supertalk6
chris_n

Full Count Denim Thread

I agree with Geeman. If the measurements works for you, I would size down one size. My size 33 1101 measure 35.5 in the waist after a week of wear.

1 hour ago, Geeman said:

Rule of thumb with Fullcount is size down one. Very forgiving denim and comfortable top blocks. 

Go one wash, take the guesswork out.

perfect. i tried on the 1109 onewash, not sure the store does a 1110 one wash. if i get one wash - will the waist still stretch out? also - ALL shinkage is gone after one wash, correct (just trying to avoid having jeans too tight on thighs again)

if there is no 1110 one wash - any idea how the thighs would end up on a 32 or 33 waist (my natural waist 34)

On 3/30/2017 at 7:56 AM, beautiful_FrEaK said:

If I’m not completely wrong the 1110 is slimmer and more tapered than the 1109. The 1109 is rather a slim/narrow straight (with only a gentle taper) whereas the 1110 is slim and has significant taper.
The Z refers to Zipper. The 1110 exists as a version with zipper and with buttons. The XX however refers to the denim and is the Full Count’s 15.5oz denim. The 1100Z or 1110 come in Full Count’s flagship denim with 13.7oz. Both denims are made of Zimbabwe cotton. The XX denim is also darker than the regular denim but also fades slower (from what I have seen).

The Okaya site is describing the 1110 as "true slim tapered, ample room in middle rise, comfortable sized thighs, with aggressive taper to leg opening". desribes the 1009 as "low rise, narrow top block, slim knees and taper to leg opening". goes on to suggest 1110 for wider thighs - that seem accurate/reasonable? when you say the 1110 is slimmer than 1109 makes me question if the Okaya statements are accurate. trying to decide between 1110 and 1109 or maybe even the 1108 - but from pictures i prefer the 1110 or 1109 aesthic. anyways just want to make sure i'm getting the info right!

https://www.okayamadenim.com/blogs/news/find-your-fit-which-fullcount-pair-is-best-for-you

47 minutes ago, jsky808080 said:

The Okaya site is describing the 1110 as "true slim tapered, ample room in middle rise, comfortable sized thighs, with aggressive taper to leg opening". desribes the 1009 as "low rise, narrow top block, slim knees and taper to leg opening". goes on to suggest 1110 for wider thighs - that seem accurate/reasonable? when you say the 1110 is slimmer than 1109 makes me question if the Okaya statements are accurate. trying to decide between 1110 and 1109 or maybe even the 1108 - but from pictures i prefer the 1110 or 1109 aesthic. anyways just want to make sure i'm getting the info right!

https://www.okayamadenim.com/blogs/news/find-your-fit-which-fullcount-pair-is-best-for-you

Its interesting that their size guides suggest otherwise - the 1109 has the same hem as a 1108 but slimmer knees and thighs #bootcut. The 1110 have a high rise and wider thighs than a 1108 but from the knee down they are a very aggressive taper I had to peel mine off after every wear. tigerstrom 1101 look great but again the okayama sizing suggest these are slimmer than a 1108 and I find the thigh on these too tight in my usual 34 waist (don't know why this is bold text sorry all)

size 32 on all the cuts will get u yr desired 34 waist easy after stretch (even in one wash). then it's just a matter of working out which form/shape/fit of the cuts u like best. in the old cuts, the thigh width gradually increases from 1108 to 1101 to 0105. since 1101 has a looser top block it feels like it has more taper than 1108. 1109 should be tighter than 1108 and pretty much same shape. 1110 has the currently popular "relaxed taper" fit. 1101 i think is the easiest wearing if you're worried about the thighs/legs being too tight but don't want the super relaxed fit of the 0105.

7 hours ago, jsky808080 said:

perfect. i tried on the 1109 onewash, not sure the store does a 1110 one wash. if i get one wash - will the waist still stretch out? also - ALL shinkage is gone after one wash, correct (just trying to avoid having jeans too tight on thighs again)

if there is no 1110 one wash - any idea how the thighs would end up on a 32 or 33 waist (my natural waist 34)

Yes the one wash will still stretch out, I can't comment on a 32-33 measurements as I wear 31. 

Also,... what Ooms said.

4 hours ago, oomslokop said:

size 32 on all the cuts will get u yr desired 34 waist easy after stretch (even in one wash). then it's just a matter of working out which form/shape/fit of the cuts u like best. in the old cuts, the thigh width gradually increases from 1108 to 1101 to 0105. since 1101 has a looser top block it feels like it has more taper than 1108. 1109 should be tighter than 1108 and pretty much same shape. 1110 has the currently popular "relaxed taper" fit. 1101 i think is the easiest wearing if you're worried about the thighs/legs being too tight but don't want the super relaxed fit of the 0105.

perfect. from pictures i can see on the full count site of guys wearing the jeans (although they may have different builds than western men)-  i like the look of 1108, 1110 and sometimes 1109 (but dont like the lower rise of the 1109 on me). the 1101 looks a bit too relaxed for what i'm going for - so i think it will be between the 1108 or 1110. would the 1108 and 1110 have similar thigh measurements? or 1108 wider thigh?

i hope the store has one wash then should be relatively easy to size with your advice re waist (thanks!!)

ps: when you say "old cuts" - i think you mean with arcs/tabs? the ones at the london stocklist still have arcs (tabs removed). i think i saw on here arcs/tabs going which may mean new cut coming too?

Edited by jsky808080

old cuts = fc's three flagship cuts, 1108, 1101, 0105. the thighs on the 1108 are not spacious by any means, 1110 has a little more room up top on the thigh/crotch but way more taper.

45 minutes ago, oomslokop said:

old cuts = fc's three flagship cuts, 1108, 1101, 0105. the thighs on the 1108 are not spacious by any means, 1110 has a little more room up top on the thigh/crotch but way more taper.

seems the 1108 thigh with 32 waist is around 12.5 - unless it shinks up but i'll try to go with onewash. i just wanted thighs to be around 11.9 - 12.3. 

I can tell you the thighs will probably be tighter on the 1108. My size 34 and 35 have around 12.25-12.5" thighs after a wash so the size 32 should be slimmer. But if you can handly 11.9" it could work.

Edited by beautiful_FrEaK

i wear 32 in 1108. if u can wait till next week i can give u real life measurements of a 4yo pair.

Edited by oomslokop
more info

On 11/8/2018 at 12:06 PM, beautiful_FrEaK said:

I can tell you the thighs will probably be tighter on the 1108. My size 34 and 35 have around 12.25-12.5" thighs after a wash so the size 32 should be slimmer. But if you can handly 11.9" it could work.

the 3 sixteens i have now are 11.4 thights (fine when standing but annoy me when at work sitting down). i think 11.9 would be all good. having a few days from the forum does seem over the top to analyse 11.4 vs 11.9 - but in my mind it makes a difference. thanks for the detailed info.