Leepro Appreciation

gimmegimme

I missed this yesterday...wicked CTB! The jeans look great and I'm really digging the new fit with the Boots and A2...looks great!

For some stupid reason I can't rep you. Will be back to you as soon as...

Cheers, mate!

The A2 is just a Wilson-made jacket I picked up for £38 in a vintage shop...it has hand-warmer pockets, so probably not as authentic as it could be, although I'm no expert...and I've ditched the trainers now for the most part, boots and shoes are the way forward!

right on ctb, love your evo pics. and both look great. one gotto love those 1930s. i still think the details are incredible. love the orange threads and the lighter denim on those.

aho, since i cant read japanese, are those warehouse james dean lee, or are those from ee japan, and they juts also show it on their blog? i remmeber last year it was lee japan, not warehouse wich released those pants. cheers

yeah like fardin said most models are oversized (usually 2") so if you need a size 38 u would be fine with a tagged 36

Looks like they're sanfordized, so a 36 might work. After the waist, rise is the next important factor for me. Will have to wait until these are produced and see how they measure.

Guest redchris

They are sized big mate, but weren't the Jimmy Dean ones altered by wardrobe? I'd check these haven't been done the same.

Talking of alterations, some pics of my Lee Japan 101b's. I think these are the 1946 model? They have 1/2 selvage and "Lee" on all the buttons.

I've had them for 5 years and they are my most faded jeans. I know, pisspoor but I have too many jawns and rotate a lot.

I tore the patch off these a while back in a misguided vegan moment.

I replaced that with a hair on hide patch salvaged from a destroyed pair of 1937's . I also added a piece of leather to the rear pocket as Ilike that feature on the Yamane Leepros.

02022011695.jpg

02022011697.jpg

02022011696.jpg

thats strange but incredible. last year one could onley buy the Cant bust em frisco jeens on the warhouse site. they were sold out in an instant. now i checked out the lee online shop and they have em.

awesome stuff

here is the link to those iconic pants

http://edwin-ec.jp/disp/CSfGoodsPage_001.jsp?GOODS_NO=36254&dispNo=001001&brandCd=201&cateCd=001

As per CrashTestBrummie's advice, cross posted here to tap into your guys' unprecedented Lee knowledge.

Vintage Lee jacket I picked up about 5 months ago. Was virtually deadstock when I got it. Dont know much about it (other than it being a woman's model), but it has a Made in the USA and Union tag in it. Despite it being a womans jacket, the best 8 dollars I've spent on clothing. If you guys have an idea of era, it would be most appreciated.

5418773489_707c5f62db_z.jpg

A link to this store was brought up in the LVC thread, in regard to the jeans they're carrying. I asked about the 1952 Lee 101Z, and it looks like my post dissappeared. So, who makes this jean?

http://shop.sivletto.com/system/search/product.asp?id=1555&m=110&c=424&page=1&rnum=7

Is this the same one that aero leather has for roughly 220 USD on their website?

Yep, those and the Aero both look to be the Edwin versions.

Now that LVC has gone up in price, those look pretty good value.

Most certainly in the UK where LVC's price has gone nuts.

Looks like Aero wants 50 GBP for shipping, which is outrageous when compared to cultizm who ships for less than 20 USD. Looks like I need to find another source for Edwin Lees. Thanks for the heads up on the maker.

Most certainly in the UK where LVC's price has gone nuts.

Looks like Aero wants 50 GBP for shipping, which is outrageous when compared to cultizm who ships for less than 20 USD. Looks like I need to find another source for Edwin Lees. Thanks for the heads up on the maker.

I just couldn't believe it would cost 50 pounds to ship a pair of jeans stateside, so I finally asked and Amanda told me it would be 25 pounds. Which is still way too expensive. But their prices are decent and Amanda is very good about measuring the item. 50 pounds is the price for sending a leather jacket. I am sure they have lost lots of sales because of the 50 pound shipping quote.

Shipping an Aero jacket via airmail insured to the US would be around £50 as it's way over 2 kg - jeans actual cost airsure would be around £20 not including packaging........I sold an Aero jacket a couple of years ago and the cost of shipping UK to Germany was £43.........