SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

I just bought another pair of raw denim today. Dammit, you guys have me addicted. Luckily I won't be around Context anymore until late summer.

Anyways, I grabbed a pair of Crate James IV. I love them, they're a little more relaxed than my Even Steven Masas, which is just what I wanted.

Thing is, this means I have two pairs of jeans to break in at the same time. Should I just put these away and wait six months to start breaking them in, or should I switch the Masas and the James IVs every other day to break them both in at the same time?

apocalypse later - It's really up to you. Do you want a pair of broken in jeans asap? Then stick to one pair. If you like variety in what you wear, then rotate between the two. I rotate between two pairs but wear one pair more often than the other.

here's a manufacturing one...

some denim comes raw with a white back side to it ala most raw denims. 501's etc.

Some come with a more cream coloured back side to the denim and finally as with the Edwin AP47 rainbow selvedge come in a grey-ish colour.

Is this a wash thing?

I really prefer the off white etc colour, but would be reluctant to say i know why this feature happens.

I presume its just a wash thing?

any one up on this?

I'm particularly looking for the california no wash... do you know where to get them in NYC? Looking to get them for my second pair. How much should I size down? (do they act the same way as APCs?)

Have you tried Seven? It's in Soho, on Mercer St. I know they carry Julian Red...

Have you tried Seven? It's in Soho, on Mercer St. I know they carry Julian Red...

Yes I've been there, looked at the shoes, the Creative Projects called me, then the raf simons sneakers, looked at the prices then the merchandise suddenly had a force field.

I'll check out seven again. Expensive stuff though.

here's a manufacturing one...

some denim comes raw with a white back side to it ala most raw denims. 501's etc.

Some come with a more cream coloured back side to the denim and finally as with the Edwin AP47 rainbow selvedge come in a grey-ish colour.

Is this a wash thing?

I really prefer the off white etc colour, but would be reluctant to say i know why this feature happens.

I presume its just a wash thing?

any one up on this?

Different coloured threads are used for the warp & weft...up to the manufacturer on which colour they use for the weft. Most use ecru, some use pure white. Washing will change this colour in time as the indigo runs. Not sure if that answers your question or not...

Different coloured threads are used for the warp & weft...up to the manufacturer on which colour they use for the weft. Most use ecru, some use pure white. Washing will change this colour in time as the indigo runs. Not sure if that answers your question or not...

i think he means wash as in processing...in which case no, it's not a wash process. the weft yarns are already a certain colour (ecru or white in most cases like gimmegimme says) and due to the weave they are more visible on the reverse side of the denim. so when you're talking about the "back side to the denim" you're looking at the weft.

washes discolour the warp yarns, which are indigo. washing and other processes like sanding etc occur on the front of the jeans.

but yes, the weft can also get stained over time.

i think he means wash as in processing...in which case no, it's not a wash process. the weft yarns are already a certain colour (ecru or white in most cases like gimmegimme says) and due to the weave they are more visible on the reverse side of the denim. so when you're talking about the "back side to the denim" you're looking at the weft.

washes discolour the warp yarns, which are indigo. washing and other processes like sanding etc occur on the front of the jeans.

but yes, the weft can also get stained over time.

Thats pretty well sorted it. thanks heaps for the info tweedles and gimme on such a newb question.

if its up to the manufacturer then i am all happy. that you can get a raw denim with a slightly different colour weft

I guess it was just that a pair of dry goods having a different colour weft wouldnt necessarily mean they were treated.

Cool beans

thanks for your time.

JJ:)

Anyone know where i can find the APC "Faded Black" jeans? I think they were in the old cure style. I haven't been able to find them online anywhere.

hi guys, i have a couple of questions:

first- do any stores in either Paris or London sell japanese denim? (particularly PBJxx005 or Skull5010xx)

second- would anyone know if the xx005 has a higher or lower rise than APC NC?

ok still having trouble with sizing for the skulls basically, my true waist is 28". what size should i get the skulls 5010xx 6x6 one-wash in?

i would go with 28. people have reported that over 5 months, their skulls has stretched to be a size bigger. but obviously, you have to wait awhile. intially, they will be very tight, almost uncomfortable. if you size up, you will get a good fit initially, but if you wear them heavily, they will stretch to be way too big. i wouldnt size down at all.

hi guys, i have a couple of questions:

first- do any stores in either Paris or London sell japanese denim? (particularly PBJxx005 or Skull5010xx)

second- would anyone know if the xx005 has a higher or lower rise than APC NC?

There's a 45rpm store in Paris: http://www.45rpm.jp/shop/cms/contents.aspx?contents=103&Language=English

Not 100% sure but I think Selfridges in London carries Japanese denim. There might be a couple other places as well.

I'd like to know where I might be able to get selvage denim from. Obviously not the jeans (pants) but just the cloth. I think I remember, this has been asked before but seem to be unable to find the thread. If someone could point me in the right direction...

cheers!

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic