Leepro Appreciation

gimmegimme

lovely dungarees; they actually have those at the Lee flagship store in Antwerp. Lots of other nice Archives goodies as well

• 1 month later...
i've a few pairs of lees that are a bit ambiguous on where they come from - the label gives the details of the importer (czech republic iirc) but not where they were made... will they be the eastern europe made lees?

I think they're probably the ones made in Poland. I had a great pair (from American Classics) but I sold them so I cant check the label. Paul T has posted some great images of several pairs of his on here somewhere. Nice jeans.

These wartime Edwin Lee's have a less contrasty fade compared to other Lee's that to my eye are in keeping with vintage 40's Lee's. Unlike LVC which I think still uses a cotton/poly thread, Lee's are sewn with all cotton thread so you get more thread wear just like the originals. Notice how the arcuate stitching is almost worn away. I've also had the re-stitch part of one of the back pockets. They've seen a lot of wear but have only been cold water washed a couple times and hung to dry.

LeefrontI-1.jpg

Leeback-9.jpg

LeefrontCU-1.jpg

Leebackpocket.jpg

Leerivet-1.jpg

I'm interested in picking up a pair of lee 101's like this

http://us.asos.com/LEE-101-Lee-101-S-K-Selvage-Dry-Straight-Jeans/w2l7k/?iid=1496880&SearchQuery=lee%20101&Rf-700=1001&Rf-400=12322&sh=0&pge=0&pgesize=20&sort=-1&clr=Kselvagedry&mporgp=L0xlZS0xMDEvTGVlLTEwMS1TLUstU2VsdmFnZS1EcnktU3RyYWlnaHQtSmVhbnMvUHJvZC8.

But there isnt much info of them on this thread or online in general, has anyone had experience with lee 101? or seen anything about the quality or sizing?

• 4 weeks later...

Is anyone able to give me any info on this? Is it an Edwin Lee or Lee Japan? or indeed someone else. When was it made, how many etc etc? I'm told it's a repro of a barn find but that's pretty much all I know about it.

Thanks

2e2jgwn.jpg

att1yd.jpg

xmvers.jpg

69l30z.jpg

2iaz7rp.jpg

Cool. any further info? Do you know how much it was selling for? and/or do you still have a link to the item on my svpply?

warehouse.co.jp seems to link to a gaming company or something

I could kiss you!!!! you've made me a happy man.

BTW- i notice the one on that link is slightly different... it's a 1966 embroidery and also has embroidery on the arm.

Would mine be an older repro?

• 2 weeks later...

I need help dating a Lee denim jacket. The tag says made in the USA and the buttons say "Lee Riders", they have nothing stamped on the back. It also only has two flap pockets on the breast, no slash pockets or hidden inside pocket. Any help would be appriciated.I