Leepro Appreciation

gimmegimme

crosspost from the denim jacket thread.

Received this Lee Japan 101-J cinchback jacket yesterday, this is the 1932 model.

I'm very impressed by both the denim and detailling.

dsc5164w.jpg

dsc5165w.jpg

Great looking jacket Mich, I've been eyeing them up myself.

What's the fit like?

The fit's fitted in the body with somewhat wider shoulders and sleeves.

A lot less boxy than the Levi's type 1 jacket.

• 2 weeks later...
Here's a couple photos showing the progress of the Edwin wartime Lee's. Also. thanks to Mitch, I was inspired to get a Lee Cowboy jacket. Haven't had a dry denim jacket in a while so looking forward to see how it wears.

LeewartimesideII.jpg

Leewartime.jpg

how you sizing on those pants?

currently i'm using 1930 lee-edwin size 34

i'm planning to grab those WWII lee

The fit on that jacket is spot on Crownzip, it looks really good with your worn in Edwin Leepros, they look amazing!

Glad to have inspired you.

Did you also find the sleeves on the jacket to be pretty long compared to other denim jackets?

Ben, those 101B's looks lovely, great color!

Here's a couple photos showing the progress of the Edwin wartime Lee's. Also. thanks to Mitch, I was inspired to get a Lee Cowboy jacket. Haven't had a dry denim jacket in a while so looking forward to see how it wears.

I assume that jacket hasn't been soaked or washed. Planning on wearing it as is? Looks good and fits great.

Hey Setterman, You're right, it was dry unwashed in the photo, but last night I was caught in a heavy downpour biking home. Hung the jacket to dry and found it really didn't shrink any. I find denim jackets rarely need to be washed but if this one does need cleaning I'll treat it like I do any of my denim: cold water wash with a minimum of soap and hang to dry.

Mitch, yes, the sleeves are about an 1.5" longer than other Lee 101J's and Levi's 506XX jackets I've tried on but since the jacket was worn wet, fold lines have formed that make the sleeves fit a little shorter.

dnm, my wartime Lee's are marked 33 but measure out to 35 in the waist. They've been cold water washed about half a dozen times. Hope that helps.

always nice to see CTB's evo

my pair of Real McCoy's Lee 101b, worn about 3-4 months

DSC_0479.jpg

DSC_0480.jpg

DSC_0481.jpg

not much going on yet compared to CTB and crownzip's Lee, but some blues and bit of greencaste already peeking through. Looking forward to how they evolve, currently my favourite pair of jeans

drz, thanks for posting the photos of your Real McCoy's 101b's. I've been rocking mine for the past couple weeks and like yours the denim is fading nice and slow just like original vintage Lee's. Have you washed yours yet? Looks like the Lee leather patch has shrunken a bit just like the real thing. Looking good!

thanks, crownzip. I washed my pair 3 times if i remember correctly, first initial hot wash is to shrink them down, I think that's what makes the patch shrunk. And another 2 wash along the way.

How about some pics of your Lee, crownzip? I reckon they look nice in your last post wearing them :)

Pics on an uncommonly sunny day , for April , of me and my lee 101z 1955 , thanks to JStavrin !!! also of my Sanders boots . 101z are W34 , soaked/washed once , measure waist 34 , knee 9 1/4 , inseam, 34 , leg opening 8 3/4 inches . Lighter indigo than most current/recent Lee repros but probably closer to any original Lee riders I have come across .

003-9.jpg

005-2.jpg

Jeans and boots like great!

But a sweater, in this weather?! You gotta be sweating, if the temperature is anything like in Brum at the moment! :)

Cheers CTB , I am actually wearing a thermal t shirt . Whilst it is sunny there is a breeze blowing in Belfast .

The jeans are long on me but i am double cuffing them , just wanted to show the hem in the pics . The yellow stitching really stands out on the lighter indigo .

As for the boots , well the Sanders are my go to boots but I cant wait to get my Malton back from Shoehealer .

• 2 weeks later...

Several years ago Edwin Lee did a killer job reproducing the old 40's long L Lee house marked work dungarees from the 40's. I've had these going on eight years now. They really nailed the high rise, wide cut legs and crotch rivet of the classic work dungaree. The Lee label, buttons and rivets are all scary how true they are to originals.

Leefront-8.jpg

Leeback-8.jpg

Leelabel-1.jpg

Leewaistbutton.jpg