it's whatever, adds to the character? Haha.

Edited by laxlife1234

how does the sg1109 and sg1105 compare to the flat head f310? im currently wearing a size 30 on my f310's, i feel like i shouldve sized down. i want to thigh to measure at about 10.7" no lower than that and no higher than 11". and the knees to measure under 8". any suggestion on what size i should buy? according to self edge website, the measurements of the sg1105 on size 29 in the thigh area is at exactly 11", i worry that it might shrink too much. and on the size 30 the thigh measures 11.2" and i worry that it may not shrink at all just like my flat head f310.

PBJ and SG have quite a few similarities.

SG's initial denim was developed by PBJ and then tweaked for SG's exclusive use, then two years later the mud dyed weft denim was on SG's jean then a year later on PBJ's jeans. PBJ's president said to me that he helped the husband and wife team from Strike Gold start their company because they were old friends from the early days of the denim industry of Japan.

So does this mean the SG 3109's are similar to the Pure Blue Japan XX-011 which have the gray weft and are also a left hand twill denim. These came out a few years back. Is the denim similar?

Thanks

Does anyone have experience with one washed Srtike Golds? Family member is in Japan and is picking a pair of 1109's up for me and unfortunately Klax On was all out of the unwashed in my size (their website says otherwise), so naturally she ordered a pair of one washed. I'm a little bummed that I won't get the full experience with my first pair of unsanforized jeans. Do companies generally throw one washed pairs in the dryer? Should I expect anything different from typical jeans in this thread?

Most if the Japanese size charts I have seen with Strike Gold describe them being washed once in cold water. But have never purchased a pair so I would not know for sure. Been wondering the same thing though. It seems everyone is out of Raw in the 1109's until the middle of March. Or at least that is what they emailed me

Does anyone have experience with one washed Srtike Golds? Family member is in Japan and is picking a pair of 1109's up for me and unfortunately Klax On was all out of the unwashed in my size (their website says otherwise), so naturally she ordered a pair of one washed. I'm a little bummed that I won't get the full experience with my first pair of unsanforized jeans. Do companies generally throw one washed pairs in the dryer? Should I expect anything different from typical jeans in this thread?

Its a very different experience, they won't fade or feel the same as a pair that has been lightly soaked and air dried.

Jeans which are "one wash" from a brand are industrially washed and dried in huge machines which does a serious number on the fabric.

Its a very different experience, they won't fade or feel the same as a pair that has been lightly soaked and air dried.

Jeans which are "one wash" from a brand are industrially washed and dried in huge machines which does a serious number on the fabric.

Thanks for the reply Kiya. Seriously bummed to hear this. Hopefully they aren't too small and I really hope the quality is still there.

What differences should I expect?

I assume they'll be a little bit smaller sized after one wash and the typical raw denim colour has changed more to the royal blue. But I just have seen a SG in one washed condition on the street a few months ago, so no personal experience by myself (I never wash my raw denim stuff)

Thanks for the reply Kiya. Seriously bummed to hear this. Hopefully they aren't too small and I really hope the quality is still there.

What differences should I expect?

Even though it's a one wash don't think it wont fade.. Fade wise RAW's have the potential to fade with higher contrast, but once they are worn out I doubt you'll be able to tell a difference. With Strike Gold sizing, I find them to run about a size big. I have a size 29W in 2105's, 30W in 3109's and wore a W29 in SG1103ex's. With the exception of the EX's (since they're 23oz), both pairs run big. I made the mistake of getting a 30 in the 3109's, but both my 2105 and 3109 should have been purchased in a 28W.

This is my experience though. Even though the waist runs big, I find that the fit is perfect regardless. As long as you bought your size I think you should be fine.