gimmegimme

Leepro Appreciation

Enough about Levi's...let's appreciate the Lee repros (while they last). Link to jubei's great post on vintage Lee details, and lildavid's link to a Lee info page.

The famous Samurai Jin 0110xj's:

3yp2kqe.jpg

The matching jacket (0111xj)

61nkshj.jpg

Real McCoy collabo 101z (also available in button fly - 101b)

4tibo7d.jpg

Studio D'Artisan D1325

6f9lvg9.jpg

Great thread!

Both the Sugarcane and the Buzz rickson one are awesome,

and Warehouse has done some good work aswell.

45rpm has a model wich might not count as a repro but surely is inspired.

This from the top of my head, am in a hurry!

I'm curious to see if some of the more unknown brands (atleast on here) are doing these aswell.

The Lee Riders for kids actually had that leather patch on the left pocket. Only thing that differs with the B&G version is it had the cloth tag on the inside of the waistband.

Interesting. They would have just had the one leather patch though, right?

Interesting. They would have just had the one leather patch though, right?

they had the one on the waistband too. the backpocket stitching was also horizontal like that and huge bartacks. that's almost a 100% replica.

they had the one on the waistband too. the backpocket stitching was also horizontal like that and huge bartacks. that's almost a 100% replica.

Very cool. Not everyday you come across a reproduced pair of kid's jeans.

^^ I love that pic Paul.

i used to own a pair of Sugarcane Lee repros, the 1945's, but unfortunately wasnt loving the fit and decided to sell them. after wearing a bunch of other slim fitting jeans, most of the Lee repros i've seen aren't slim enough for my tastes at my waist size. =\

what are the most slim fitting japanese lee repros? probably the war era models, but even those seem like they aren't necessarily a slim fit by sufu standards, or am i mistaken? the euro gold label 101z's look slim but i'm more partial to japanese made ones. or do i need to be looking at other brands like the Samurai Jin, etc? i already know the Sugarcanes dont fit how i want though. maybe i just need to go to Taipei and find a cheap pair of modern slim fitting Lee's... i love Lee's marketing in Chinese-speaking countries.

Stormy blue 401

I've been studying stormy blues a lot lately. If the dubbleworks jeans weren't in the near future I would have bought some 421s already...I still might I want them badly

img10041112295.jpegimg10041112294.jpeg

i used to own a pair of Sugarcane Lee repros, the 1945's, but unfortunately wasnt loving the fit and decided to sell them. after wearing a bunch of other slim fitting jeans, most of the Lee repros i've seen aren't slim enough for my tastes at my waist size. =\

what are the most slim fitting japanese lee repros? probably the war era models, but even those seem like they aren't necessarily a slim fit by sufu standards, or am i mistaken? the euro gold label 101z's look slim but i'm more partial to japanese made ones. or do i need to be looking at other brands like the Samurai Jin, etc? i already know the Sugarcanes dont fit how i want though. maybe i just need to go to Taipei and find a cheap pair of modern slim fitting Lee's... i love Lee's marketing in Chinese-speaking countries.

The Jin's are probably the slimmest lee-inspired jean you'll find.

those stromy blues might be pretty slim as well... I've seen them on a few fit models and the fit was not as hip flare-y as most Lees are

I never understood why they put darts on the dry bones model... buckleback mdoesl are usually looser straight leg fits, so why bother slimming it?

doesn't the umii908 line from 45rpm have lee-inspired details on their jeans?

at least in the backpocket shape, i don't recall there being lee bartacks or any other touches.

my Edwin Leepros thus far:

lee1934.jpglee1936.jpglee1944.jpg

101B 1934 (I think it looks the same as the 1928 I see in pictures on japanese sites. Only difference is the arcs but its sold as a 1934 repro in Europe so thats what I'll call it), 101B 1936 (Hair On Hide), 101B 1944

Bonus pic: These are a nice washed replica of 1930's 131's called Pete Bonham, I guess these are European made but still great jeans

lee1930.jpg

came with this orange wrapper in the left front pocket:

peteorangewrapper.jpg

next I'm getting the WWII model from 1942. YEAH!

The Pete Bonhams look great - the Edwin ones still take a lot of beating, only the Sammies are in the same league in my opinion. Maybe I should buy one or the other. I have a gap in my denim calendar exactly two and a half years from now...

damn, so true vintage. we had a buddy lee doll on loan at denim bar and it was so cool.

Buddy Lee by Evis (Pinched from your book Paul...I hope you don't mind)

You're welcome.

Hopefully you remember the story from the book about the time there was a flood in Kansas. Rescue helicopters were called out, in response to reports about children drowning. Only when they got close did they realise it was the factory's stock of Buddy Lee dolls floating in the water...