SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

thanks for the suggestions. I had been looking at the 0500xx & SDA-103's on BIG, but alas, they don't have any of those in my size. Also, another issue is I'm wanting a straight fit, or slightly slim fit with straight leg. Not tapered. I'm waiting for the Samurai S710XX19oz or restocks of the S510XX19oz. Although I'm not married to Samurai, so that's kinda why I'm testing the waters here. Thanks for the info.

hi - I just wondered if I could just get afew suggestions of jeans that come in this wash (light grey)?

Like this (sorry this is a cobra snake link): http://www.thecobrasnake.com/partyphotos/hamburgerhotdog/IMG_2501.html

may i suggest...

skull 5010XX grey: http://www.fabfour.co.jp/netshop/babe/showcase/BB041.html#

note the contrast stitching :)

grey april77 joey colordrive

joeycolordrivegreyyh8.jpg

Anyone know what the fit is like on the Flathead 3008? Is there another jeans fit that I can compare it to? Pics?

Hi Shant, you can check out the following link to see how the 3008s fit: http://item.rakuten.co.jp/bears/theflathead-3008/. They are a '66 cut so they should compare to jeans like Fullcount 1108 (another '66 repro).

JEESH! the real mccoy's version had Lee branding on it? tell me that was a collabo and not a completely exact repro!

Well it must have been a collabo, because the branding was Lee alongside Real McCoy. Real McCoy might've asked Lee if they could redo the 101J. "Real McCoy" only appears on the inside pocket woven label. But I think this jacket really is starting to grow on me, even it's been around for awhile.

Going by measurements.. I think I'll be safe but -

How is the fit on these bad boys, compared to 5EP Straight or the RB6.. or perhaps RRDS (excluding the bootcut). I have an ample backside, if you will, and I'll be unable to return these so I want to be sure that they fit decently before getting them.

I noticed that poly thinks that the fit is somewhat slimmer than the standard Sorahiko. Can anyone else substantiate this?

After 3 months of wear in my 45Rpm's and very little 'combing at the back i decied to starch the back to get something going. i used corn starch in a squigy bottle and sprayed the back and decided to cross my legs to try and get some combs going while they dried, however, i diddnt notice this then, the pants got pulled up a bit, so now the combs are very low on my legs (calves). my question is, is there a way to get the starch out to remove the combs? i reacon they look preety silly right now.

I have some old jeans i got from my dad. some 501xx stf and Lees that are so beat they have no tags except the leather. Is there a way to rejuvinate these jeans give them some nicer whiskers/honeycombs?

Also the lee's have been sitting in a drawer for years and they have ugly creases at the sides making them stick out to the sides when they're on, anything i can do to correct that?

I recently bought a pair of APC rescues which i really like. Before the rescues i hadent bought a pair a of jeans in years due to the fact that the model i liked was discontinued. I was interested in imperials and samurai and wanted to know what model was similar to the APC rescue. thanks

Ok so I got my purple selvage from ratuken, in the size that I would wear according to the measurements on their website (waist 36 = 94CM and normally I need 96 CM but I figured I could stretch them a tiny bit). So the jeans arrive and my GAWD they are gorgeous but I can only button the bottom type buttons. And worse than that, as soon as I got the second button up, the seam ripped that connects the buttonfly strip to the main jeans so I dont think I can return them! :( I'm sure I can go to a tailor or BiG and have that seam re-enforced but that still leaves me with the problem of the damn waist. How can I stretch the waist on these things like 2 inches? Is it completely a lost cause? It's too bad because the legs fit just like how I'd want... HELP!

Ok so I got my purple selvage from ratuken, in the size that I would wear according to the measurements on their website (waist 36 = 94CM and normally I need 96 CM but I figured I could stretch them a tiny bit). So the jeans arrive and my GAWD they are gorgeous but I can only button the bottom type buttons. And worse than that, as soon as I got the second button up, the seam ripped that connects the buttonfly strip to the main jeans so I dont think I can return them! :( I'm sure I can go to a tailor or BiG and have that seam re-enforced but that still leaves me with the problem of the damn waist. How can I stretch the waist on these things like 2 inches? Is it completely a lost cause? It's too bad because the legs fit just like how I'd want... HELP!

Actually I got a size 36 too and I usually wear a 38. I got mine to stretch to a 37.5 which is what my waist is, I think, after wearing it for 2 weeks straight. Made me a bit nauseous though.

Actually I got a size 36 too and I usually wear a 38. I got mine to stretch to a 37.5 which is what my waist is, I think, after wearing it for 2 weeks straight. Made me a bit nauseous though.

Did you start the stretching process after wetting them? I am going to have to re-enforce the stitching on the button fly first before I soak and stretch these things out...

Did you start the stretching process after wetting them? I am going to have to re-enforce the stitching on the button fly first before I soak and stretch these things out...

Nah, I just threw them on. Then I had to loosen the top button when I ate a big meal. Or when I leaned over to tie my boots. Having a gut is no fun, but my girl thinks its cute.

I recently received a APC denim jacket and i wasn't sure on what to do with it. Would i treat it like raw denim jeans and hot soak and wear? The APC card that came with it said to wash by hand or in machine with cold water only for the first 3 washes. Also it mentions nothing about drying.

I was thinking of hot soaking with a bit of detergent and then hang drying or throwing it in the dryer to make it a bit softer and shrink it more. It's definitely too baggy right now. I'm generally a small to medium and this is a size 2. I've never had a raw denim jacket so i thought i'd ask.

Nah, I just threw them on. Then I had to loosen the top button when I ate a big meal. Or when I leaned over to tie my boots. Having a gut is no fun, but my girl thinks its cute.

Yeah see I cant really button any of the buttons. I'm going to bring them to gordon to see if he can chainstitch the button fly so that I can stretch the hell out of them in the tub. Not sure what else to do at this point except maybe go on a crash diet LOL

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic