Full Count Denim Thread

chris_n

Curse you guys' 0105 love, and the weak yen!  And-japan has a pair of standard 0105s for me I'm going to order in a couple days. Any thing I should be aware of in the order process? Anyone getting hit with customs?  How fast is the shipping?    

Nice pickup setter, was going for a pair myself with -and- until that BiG sale came up...Now that my WH are either lost or stolen, I'm thinking of getting that 0105...

Now if only they'd release it in the Wild Cotton (non WWII issue)...

EDIT: per their response on facebook, apparently they ARE releasing a Wild Cotton pair...that settles it...

;)

Edited by aho

Good to see some FC love these days.

I'm fortunate enough to now own three pairs of Fullcount, all in different denim: their flagship denim, the BiG contest denim, and the 15th anniversary 1108 green-cast denim (all three pairs for a total of $340!)

I haven't handled the contest denim yet, but the flagship and 15th anniversary denim are unlike any other that I have seen or felt.  The softness of hand and weight are stunning.  Both denim feel lighter than their weight suggest.  Shame that I won't be breaking in any of these pairs any time soon, but fortunately the evolution of each of these fabrics has been well documented.

Of all the Japanese houses, I like the details of Fullcount the most.  The curved back pockets, waistband/patch stitching, arcuates, and red tab really set them apart (Warehouse too, when you can get arcs + tab but that's much less common).

With the low strength of the JPY, it's a wonder why this thread isn't blowing up.  At $240 shipped worldwide, and $130 for the BiG 0105C, now is as good as ever to experience Fullcount!

I'm overseas away from most of my denim collection, so I can't snap any pictures of them.  However, this blog shows the evolution of the denim over a year at monthly intervals:

http://strike3.blog100.fc2.com/blog-entry-59.html

Here's the end result:

Fullcount1108-15_12_01a.jpgFullcount1108-15_12_02a.jpg

Also some other great examples of worn-in FC's on the same blog.

Edited by PeterParker

Some new tees - the blue ones are indigo dyed and the grey one is certainly using their fuzzy Zimbabwe cotton...

4676b52d3669844dea4363a18d0e335c_zpsd9ab

decdf70c4d4bc783c5b99fcfc49c8b3b_zps496f

1e61945a80e0ee8ce3e0cf80232a717c_zps9a2e

b155074c13c13419f26e59581af89079_zpsf450

Also got a new shirt - Linen/Modal...

1a84c9b5015a7bc256adaf800de83289_zpsb0b1

9c9e81f6e7051622c3916b984d8d8219_zpsef00

d710ad61c3b48e6448ab87d0ff424e3d_zpsb647

9322c96476ee0decc25f2e14a725ac45_zpsa110

642cc1d7dbe7d17c0def7d4cd8731230_zps925a

Very nice pick-ups Foxy. Did you order through Take5?

Peter Parker: couldn't agree more about the details and quality of Fullcount's flagship denim. Now that my denim wear is reduced to salary man status, I have this point every day when I get out of my suit and into my 1101 and go "Ahhhh"! Truly a pleasure to wear.

Actually only 1 of tees - Take5 had a bit of a problem getting orders processed from FullCount.

It had been said here that there was a disagreement over regional exclusivity and that Take5 will stop stocking/distributing FullCount.

The shirt I had to get from Rakuten as it was immediately sold out on FullCount's web store.

Dug my old 0105Cs out recently, I'd forgotten how great that denim is, and how dark it stayed even with a ton of washes. And that 1653 was about the worst fucking cut they coulda chosen to use up the last of that contest denim. Shoulda asked the people who were in the contest what they wanted... I'd have gladly bought another pair of 0105s made of it.

Good news, my 0105s from and-japan are in Indianapolis, and should be in NWPA tomorrow.

Been wearing my LVC 1890s for most of the summer. But took advantage of the last of the summer sunshine to wash my FC. HEre's a few quick n dirty shots. (Literally... didn't get all the dirt out).

Comparison shot at the end is with LVC 47 and 55, both of them two or three washes. THis was the 1108's first machine wash. FC1_zps5ab75fc9.jpg

FC2_zpsbfe60daf.jpg

FCfulllength_zps36c299fa.jpg

FCtrio_zpsed0df833.jpg

My last few jeans have been SDA 103XX, the Edwin Lees and now these.

They're great jeans - they capture the graininess of 60s Levi's denim really well, and they fade nice and slowly, without the exaggeratied slubiness of a lot of Japanese denim. But they're definitely easier to fade than my SDA.

The fabric is some of my favourite, alongside the 50s Cone. Lots of subtle design touches, most especially the back pockets, which are splayed slightly, with a concave top edge, beautiful. I'm guessing it's a rayon red tab, either way it wears in more nicely than LVC's nylon. I like the cotton arc stitching, but it wears in a bit too quickly.

For some reason you get the broken threads in the honeycombs that are common on LVC. This pair of FC has more broken threads courtesy of my changing the battery on my old VOlvo. I need to get the crotch repaired before I can wear them again  - I want to put all my more worn pairs, including the LVCs and Lee, back on regular rotation, before I start a new pair.

Had a chance to measure jeans, slightly different measurements than what is on BIG's website for a size 36. Half inch less at waist and thigh, quarter inch more front rise, 38" inseam. Not sure if FC altered the pattern at some point.