Unknown Japanese Brands

ktouran6923

I agree that the lighting on the photo is slighty misleading.

but it's the same. If you look in the happyjeans blog there's already a slighty faded sample from some japanese chap and the fabric it's fairly recognisable from those pics.

meanwhile I've started my quest for a next pair of 60's jeans. I tell you that I am tempted to buy another pair of TCB's but maybe I should try something else. I would be intrigued to keep trying some other japanese repro small scale brand rather than get something from the bigger/well known brands. I'd love to try a pair of porky's 66, I've seen some pretty remarkable fades and also the price is VERY tempting. only problem is that apparently they don't make a W36 size on the 66 cut, while they have 36 38 and even 40 for their XX model and they go up to 36 in their 44 model. I just tried to shoot them an email let's see if they can sort me out. I've been considering OOE as well and Resolute of course, but somehow I just enjoy more to try out less known brands. it's part of the fun!

Any other reccomendation for 66 cuts from other smaller scale japanes brands?

Porky's would have been a nice pick. Keep in mind their 66 model uses a different denim than the XX model (froem which I saw the amazing fades).

I would still count OOE to the small scale brands but chances are high that they are sold out at th moment.

SC1966 would be also a great pick. Not a unknown brand but a rare taken model from them.

Boncoura has a 66 model

thanks for the tips Til!

yeah I think I lost the good time to pull the trigger on the OOE's, either I'll wait for another restock (if any!) or look for something else.

Boncoura looks good too but they're slighty too expensive. for that price I'd rather buy a pair of shoes or a jacket.

I hope that Porky's will reply to me for now! meanwhile I'll keep looking around!

IIRC I contacted Porkys some months ago and never got an answer..hope youe have more luck! Although I am not sure if they will make a bigger size by request like TCB would.

The basic Denime 66 would also be an option and you won’t find them a lot around here

I know I am picky but I just can't stand AW's pocket arcs! and I love the romance of dealing with japanese people and always not being 100% sure that they understood what i meant, you know it!

Another great pair of 60's jeans that I'd love to try are warehouse duckdiggers lot 1960's but those ugly marijuana shaped pocket arcs are a total deal breaker for me!

Edited by volvo240thebest

Finally, some fit pics of the TCB60s on me. These are pre soak, and these have some serious shrinking to do. Waist should be fine, but I thought 60s was supposed to be a slimmer fit... my legs must be skinnier than I thought :-) I'm thinking a 60 degree wash followed by a turn in the dryer might be in order. These are TTS (my waist measures 32) and sizing down wasn't an option as it was an ebay purchase. they're very comfy though.

These are very quick and rough pictures. Just grabbed a quick

Sorry for crappy iPad pics. Denim is gorgeous on these BTW.

16615493059_81c093287b_c.jpg

16179286354_5f1e6be338_c.jpg

they'll be great afterwards! I'd go with a 30°C wash first with no detergent and hang dry and then see if you really need more shrinking. better be cautious!

and re 60's cut, this is apparently a true repro 66 cut, so the taper is not as prominent as in other 66 inspired cuts.