SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

You can iron them if you want (inside out on a low heat is safest)...or your could soak them....OR...you could just wear them and not worry about it...they're for wearing and enjoying...don't stress over it.

Well I tried some low heat ironing and it didn't seem to work> These things are still crinkley as hell. Guess I'll just hope it works itself out after a month or so of wear.

apcs sizes:

what sizes are which? can someone explain what new standards and whatever means? im so confused somebody school me thanks :D

I don't really understand your questions, but here's some info:

-buy 2 sizes smaller than you usually wear

-new standards are slim...cures are slimmer

Now you get to read the obligatory APC info thread: http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=1698

Try spraying some water on the creases and then iron.

Yeah, thanks I might give that a try.... although I found one thing in some supertalk archive that said Earnest Sewn Fulton's were specifically dried in some way to make them a bit crinkley, so if this is on purpose maybe I'll just let it be. Doesn't bother me too much, just wanted to fix it if it was going to fuck up the fading or something. Otherwise these are the best fitting jeans I've ever owned!

Because the fabric in non-sanforized jeans hasn't been pre-shrunk. They'll shrink to the tagged size after they're soaked. Paul T kindly explains it a bit here.

but cant i just buy a pair of non-sanforized denim and go down lets say 1 size ... wear them and have them stretch out and then wash them? so it would shrink down to the original size?

skull 5010

OR

Flathead 3001/310

but i am leery as to the quality of the Skulls...i noticed that kixslf had some problems with the stiching coming undone and had to send them back to kiya to get repaired

just wanted to know which would be reccomended

that is what i am beginning to think as well

but can anyone speak on the quality of the skulls?

for reference, ive been wearing a pair of sam s0500xx for abt 6 mos, no skating, just normal everyday wear @ 2 washes, the pocket stitching (near belt loops) have come off, but as of now, there doesnt seem to be any imminent crotch repairs either. I bought my waist size (34).

i know kixslf had some issues and needed to have his sent back to self edge, but i dont think he elaborated on his problem

i know flathead quality is really good hence why i was asking

from what i've seen/heard flatheads fit and feel fukcing amazing, and i think they will last longer, but personally skulls appeal to me more.

but you need to ask yourself a couple things like if you like back pocket stitching?

and if you like zipper fly or button fly? flatheads use zipper fly and skulls have button fly.

ps. this should've been in This or That thread

My S5000Bks have an uneven distribution of creases. The whiskers on the right side are much more set and the creases due to stacking on the left side are much more in place aswell. Is this something I should be worried about? I dont want my jeans to end up looking like i only wore 1 leg.

Don't stress over it. The reason you're wearing raw jeans is to have them be distressed where you wear your jeans the hardest...if you're a little lopsided, that's okay.

i really wanna get a pair of flatheads but the 37" inseam is kinda scaring me. i know its supposed to shrink like crazy, but a 32" inseam is usually perfect length with just the right amount of stacking. understandably i'd be pretty nervous about letting a local tailor alter them.

does anyone have advice on locating a talior who would be able to handle jeans like this properly?

any alternatives or other advice in general is appreciated.

also i dont like cuffing my jeans, so thats out of the question.

thanks.

any tailor will be able to "properly" hem them.

if you want them chainstitched, either blue in green or selfedge can chainstitch for you (and if you're buying flatheads, i assume you're going through selfedge - it's probably free with purchase of jeans...)

I thought I was paying good attention, but just in case, has anyone started any threads about articles from any major newspapers or major magazines from major newspapers in the past month?

EDIT: besides the Wrangler denim article.

I posted a similar question in the Samurai Denim thread, but I need more suggestions.

I have a 33 S5000VX and 34 S510VX I don't like either fit. I dont like the S5000VX's low rise and thinish thighs, and on the S510VX I don't like the wider thighs and hem. So bascially I need something in between these two jeans, so one that is not low rise, thighs in between the S5000 and the S510 and a hem that slightly tapers to or doesnt have to taper to a hem which is about 8.7 inches (I hope that is understandable :D ). Could anyone give me some suggestions on jean which jean model would be suitable, oh and I need a pair which is on par with the Samurai in terms of quality.

Cheers.

I posted a similar question in the Samurai Denim thread, but I need more suggestions.

I have a 33 S5000VX and 34 S510VX I don't like either fit. I dont like the S5000VX's low rise and thinish thighs, and on the S510VX I don't like the wider thighs and hem. So bascially I need something in between these two jeans, so one that is not low rise, thighs in between the S5000 and the S510 and a hem that slightly tapers to or doesnt have to taper to a hem which is about 8.7 inches (I hope that is understandable :D ). Could anyone give me some suggestions on jean which jean model would be suitable, oh and I need a pair which is on par with the Samurai in terms of quality.

Cheers.

Oni Blue might be what you're looking for.

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic