SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

I just won these dior jeans on eBay for cheap, though I'm having second thoughts about whether they are genuine, the guy also says he can't find the care tag which is bothering me, but he also said they are from 2004 though I'm almost certain they are from spring 2005 if they are legit.

pics are in the auction here:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110468160898&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

I can tell you that I looked far and wide for a great bootcut. I've settled on a pair of Iron Heart IH-461S. They are a slight bootcut -- before I got into raw denim I wore a lot of Diesel Zathans and Ruehl Vandams and the 461s are not as flared out as those. I've worn a pair of Nudie Ralphs and they're kinda like that.

And damn they are stubborn -- a 21 ounces, they're pretty heavy. Everything else feels like paper. I love it. Urban battle armor.

A friend of mine has a pair of Studio D'Artisan SD-105s and they looked pretty well cut as well. Similar to the Iron Heart 461s in that they didn't seem really flared.

Do you have any fit pics?

I'm looking for something similar to the new standard fit, but without the hip flare. The hem has to be between 7.5 to 8" and I'd like a rise just a bit lower than the NS, something like .5 to 1" lower. I don't like any sort of decoration, especially on the back pockets, just a clean and unbranded look, leather patches are ok.

Thanks

Edited by sixsails

My APC NS is starting to fall apart. I'm looking for something in a relaxed slim / straight fit that will hold up better than the APCs, preferably sub £100. I was looking at LVC 1947 but they are nearly £150.

recommendations?

doubt much will hold up any better in that price range, maybe N&F but I've seen some shotty construction on those as well.

I'd just repair your APC's if they are repairable, otherwise you'll probably have to spend a little more

Can i use Oxy-Clean to get the yellowish tint out of my APCs? or will it just bleach the indigo away.

posted in small questions thread to not shit up the already shat up apc thread.

Don't know if this is a silly question or not, but whatever; what's the deal with one-wash ? How come they're almost always cheaper and does it affect the fading somehow ?

as far as i'm aware, raw and one wash should be the same price. PBJ's raw and one wash are of the same price...

No, it doesn't affect fading (not noticeable).

Can i use Oxy-Clean to get the yellowish tint out of my APCs? or will it just bleach the indigo away.

Don't do it. It would have to stay that way if regular washing doesn't remove it.

hi

So I bought a pair of APC PS in size 27

I made a mistake of sizing down only 1 cause it fit nicely and I was trying to move away from a skin tight fit.

The jeans is fully stretched out now (2.5 months of everyday wear)

but my question is, if I taper the jeans overall to slim it down, maybe down to the fit that I got on day 1, would it stretch back out?

I know its a noob and maybe obvious question but I just wanted to make sure since it is stretched out fully right now.

Hey sufu,

excuse the really noob-ish question. But I have been wearing my Maiden Noirs for almost 6 months and I'm a noob so i just found out that its advisable to soak them BEFORE even wearing them the first time to avoid irregularities, etc after i eventually wash them.

So basically, 6 months in with no soaks/washes, would it be best to finally soak them now or just say fuck it? or what would you suggest?

Thanks a lot

-TT

Dont worry about it too much, I'm pretty sure ur maiden noirs uses sanforized denim, which means doesnt shrink mucht, soaking is needed for unsanforized denim and optional for sanforized denim...

however, if u find that ur genes have stretched out too much, soaking is an excellent way of creating that snug fit again...

Hey sufu,

excuse the really noob-ish question. But I have been wearing my Maiden Noirs for almost 6 months and I'm a noob so i just found out that its advisable to soak them BEFORE even wearing them the first time to avoid irregularities, etc after i eventually wash them.

So basically, 6 months in with no soaks/washes, would it be best to finally soak them now or just say fuck it? or what would you suggest?

Thanks a lot

-TT

Dont worry about it too much, I'm pretty sure ur maiden noirs uses sanforized denim, which means doesnt shrink mucht, soaking is needed for unsanforized denim and optional for sanforized denim...

however, if u find that ur genes have stretched out too much, soaking is an excellent way of creating that snug fit again...

Thanks a lot man! Btw, just wondering, how do you know that MNs uses sanforized? I haven't been able to find out :confused:

Maiden niors are stussy jeans arent they??? pretty sure they are sanforized..

Actually I believe MN is their own company. They just had a collab w/ Stussy. But I'm looking at the site and I see this sizing chart

http://www.maidennoir.com/sizing/

This is gonna be a dumb assumption, but since the marked size is the size they recommend you get, i'm guessing they're sanforized. What do you think?

when will i be able to post attachments? i have pictures to contribute but I hate posting links as much as I hate clicking on them. It'd be nice to be able to show the pic in the thread...

AFAIK there are no plans for users to start attaching pictures to posts.

If you want to post a picture in a thread, just use the IMG tags to show it, instead of using the URL tags to link to its location.

Resize the picture, host it somewhere like imageshack.us and then just link to it.

Is this what you are looking for? If you're looking for instructions on how to post pictures, check out superofficial.

I wanna get a pair of petite standards for my girlfriend as a late Christmas present. Just trying to get my sizing right.

5'5 110lbs

waist: 24 in

Hips: 31-32 in.

normally a 0-2 (i think) in most womens jeans.

I guess it all depends on how low rise the PS are compared to girlier jeans. obviously if they were going to fir on the hips i should get 28 or 29, but if they fit just above her hips probably 27's.

I might go with New Cures, I'm not sure

Any thoughts?

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic