SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

i just bought some levi 501 stf's and got a W38 L36

im usually a W36 L30 or 32

i soaked them in hot water for an hour but had to take them out since people had to use the shower. i let them dry overnight then wore em after they were completely dry. there still a lil too long is there any way to shrink them any more? my only concern is there length, not the tightness of the jeans.

Working on making my own jeans here, so some quick sourcing questions:

Where can I purchase polycore thread for sewing denim?

Where can I find rivets and rivet-working tools for the denim?

Also, would anybody know where to source small amounts of high-end selvedge denim, when I'm through practicing with scraps?

Thanks!

heya im thinking of buying some cheap mondays. only cause i love the fit and i'm a bit broke atm. anywho, can someone please take a look and tell me if these two are the same thing?

http://item.rakuten.co.jp/mix/cheapmonday4/

which is what i want

however, when I ebay this, I only find them under the womans section

but i've asked some people around at SUFU selling cm's and they told me most cm jeans are unisex.

anywho, can someone please confirm?

girls one

http://cgi.ebay.com/Women-Cheap-Monday-Jeans-Skinny-Unwashed-Raw-29_W0QQitemZ110259170546QQihZ001QQcategoryZ11554QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#kdwpdSHIPPING

http://cgi.ebay.com/Like-new-Cheap-Monday-Jeans-sz-29x32_W0QQitemZ120269806122QQihZ002QQcategoryZ11554QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

thanks. please get back to me via pm if possible as i easily get lost :) and can't find my way back haha

i need help.

i have a pair of 5010 skulls in a 32. the waist is alittle loose and the seat is loose.could have easily sized down on the skulls. how would 710's fit in a size 31. to tight in the waist anywhere else?

thanks

I believe you should be fine with a 31...

what size LVC 1890 should i buy if i wear W32 in everything else?

depends. how do you wear your pants?

i wear a 34, and i got a 34 in my 1890, they were snug as hell for a while but since its 9 oz denim they stretch like crazy.

remember they fit on these is really awkward so you know the risks you take when you get them.

Can anyone recommend me a place to get my denim hemmed in the Soho area? I plan on going into the city this weekend and would like to get my sexio4's inseam shortened a bit. If I drop off the pair in the morning and shop around for a bit would it be possible to pick it up after 2-3 hours or so? Thanks to all replies mates.

A price estimation would be helpful too. Cheers

these responses are kind of misleading. if the jeans were sanforized then you don't have anything to worry about. honestly, don't worry about it. wabi sabi

So, just to be totally clear (and look like an idiot) if raw jeans are unsanforized soak in cold water first, if saniforized don't bother?

I've just got some h&m raws off ebay, i'm guessing they are not sanforized. I think they are the ones from when they launched the & line, rather than sliqs.

you can get jeans hemmed by a union special @ blue in green(8 greene st. soho) for like 30 bucks. great work, and customer service. get a pair while youre there. yuji can hem, but gordon is preferred.

you can get jeans hemmed by a union special @ blue in green(8 greene st. soho) for like 30 bucks. great work, and customer service. get a pair while youre there. yuji can hem, but gordon is preferred.

Thanks for the reply. How long would it normally take just to take a couple inches off the inseam? Or is it like when you get suits tailored you drop your pair off and then come back after a week or so to pick them up...?

I think it depends on their current workload, but they could probably do it in a day

Well I'll be in Soho for around 3 hours or so. Hopefully they can finish it within that time...there's no such thing as them shipping the pair to you is there? :rolleyes:

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic