Full Count Denim Thread

chris_n

Im not sure if you need to up your post count, but if you have a photobucket account, just copy the direct image link, click the image icon in the reply tool bar and paste the link in there and it should work.  

Excellent,cheers for that I'll give it a go.

I seriously suggest tracking down someone with a Union Special.  The roping effect is really a nice feature, and in my opinion absolutely necessary.  Might as well go all in, right?  Where do you live?

yeah I know! :) That's what has put me off doing hemming at a regular place...

I'm in Melbourne, Australia - don't know that there are any union special hemming places around here.. I haven't been able to find any.

When I bought some Studio D'artisan's from BiG some years ago, I was able to (luckily) accurately guess how much I needed to get them hemmed prior to them being shipped.  Wasn't able to do that with AND even if I wanted to.

interesting quote from iron heart's haraki-san in an excellent interview with @saintkeat in the hall of fade site:

Saintkeat: I see that Iron Heart has stopped using Zimbabwe cotton and have switched to USA cotton. Why the switch?

Haraki-san: There are 2 reasons. Someone in Japan is controlling Zimbabwe cotton. That someone has started adding a green tone to Zimbabwe cotton; this is not what I want. To make pure blue, it was essential to switch to USA cotton.

im posting this here coz i wonder if the "green tone" is responsible for that "tea"-coloured weft we see in some of fc's newer denim? 
Edited by oomslokop

I think your reffering to the "wild cotton" that fullcount uses on the 1100 and for what i think is a limited run of 1108' and 0105's , there standard denim is still the same as it has allways been

Are you still wearing your 1108's mate or have you switched to the SDA's ? ( great looking pair of jeans )

Edited by Flash

yep that's the one. on rakuten google translate says the weft is the colour of tea if i remember correctly. 

re: 1108 v. SDA, i wear both! though not at the same time, i'm not ruedi. :D 

im currently switching between my SDA-101 and FC 0105xx.  Both are amazing, even though the fit is almost identical.  I still have a feeling of regret deep down when its not a Full Count day though.  Id love to see some more of us cop the 0105xx, its such a great fit.  

^ Have you posted a fit pic of your 0105XX since you had them hemmed? Would be great to see them without the big cuff you had before (though the fit looked really good all the same). The cut is def on my radar but not for a while yet. I'll be starting on my 1101 in a week and a half from now, as my summer pair. Hopefully they'll work in the Hong Kong heat  :unsure: ...

haha, yea. I think it will be hard, but doable.  When I was in the Amazon jungle, it was 90 degrees  and like 95% humidity.  I honestly dont think I could have pulled off jeans, so I feel where you are coming from.   

I was fondling my 1108's last night ( i still need to sell these) and actually really miss the 13.7 oz denim.  As much as I love the 15.5xx, the original denim is something else.  Im starting to really get into the texture of denim, and the Full Counts, both weights, are like a dream come true.  

before.jpg

after.jpg

side.jpg

Sorry for delay in posting up the pics,the top black sweat is pre 2 hr hot soak and the other 2 grey sweat, are after.

I'm fairly pleased with the fit,sorry its only iphone pics, but for people considering the 1108xx they give you a rough idea.

I'm considering ordering some 1109xx but I'll see how these go for now.

Thanks,yeah I'm just going to let them settle for a while then run them down to Son of a stag in London to get them chain stitched,because at present it looks like I have a couple of ring doughnuts in the hem.

How long do these take to settle if wearing everyday?