Leepro Appreciation

gimmegimme

With a heavy heart, I've decided that I need to actually sell this. I've tried before, but removed the listing thinking I'd make an attempt at wearing it, but it never seems to happen. I just don't think denim jackets are for me. This is deadstock (mid-90s, I think) Denime--own a piece of history:

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?p=2803737#post2803737

IMG_3435.jpg

Evening all...can any of you lot help with some information on this jacket? Just picked it up for £30 in TK Maxx and wanted to know if it was worth keeping.

Dry denim, no country of origin specified (although there was a similar one for sale with a different inside tag specifying China), and with a Lee Japan tag which, confusingly, gave a waist and inseam measurement so possibly meant for jeans!

Sorry for the overcast pics:

scaled.php?server=651&filename=dscf3151b.jpg&res=medium

scaled.php?server=543&filename=dscf3152r.jpg&res=medium

scaled.php?server=3&filename=dscf3153s.jpg&res=medium

scaled.php?server=850&filename=dscf3154b.jpg&res=medium

scaled.php?server=10&filename=dscf3157z.jpg&res=medium

scaled.php?server=193&filename=dscf3158pb.jpg&res=medium

scaled.php?server=718&filename=dscf3161u.jpg&res=medium

^Those tags are just like the ones on my repro of a 1930s Lee jacket from the Edwin Lee Archives line.

Here is the link for the 1946 101 repro lot 1013

http://www.lee-japan.jp/archives/detail/archive13.html

19,950 yen (click on the raw color version)

You got yourself a super deal.

Yeah? Happy days, cheers!

Might be worth other UK-based peeps on here having a gander in their local TK Maxx, then. I looked for any jeans, but no luck.

Kinda happy with the jacket, anyway! :D

It will be an Edwin Leepro Ben, possibly made in China with Japanese denim.

The Edwin Leepro pieces that are made in china usually are clearly marked as such in English, so if it doesn't have that text it is probably made in Japan. The MIJ ones are usually only identified as to country of manufacture in Japanese.

Guest rusholmeruffian
The Edwin Leepro pieces that are made in china usually are clearly marked as such in English, so if it doesn't have that text it is probably made in Japan. The MIJ ones are usually only identified as to country of manufacture in Japanese.

I was told by aeroleather some time ago that Edwin were moving most of their manufacturing, inc. The leepros, to China.

I would agree that most Mic have this marked. Tho I have had Edwin leepros with " JPN " on the wash label and "made in China" on the card flasher.

I don't think it makes a massive difference. Edwin seem all over the quality control of all their sources.

Problem for bargain hunters is that, with t k tatt's distribution expertise, all 500 of those jackets will be in Brum.

Looks a good fit Ben, I believe those jackets have a little bit of shrinkage in them. Do you have room for that?

Possibly not, as I'd struggle to get the jacket comfortably fastened at the moment. Plus, I like my sleeves to be relatively long...might have to see if a 42 is lying around today.

Or just never wash it!

hi folks,

just an update on my 1966 101z, don´t know for how long i wore them but must be arround 1-2 years now.

They look amazing !! . I never had patience with mine , pity as yours are great .Just bought two pair of 1952 101z in the last week for £99.99 http://www.unionclothing.co.uk/Lee/Lee_101Z_Rider_Japanese_Selvedge_Jean

Never had much luck with Lees' but hopefully these will work out . Bought mine to size and wear them high on the waist . Loose , but authentic fit .

Btw Ben , love the shooting boots on the shoe thread . You done it again

not a vintage nor a Jap repro; Lee 101J stormrider jacket from the Lee icons line

A question to everyone, where does the Icons collection fit with the 101 line? I know 101 is their "premium" line but a notch below the Japanese repro/collab stuff.

I'm just trying to figure out how much different this is from the 101 version other than it's rinsed:

http://www.unionclothing.co.uk/Jackets/Lee_Storm_Rider_Sherpa_Denim_Jacket_/